1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] PROMETHEUS

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cowboy_Bebop, Nov 26, 2011.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

West Oaks Alamo is officially closing down this year.

I don't know why, but I've been to Studio Movie Grill a few times, and every experience has been ruined by the people there. I've found it to be an inconsiderate douche factory. But that's only my experience.

2. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Like Nero said, he's not going to out rightly say we will be getting a harder R version with the extended cut that will tie loose ends together for the Blu-ray version. I'm expecting we will be getting a harder R rated version and an extra 20 to 30 mins cut. Even Scott hinted that the version that we saw was water down because of the MPAA so he have to cut it and use the soft R rated to commercialize on it and not totally kill off certain age group and loses million of dollars.

3. aghast

aghast Member

During which scene? I think that' s a pretty good advertisement for how scary the film is.

4. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

But, isn't his theory that they were only trying to evolve us almost ruined by how the engineer reacted to the humans after being awakened? If they wanted to evolve humans, why did the engineer just crush the humans like we would to cockroaches after they advanced enough to finally reach them. Was the engineer on bath salt? Was he just one bad guy of the bunch, closed himself off from the other engineers that might have wanted to stop him from bad intentions?

On a side note, i liked the way the engineer's facial expression showed confusion and almost shock that humans were standing in front of him communicating with each other in a language he couldn't understand. Before of course going freaking psycho.

5. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

6. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Sure they would be able to crushed human like coachroaches if it was hand to hand combat. But when it comes to super weapons/technologies that we possesses the playing field should be almost even.

7. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

But, how would he get the idea the humans were hostile at all? Did the android say something?

I'm just going against that writers theory of them wanting to evolve us instead of destroy us. Sorry if i'm sloppy..i'm drunk and i'm not going to bother reviewing my words.

8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

This is another problem I have with Scott's decisions. Did he just cast Pearce to be in viral campaigns? Because in the movie he's just in it for a few minutes and as an old man. Just cast an age appropriate actor and not have Pearce under bad makeup looking like Lo Pan in Big Trouble In Little China.

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I agree that bugged me.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

what is shaw going to eat in space when she leaves with david

prometheus ship blown up and I assume they're not going back to one podcraft thing that popped off because it has a xenomorph wandering around

will this be answered in the planned sequel?

damon lindelof is god awful guys

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

oh yeah why does charlize theron have a medpod specific only for males in her decked out self-contained living quarters.

12. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I could have sworn i saw her grab what looked like cans from vickers room, she was throwing them in a bag. Perhaps it was canned food? I dunno..

Vickers must have assumed the pod was hers but never had need for it, and so it seems it was only meant for weyland..

13. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I had no problem with the make-ups. The guy is over 100yrs old and real people at the age does look like that. It's only that we aren't use to seeing people at that age. He was supposed to have other scenes such as the one with him and David in some flash back but I'm not sure if that was shot or not.

Maybe the Engineer's hyper sleep apparatus is compatible for the human so she wouldn't need that much resources?

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is one reason why I believe the whole invitation thing was a trap set up to lure humans when they reached a sufficient technological level to threaten the Engineers. The engineer that awoken was both proud to see his creation reach that level of sophistication but also determined to carry out his mission of wiping humanity out.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing originally a lot more of young Weyland was going to be shown in the movie that ended up getting cut.

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It's for keeping Weyland alive, and her quarters is the lifeboat. The whole mission isn't funded for any kind of research or discovery, it's funded by Weyland in the hope that it can extend his life.

(although the whole idea that this super advanced surgery machine can't do a cesarean is ridiculous)

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I assume she would have gotten supplies from the escape pod, which they made a point of saying had 2 years worth of life. Think what they show at the very end doesn't happen until David and Shaw are gone.

Here's another quick rundown of some some theories...

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=25119&count=0

#477 GRENDEL, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  18. VanityHalfBlack

that sux cause I live like 5mins away from the west oak one... They are gonna open two more locations in Houston, one of them is gonna be in Downtown...

19. David Stern

David Stern Member

LOL...I think it was a bit before the shaw procedure....maybe the movie was so good that she was not able to miss a scene so she releaved herself mid-movie:eek:

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am sure the engineers spaceship is stocked with food that is edible by humans. It might not taste good but if you share the same DNA i'd think the food would at least keep you alive. I mean, we're talking sugar, protein, and fat here - it's fairly basic stuff.