1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PC] So... A Diablo 3 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Acedude, Aug 1, 2011.

1. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

So apparently there's a huge exploit on the AH right now where people are making billions of gold. Well good job Blizzard there goes the economy

2. Convictedstupid

What is it and how can i do it.

3. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

They just fixed it by the way

Its based on the cancelling AH exploit. Since the AH is based on local time, if you set your system clock back two days when your game is running, you can cancel any auction.

From Blizzard forum:

Player A puts item up on AH
    Player B buys item
    Player A takes out the gold from that transaction
    Player B turns back the clock on his desktop by 2 days
    Player B will get back the money he spent on the item, and player A will also have the money that was originally paid, thus duping the gold.

Apparently people have been doing it for awhile but now that its hit mainstream, there's a chance for a huge rollback.

4. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Wow, smart of them to use local time to control AH..... but everything else is required online.

5. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

Ban wave #1:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5740846683

I think they almost have to wipe everything and start over again, whether it's wiping all gold/gear from the game, or create a d2-esque ladder system for people to have a fresh start.

But they won't do something this drastic.

6. Acedude

That method doesn't work. You can only rollback local clock to cancel auctions.

Blue on this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5760137425?page=3#51

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

so does that mean all those peoples games are now useless? and they will have to go out and buy another if they want to continue playing?

8. Acedude

Suspension = temp ban. Ban = permanent, and need another CD key to play.

Blizzard had done similar things in the past in D2 and WC3, so the act itself isn't anything out of ordinary.

The issue with D3 is that, with RMAH in place, Blizzard need to ban people faster than they can make money off of the game auction house.

9. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

the whole rolling back system clock to cancel an auction is just ridiculous, a game that requires online connection at all times still relies on client clock? seriously Blizzard...

the counter argument is they're allowing you to cancel your auction anytime in a future patch, but still, not very thought out move

10. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Whoever programmed this needs to be fired. How stupid can you be to use local clock for an internet based application? That's about as basic as not overflow your data type.

Speaking of which,

[​IMG]

Apparently there is an error in how the hp of monsters with Extra Health are calculated in multi-player game. The monsters have 150% hp to begin with when they have the Extra Health attribute, and when new players join the game the HP grows based on the current 150% HP value. But when the players leave, the monster HP reduction does not take into account Extra Health and is only calculated from the base HP of the monster type. If you have a monster with 1 million base HP, with Extra health it becomes 1.5 m. When a player joins your game, it becomes 3.15m on Infernal, and when he/she leaves, the monster is left with 2.05 m hp. If you repeat this, you can have a 2.1 billion HP monster in no time at all.

This game is a disgrace to Blizzard and their usual high standards. What happened to "It will be available when it's ready" or something like that? This game is clearly far from ready at the release date.

11. E_Saiyan

E_Saiyan Member

Real money auction house is up. Ridiculous prices for some legendary items. $250 for an amulet? Really...you'd be a moron or total loser to spend that much on a virtual object.

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

or rich kids with daddy's credit card

13. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

they built this game around the RMAH, no question about it, I was an avid d2 player, this game is a b*stard with the name

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i know one thing when diablo2 came out there were not as many forums around for people to complain about every single thing that is wrong with it.

people will always love these things

blizzard
    yankees
    cowboys
    kate upton
    apple
    lakers
    walmart
    exxon

15. aghast

aghast Member

Your memory may be a little rose-colored.

After years of patches, the D2 character screen damage was never accurate. Socket-cubing rare items broke their stats (similarly to the health bug above). Poison clouds were lethal one-shotters, due to coding errors. And all of the character skills had to be buffed, then nerfed, then buffed again.

The game was riddled with bugs, and that was AFTER years of patches. As pele above notes, the original D2 (not the expansion years later) was drastically light on content compared to what they ultimately decided upon after years of trial-and-error.

Yet it was still fun. As is, so far at least, D3.

16. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

While that is true, Diablo 3 servers and auction house have been nothing but problems with errors and exploits. This game is based on greed IMO and revolves around the auction house too much. :p

17. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

18. Sacudido

Sacudido Contributing Member

Still having fun. 60 monk just hit inferno tonight... first elite pack I come to was a desecrator/mortar/arcane/shielding carrion bat group in the cathedral. Finally killed them on the 5th try. Ouch.

The RMAH messed things up. The only things on the gold auction house now are way overpriced garbage, with no bargains to be had. I refuse to spend real money on virtual items.

19. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I think things will calm down in a week or two with the RMAH. I know some people are spending hundreds of dollars on items, but I just can't see that level of demand persisting. Most of the stuff on there won't sell, and in a few months I expect most items will be under $20. Especially after they nerf the difficulty of inferno and make it easier for more people to farm it.

20. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

I honestly didn't expect right off the bat seeing items being sold for 250$.. and these items weren't that super spectacular either. Definitely going to hold off considering buying anything from the RMAH for a while, I may buy some things from the RMAH when S#%! gets cheap and I mean realllly cheap. I can't see myself spending more than 10$ for a single item.