1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs vs. Thunder - 2012 Western Conference Finals

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, May 21, 2012.

?

Who wins the series?

Poll closed May 27, 2012.
  1. Spurs in 4

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. Spurs in 5

14 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Spurs in 6

45 vote(s)
    24.6%
  4. Spurs in 7

26 vote(s)
    14.2%
  5. OKC in 4

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  6. OKC in 5

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. OKC in 6

44 vote(s)
    24.0%
  8. OKC in 7

44 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. Mr. Boombastik

The length of OKC imo is going to be very difficult to stop. Overall, I hope the Spurs take the final win.

2. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

can someone recap this game for me, prferably the last 5 minutes. i went to the gym so i missed the second half.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I missed the first two games but that sums up my impression of the series. OKC played game 3 in desperation mode and didn't repeat the effort on defense in games 4 & 5.

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

close game, duncan should have taken the three or manu should have taken 1-2 more dribbles to the right for a better shot more in rythm.

who woulda thunk it the spurs win 20 then lose 3.

5. Mr. Boombastik

So much psychology in the game. Especially in this series. If you think about the winning streak they had, and then LOSING these, that hurts a lot. I just hope they can get back up in 6.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Well if the Spurs have any hopes of taking this series to game 7, they'll definitely need their defense to shine.

7. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

Nobody in that group besides Parker is quick enough to guard westbrook. He would blow right by leonard or jackson and chances are they would pick up fouls . Its like the OP said there is a reason teams dont do that all game. spurs got hit in the mouth and folded . Put a fork in them!

8. Zackery

Zackery Member

This is awesome. They have been doing this all of this year's playoffs.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jAzvJAEz58s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I let that 20 win streak get to my head. Okc in 7

10. Hball

Hball Member

Looks like it going to be a durant vs lebron finals..should be epic.

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Spurs will be done in 6. Their best chance to redeem themselves was Game 5, they shot more FTs and outrebounded the Thunder, still lost. OKC with a frenzied home crowd, will blow pass Spurs into 4 straight.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

#

Can't fault that. 31% voted for Spurs in 6.

What a great series.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am so disgusted by the Spurs flopping. They take flopping to the next level once they start to get desperate. Utter lack of self-respect.

If Manu wasnt one of the best floppers the NBA has ever seen, he would be one of my fav. players in the NBA. His flopping has constantly kept him on my **** list.

Also, I like everything about the Thunder except Fisher the Cheat Flopper.

#1293 Zboy, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  14. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Have to say that OKC made me believer today. Damn they're good.

15. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I don't know how anyone outside of the ****ty city of San Antonio can cheer for the Spurs.

The way Parker and Ginobilli flop around is absolutely disgusting and insulting to the sport of basketball. If they tried this in the 90's, players such as Oakley, Thorpe, Maxwell would have ripped em a new one. That one flop by Ginobilli on the baseline where he just fell down almost had me throw my remote at the TV.

The refs were absolutely horrible in falling for these flops. Don't know how much longer I can keep watching Stern's brand of basketball.

If OKC can keep this core together and healthy the rest of the NBA should be very scared for the next 7-8 years.

1 person likes this.
  16. VBG

VBG Member

Harden flops as much as the Spurs do.

If you couldn't appreciate how amazing Ginobili was last night...

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Don't bother questioning Teflon Pop. It's never his fault when the Spurs lose.

18. eman

eman Contributing Member

Spurs were uncharacteristically trying to force too much one-on-one and turning it over. Thunder have much more one-on-one talent-- Harden and Durant made difficult, well-defended shots. If Spurs somehow win Friday night, this will be one of the all-time best NBA playoff series.

19. R0ckets03

LOL...Ginobili is an absolute embarrassment on the basketball court. Sorry I don't appreciate grown men falling around like little girls. I hope he breaks something next time he flops.

20. R0ckets03

I wonder how Pop would do coaching another team besides the Spurs. I used to Phil was sorta overrated right after he left the Bulls. But he proved it with Lakers again and again.

Pop has been a one trick pony all his life.