1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PC] So... A Diablo 3 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Acedude, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Convictedstupid

Idk mine off the top of my head but I have 12k DPS right now and like 38k health. I need to increase DPS and decrease health a little. You also need more res.

2 of my passive skill sets are armor is 100% of dex and all res is equal to the highest. Those are really nice.

2. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

My advice is about the same as has already been said.

I think your main issues are your vitality and resistances. Your dex and armor are probably okay... damage seems a little low, probably because you have no +attack speed items. You might want to see about getting some +attack speed, especially since it'll help your spirit regeneration.

As for vitality, all my inferno characters have 900 vitality at the minimum. Your screenshot says 411. Yeah, that's not good enough.

For resistances, the passive skill "one with everything" is your friend. It makes it so that each of your resistances is equal to your highest one. That means you can go on the auction house and just look for gear with a single resistance on it, as long as it's the same one for all armor pieces. I arbitrarily picked posion resist for my Monk. Each piece of armor had at least 40 poison resist, so now I've got 488 resist all. I'll need to get it higher eventually, but this was actually fairly cheap gear that I bought fairly quickly right when I hit 60.

Also, I don't see a screen of your skills, but personally I like to focus heavily on the Monk's defensive powers, especially late-game. All four in that category are really great.

Lastly, I'm sure there are a lot of opinions on spirit generators, but personally I prefer deadly reach with the keen eye rune, which increases your armor by 50% for four seconds after the third hit. So basically you're just getting +50% armor as long as you keep attacking with that skill. It won't kill as quickly as some of your other options, but it's yet more defense.

That's my two cents. Good luck.

3. gezza

gezza Member

4. AtheistPreacher

Someone else had mentioned that it was at Act II where the game really becomes ridiculously hard. After finally getting my Witch Doctor there, I have to agree. Act I Inferno really isn't that bad. It mostly feels like a continuation of Hell. But when Act II starts... I died three times just doing that little canyon bit with the Enchantress at the very beginning. Stupid Lacuni.

5. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Agreed. I can't get passed the beginning stages with my DH. Now I'm forced to go farm mode for awhile.

6. sew

sew Member

Act 2 is pretty rough.

My buddy decided to go full on tank and I went glass cannon. It's working quite well so far. We got up to the Blood and Sand quest with 5x neph buff before real life interfered.

7. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

Completes act 1 Inferno... FEELS GOOD MAN. Attempts act 2. Dies in 2 shots. :(

8. aghast

aghast Member

Took me about seven-eight tries before finally beating Inferno Butcher. Once.

Seems like, after three or four minutes, the entire floor just incinerates, all over, with no safe patches. Uh, what? Felt like a dog in one of those learned helplessness experiments.

(Puppy dog. Two halves of a floor. Electrocute one side, and the dog will learn to walk to the other side. Electrocute both sides, and the dog eventually just sits down and takes the pain, won't move, even when the scientist starts turning off electricity to the other half again).

My experience is the same in Act 2: two- or three-shotted from the poison-spitting horseflies.

Come to think of it, I think Inferno Act 2+ is a human experiment in learned helplessness.

9. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

act 2 gets easier as you gear up, but the gear doesnt drop from act 1, they're addressing that problem in patch 1.0.3

im not playing until then

besides, guild wars 2 weekend :D

10. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

I know my gear isn't very good but act 2 is just insanely hard. I hope the patch fixes this. Till then I guess I'll farm act 1 .:(

11. AtheistPreacher

Yeah, that's the enrage timer. In Inferno mode, if you don't kill the bosses quickly enough, something nasty happens. For the Butcher, it's that the whole floor is on fire always, which basically means you're screwed.

I definitely had problems beating him solo with my WD. But it ended up my biggest issue was that initially I wanted to keep my 5x Nephalem Valor stack, so I didn't change any of my skills. I like my setup (Darts, Firebats, Grasp of Dead, Spirit Walk, Soul Harvest, Gargantuan), but against the Butcher I just couldn't damage him fast enough to beat the enrage timer. In the end, after I switched my skills around (most notably took Zombie Bears over Direbats), I beat him on the third try.

12. aghast

aghast Member

Didn't realize the enrage timer existed; that's nuts. (Though I guess it does prevent my barbarian's Hell Diablo-killing strategy: Berserker Rage available? Sweet! Stand my ground, and swing away with courage. Berserker Rage over? Ah! Run in figure eights for two minutes, and hope the devil doesn't catch me. Berserker Rage available? Sweet! Stand my ground, swing away, etc. Rinse/repeat.)

Two or three times I got the Butcher down to a sliver, only to run around, (yellow rare) pants on fire, trying to find a spot to cool off and regroup. Final time it happened again, but I was just able to make it to the health regen shrine, and whack away before I fully burned up.

Yeah, waiting on Patch 1.03 to nerf Act 2/be able to farm Act 1 and have at least some shot at end-game items seems like the best option.

Patch 1.03 intentions:

[​IMG]

Of course, they're going to up repair costs on items to make it that much harder to die/keep trying the invulnerable minion bosses.

13. AtheistPreacher

BTW, I didn't realize this until I did some research on enrage timers just now, but apparently elite/champion packs also have enrage timers. I guess I've just never taken long enough for them to activate. They get a red icon over their heads, and at that point just being near them will constantly damage you.

Also, supposedly the Butcher's enrage timer is three minutes.

Azmodan's enrage is apparently his black hole attack thing starts covering the whole floor... so, basically the same as the Butcher.

Information seems sketchier on Belial and Diablo. Not sure what their enrage effects are, or if they even have enrage timers at all. If someone knows, pray tell.

14. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Have 280% gold find. Any good places for gold farming?

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Will you friend me so I can get some gold with you. Act III is the best place for gold. Lots of monsters.

My user id is rockbox#1301

16. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Just a quick question, there are a couple of quests that don't take very long and gave great XP. Blizz has nerfed a lot of them to keep people from leveling too fast (azmodan, Zultan, etc.) but there a still quite a few left in the game.

Do you think it's "cheap" to level that way? If so, why haven't Blizz fixed all of them? I finally cave this weekend, decided I want to get to 60 so I can work on proper gearing before falling too far behind. It really is fast (about 45 min to get 59 to 60) compare to the normal grind but about same speed as having an over geared friend helping you.

17. aghast

aghast Member

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/8-june-diablo-3-hotfixes

Supposedly a hotfix corrected that method, as of this weekend, though I haven't tried to prove it:

"Fixed a bug where players could turn in the same quest repeatedly and always receive rewards as though they were completing the quest for the first time."

As with the repeated Azmodan quests fix, if it didn't take, I'd imagine they'll correct it eventually.

18. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Thanks all on my Monk questions... I increased my resistance, now all my elemental resistance, after buffed, is 790... HUGE difference.

19. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

If fixes the Zultan you can turn in quest 4 times from one run which I was doing. But there are still quite a few runs out there (I leveled up till Sunday) where you can do quickly if you've out geared the quest. For example, Khazim Outpost one. Below is what I think they fixed.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ssYasg1h-Gk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#879 wizkid83, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  20. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

The thing is my gold find equip is my other set, not really used for monster killing. I don't even think I can kill anything efficiently with this set. I was using it to farm jars in the royal crypt (12k per min) but now Blizzard nerfed it, I was looking for something similar. I don't know how effect it would be for either of us (since gold find is split and I don't do damage) to farm together.