1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgruntled Lowry feels it’s his time to move on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BossHogg713, May 25, 2012.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Right...
    Didn't work out for Rockets keeping Olajuwon.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

If Dragic wants to go elsewhere, the Rockets better learn how to make peace with Lowry quickly.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are over dramatizing things, well the season is over.... warranted

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Morey and McHale took Dragic to dinner after the season, you don't think Kyle already knows he is a goner.

He does, and he is....

DD

5. AB423

AB423 Member

Can't we just fire Mchale?

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

"We" can't to a damn thing except sit and watch it all play out. The Rockets are Alexander's toy, to do with as he desires. All we do, ultimately, is pay for it all. Irony abounds.

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Or NOT pay for it, by not going to the games.....that is the only way to be heard.

DD

8. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

it's funny how the rockets wanted to trade dragic at the beginning of the season. now they want to keep since they can see what he is really capable of.

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Their ability to predict players progression has been pretty crap lately.

DD

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's an argument that could be made about several other players, DD, but I don't think it can be made here. Did anyone seriously believe Dragic would be as good as he was after Lowry went down? If so, I missed it. IMO, Goran's level of play was a revelation. Mention Williams, Thabeet, Hill, even Morris (not really given a chance in games, but given a chance in practice), and it's a worthy discussion, but Dragic? He gave little hint previously that he could be this good given heavy minutes as a starting point. Yet today the team is in turmoil for just that reason.

11. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man... If only Dragic would have earned those heavy minutes in practice before injury gave them to him.... Would not have been such a revelation. ;)

Seriously, though, I wonder if any other players on the roster would/could step it up if the minutes were there? (I doubt it.)

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

what is your point..... If Morey and Mchale fails another season, they will be goner as well......

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Apart from the dinner, you realize Dragic is not the allstar PG you were looking for at least without a team
    You upgrade the team and you do not put emphasis on single players just because you personally view them as future stars.....
    Playoffs make stars... until we get there, Dragic is going to stay a Regular season wonder at best.......

14. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Why is everyone's response "fire McHale or trade Lowry"? Can't people work out problems and all be friends?

15. thesaint

thesaint Member

Goran is a better shooter and a passer. Lowry is a better defender and playmaker. The way Goran played since Lowry was out, he is fully capable of starting for any team. Mchale is here to stay for at least couple more seasons so I dont think that will change anytime soon. Would suck to see Lowry go but I think if he over demands and not let the gm n owners do whats best for the team then he must go. He is also a good trade asset now. Package Lowry plus other players for Howard would be nice.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

My bet is that neither goran nor Kyle would stay here if they had their top choice. Who wants to play for an also ran? Unfortunately for us we have no control over goran, and unfortunately for Kyle he might end up being our best option at pg when dragic leaves. Meaning he would have to remain underpaid AND the best player on a mediocre team. Usually stars in the nba get to pick one or the other, and Kyle has neither. So you can see why he's upset.

The deal with McHale is a separate issue, but Kyle wouldn't have talked about it unless he wanted to force his way out onto a contender first. Thats my guess for why he went public with his disgruntlement. Maybe he's hoping morey will finally relent and let him go to LA in a Pau deal. That would be a sweet spot for him to end up at, and I would hate to see him where the purple and yellow.

17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

It would be a bad day for you as a Rockets fan too. unless Morey has some master plan to go with that Gasol trade? The Rockets could be looking at some lean times for multiple years.

18. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Lowry is not hall of fame or even an all star.!

his not worth keeping if he wants to leave....

disgruntled employees especially when his potentially starting point who can't get along with coach is cancer

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

lol what?

You have heard of his rampage against the Spurs in the playoffs?

He is capable.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Like Lowry he is 26. Given that he is a late bloomer. Normally there are already superstars or stars turning 26.

He has shown flashes of brillance, or good play..... May I say remind you of Darren Collision again who had a good season in the absence of Paul, he is now a second tier Top 20 guard but not what you call elite.
    You have to show it at least two seasons in a row.....at the very least
    Given there are a lot of good PGs in the league I am not worried at all.
    I would still take Deron if he were available over both of them.
    Or else develop young talent if Dragic is demanding a lot more than 6 million.
    6.8 million a year is the limit for me.

Even if he turns Manu for us, he still needs a Tim Duncan, Parker and a whole team.