1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TV SHOWS....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 713, Jun 10, 2012.

1. 713

713 Member

Any good TV shows that you guys are into at the moment or in the past? I just finished seasons 1-6 of LOST and 1-4 of Breaking Bad and thought both were pretty good..Im thinking about starting a new show to watch maybe Dexter, The Wire, or Entourage(I heard alot of good from these 3)...Which of these 3 do you guys recommend to watch first? Any other good shows you guys suggest?

P. S. I prefer dramas/thriller..haha but im down for anything that is good :grin:

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Of those three, watch the Wire. Dexter's fun too though. Never got into Entourage.

More importantly, watch Arrested Development. And if you've already seen it, watch it again damn it.

Deadwood's another really good drama.

3. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

The Wire is definitely awesome, one of my all-time favs. They're all good though to me. I'd rank em like this.

The Wire
    Dexter
    Entourage

Game of Thrones is an awesome show, I'd definitely recommend that.

5. aghast

aghast Member

The Wire may be the greatest television show ever made. Was going to write: "Deadwood ain't so bad, either," even before seeing dharocks' post.

Someone steered you badly wrong on Entourage; I'm not familiar with Dexter, though I've been told it recycles plots/gets repetitive after the first few seasons.

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

The Wire is the best cop drama ever made (makes crap like Law and Order look unprofessional). Dexter season 1 is great but the other seasons fall off pretty badly. Entourage is uninteresting to me. You will especially hate Entourage if you are over the age of 20 b/c it is so immature.

7. peterrkim

peterrkim Contributing Member

there's only been 1 season of each, but homeland and boss are 2 shows i'm lookin forward to for seasons 2. kelsey grammar in boss is just something people should see. never seen him in that kind of role.

never seen the wire and never liked michael hall enough to watch dexter. entourage is just alright. jeremy piven is the best part with kevin dillon also almost as good.

curb your enthusiasm is probably the funniest show i've seen. definitely recommend that. enjoy watching all the tv you can

8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Entourage is alright. I mean, it's not bad, but I wouldn't put it anywhere near The Wire or Dexter.

The Wire is definitely the best out of those three.

As far as shows I would recommend, I was looking around Netflix Instant one day and came across a show called Luther. It's a British "cop-show" but it's miles ahead of any sort of cop show I've seen since The Wire. There have only been 10 episodes so far (2 "seasons"), but the show is excellent. Idris Elba is a phenomenal actor.

9. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

The Wire is hands down the best show ever.

Deadwood is also fantastic

Dexter Seasons 1-2 are great. 3 is average. 4 is one of the best seasons of any show ever. John Lithgow as the Trinity Killer is nothing less than brilliant. ( Unfortunately, since then, the show has been uninspiring....or maybe I keep comparing it to season 4)

Im also a huge fan of Fringe. They are actually going to finish the series next year so you will get the complete story. Its SciFi, but really well written and my brother who hates sci fi digs it.

Im assuming you have seen The Sopranos.

Entourage gets old after a few years. Nothing changes.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if you like a great detective murder mystery, Veronica Mars season 1

<object width="410" height="316" id="embed" align="middle" ><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="movie" value="http://www.thewb.com/player/wbphasethree/wbvideoplayer.swf"/><param name="flashVars" value="mediaKey=3c62044675&config=wbembedplayer.xml"/><param name="quality" value="high"/><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff"/><embed src="http://www.thewb.com/player/wbphasethree/wbvideoplayer.swf" flashVars="mediaKey=3c62044675&config=wbembedplayer.xml" width="410" height="316" name="embed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

11. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Gotta agree with some of the ones already listed. Some people have liked Six Feet Under, which I didn't really get into. To add to the list (and to make it a bit different), I'd suggest Doctor Who (the current series, which began in 2005). Another BBC show would be Sherlock, which I haven't seen myself, but have heard good things about.

Last year I got into Avatar: The Last Airbender. Yeah it was an animated show on Nickelodeon, but it was surprisingly good. A followup to it is currently being aired, The Legend of Korra, which is pretty good so far too.

And of course, can't forget the short-lived series, Veronica Mars, and more importantly, Firefly.

12. TheresTheDagger

Deadwood is fantastic.

The new Battlestar Galactica is great too....at least the first 3 seasons or so.

13. conquistador#11

I really got into Magic City on starz. It's like boardwalk empire, only with less violence and more sex. And who doesn't like that? It's set in the 1950s.

14. matpio

matpio Member

The Wire is by far the best TV show I've ever watched.

I would also recommend Six Feet Under, Dexter, and Oz. I would have also said Breaking Bad but you've already seen it.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Dramas
    1) Battlestar Galactica
    2) Spartacus
    3) Fringe
    4) Dexter
    5) Oz

Comedies
    1) Newsradio
    2) Curb Your Enthusiasm
    3) It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    4) Extras
    5) Parks & Recreation

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the first 4 seasons of dexter are amazing.

true blood

17. 713

713 Member

is "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" a funny show?? Haven't head of it.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Justified

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

followed of course by

The Legend of Korra

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Sons of Anarchy is great.