1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Anti-Spurs >22 Win Streak

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by darmor90, May 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. darmor90

darmor90 Member

As a Rockets fan, the only other team I want to beat that 22 game win streak is the Houston Rockets. Albeit their win streak is very impressive. BTW I hope this thread jinxes the Spurs.

1 person likes this.
  2. arubato

arubato Member

I don't think they can sweep OKC.

3. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Yeah, I doubt that as well.

I'll root for 7 close games. I could care less who wins, although I probably prefer watching the Spurs.

4. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

How many are they at now? I know they have something crazy like 28/30?

5. arubato

arubato Member

It currently stands at 18. So they need to sweep OKC then win game 1 of the Finals for them to beat our record.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm quite sure playoff games don't count towards official streak stats. And even unofficially, I doubt they care to compare a hypothetical 22-game streak that includes 12-0 in the playoffs to a regular season streak. There's just no comparison in terms of greatness.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

popovich is an amazing coach.

DD

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

If they do beat the 22 winning streak, will you take the blame?

9. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

So the Spurs winning streak is far superior to the Rockets because they are doing it in the playoffs? The only way I can see a winning streak not counting towards official streaks is if it starts one year before and goes into the next season.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will tip my hat to Pop and the incredible job the Spurs are doing but I don't want to see them break our streak and I am rooting for the Thunder in the next round.

I don't hate the Spurs like the Lakers, Mavs or Jazz but it's time to see a change in the WC. I am looking forward to the Thunder taking care of business against the Lakers and then taking out the venerable Spurs.

Plus an OKC Indianapolis Finals will be a David Stern nightmare.

11. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Would it be worse than a Spurs-Indy Finals though?

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

It couldn't be worse than a SAS/NJN finals in '03... or SAS/Cavs in '07.

OKC is pretty exciting to watch.

13. jEXCLUSIVE

jEXCLUSIVE Member

That Spurs team is DAMN good right now.

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

The elusive postseason 16-0 is worlds more impressive than even the Lakers' 33-0 streak.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You guys can hate the Spurs all you want. What they're doing right now is amazing. This is 72 win Bulls team good.

Let's remember a couple of other little tidbits...

Firstly, the 22 game win streak was awesome...but it's not a record. It's irrelevant if the playoff games count or not because it's not like they'd be taking the record from the Rockets.

Secondly, by any measure, winning that many consecutive games that includes playoff games is by far more impressive than a regular season streak.

Don't be blinded by your red glasses. The Spurs are on a run that any basketball fan should respect and enjoy watching.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep.

DD

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not really. If you are counting strictly.... 22 games was a Regular season record..... Regular season is over for the Spurs so their record should be divided into regular and postseason.....

10 game record reg. season and 8 postseason wins.... otherwise their record will always be tarnished

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

With that being said, the Spurs have something better going forward, a chance to win it all!!!!!!

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Uh....yes. Very much so.

Our streak was fun, but we didn't even get out of the first round that year which kind of rendered it meaningless in the grand scheme of things. No one outside of Houston is even aware of it.

20. Big Time Titan

Damn yall some hatin ass MFs.

I hope the Spurs win out the rest of the way and win it all. Shows how pathetic we are as a team and fanbase that we root for them to lose just to have the 22 game win streak.