1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crazy/interesting/fun-Business ideas you'll never do so might as well tell clutchfans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by IBTL, Mar 17, 2012.

1. aghast

aghast Member

Woody Allen's "w**** of Mensa," made real.

Not actual prostitutes (or not just actual prostitutes), but intelligent conversationalists. Companions, for the right price; after the conversation is over, they pack up their things and leave. For all clientele, male and female. To be had, on call, 24/7.

Want to discuss Proust? There's a w**** for that.

Just seen a good film, and want to discuss its symbolism? There's a w**** for that.

Just got high, and want to discuss your personal evolution, from grade school through university, as it relates to the punctuated equilibria theory of macro-evolution? Dude, there's a w**** for that.

This would go over like hotcakes, hotcakes for a world filled with useless knowledge, and no one to tell it to. There's plenty of us pseudo-intellectuals out there.

2. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I had written up a document with a decent level of game design a while back, which I'm sure HAS to be in development somewhere by now.

It was a military themed 3rd person MMO. Not first person, 3rd person. Like the slew of MMOs you see today.

The quests, or missions, in this case would range from recon on a target that you take out later in the chain, solo sniper missions, protection details, resource gathering, etc.

You would have a LMG class as your tank who lays down cover fire to build aggro. Healers are your medics of course. They would throw health packs to people for HoTs. Sniper classes as your ranged DPS, assault operators as your mid range or cq style dps classes (shotguns, ARs, etc.) Skill trees to allow you to really customize your style of combat.

Skills could be like a sniper that can aim at body parts to slow movement, hit an arm to decrease an enemy's hit chance, etc. It all translates to things we see in fantasy based MMOs now.

Gear would be the different parts of body armor, guns, attachments for guns that make them better.

Factions to support a story that all factions want to do the same content, but PvP makes sense too.

Instances would be groups of operators/soldiers invading a compound or something and taking out a baddie. Drug lord or soemthing to get his weapons and money to fund your cause.

That's the basics of it at least.

3. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I don't know if this counts but in college.. I got sick of the washaterria. I had to sit there because of people that happily jacked your clothes.. and there was nothing to do in the place.

I wanted to do a washateria / internet lounge / lan gaming center... then I got realistic and thought a washateria / strip club / would make more sense. (being near the campus especially since I could hire local "talent")

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

Dehydrated pillows.

Just add water, and you have a pillow! Perfect for school or the train!

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member