1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 NBA FINALS - Heat vs. Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 713, Jun 9, 2012.

?

Predictions?

1. Heat in 4

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Heat in 5

14 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Heat in 6

48 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. Heat in 7

31 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. OKC in 4

15 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. OKC in 5

32 vote(s)
    8.4%
  7. OKC in 6

170 vote(s)
    44.9%
  8. OKC in 7

65 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. SacTown

SacTown Member

The only people who really said that are the same people who said Miami had no chance against Indiana and Boston so you really have to question their basketball knowledge before you read too much into it.

2. SacTown

SacTown Member

Yes it was a foul. Not sure if it really affected the shot, but I would say it should have been called.

3. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

4. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

5. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

That was Durant fading away, not Lebron pushing him off

6. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

And if the Rockets had drafted Karl Malone, I doubt we would hate him. But we didn't, and we know that he was a worthless human being and never a member of the Rockets and someone who I relished watching having his ass kicked by Jordan. What is this, we can't root against someone anymore because we would like him if he was on our team? And then you have people crying about how there's not enough competitive fire between teams these days.

1 person likes this.
  7. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Both the haters and the lovers of Lebron tend to take it way too seriously sometimes. I personally didn't like the guy long before the decision because of the sideline dancing, and front running and self proclaiming tattoos but the decision and teaming up only convinced me that I didn't like him as an ATHLETE. People that say I should stop hating on a player might as well say I should stop watching sports. The best part of sports for me is cheering for and against players and teams. My dislike for Lebron and the Heat has made the playoffs and finals more interesting because I always have something to cheer for or against. However, at the end of the day I still wish Lebron the best in his off the court life.

1 person likes this.
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

http://sulia.com/channel/nba-finals...4-0f03-4024-8157-30c782f32af5/?source=twitter
    Royce Young
    Brooks was asked if he'd consider changing his starting five: "No, not at all. We just lost 30 minutes ago, so I just think we were missing shots. We didn't come out with the defensive toughness, the disposition that we need to play with. We have to do that first, and then if it doesn't work, then we'll think about doing other things. But right now we have to play better from the very start."

This is the difference between upper echelon coaches like Pop, Carlisle & Doc and a guy like Scott Brooks. Three consecutive crash-and-burn starts in-a-row and he says "No, not at all". Somebody needs to tell him it's the Finals and everything should be on the table.

http://sulia.com/channel/nba-finals...8-8a70-4dbe-b610-01a9c5428183/?source=twitter
    Royce Young
    Brooks on why he stuck with Perk in the third: "He's one of our better players. We have three good choices: Serge, Nick and Perk. I thought Perk ‑‑ Perk is our best screener. He gets guys open. He scores by setting screens, and there's no stat for that, but that's what he does. Small ball, medium ball, big ball, that did not lose the game. Toughness lost the game. We didn't come out with the toughness that we need to come out with. We're an aggressive team, we're a physical team, we are a ‑‑ defensive mindset was not where it needs to be, and hopefully we change that going into Game 3."

Perk is a role-player. When there is nobody on the floor he can guard, his value is negative. Simple as that. This isn't the Lakers or Spurs. "Small ball" gave Miami a huge advantage because Brooks didn't adjust to it until the 4th quarter. I guess Collison doesn't set great screens. Nice dodge of the question by naming other problems that existed part of the 1st quarter but weren't an issue afterwards.

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Spoelstra is terrible. If they had a good coach,they would be a dominant outfit. They win in spite of him. I though heat in 6 and I still believe that. I hope spoelstra is the 1st coach to win a title and get fired.

10. SacTown

SacTown Member

Agree. Heat have dominant players with a joke of a coach.

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

12. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

He was fouled and he thought he'd get 2 FT, it didn't happen. Simple as that.

13. SacTown

SacTown Member

Whoops!

14. Mr. Space City

swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggg

15. SacTown

SacTown Member

Hate to quote myself but I called this. Let's not overreact after one or two games. This is going to be a very long series.

16. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

I'll let you get away with that. But how does hitting the upper leg not a foul in the same move? It wasn't even Durant kicked LBJ.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah. The hand in KD's chest was incidental. Nice of James to pull it back out of Durant's chest. Might have got lost in there.

18. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Considering the way the refs were officiating the game, it wasn't a bad non-call.

19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

He has three days to realize the error of his ways. Perkins has nobody he can guard with the Heat going small.

20. RyanB

RyanB Member

Thunder will come back and win it all