1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are The Rockets Really Not Going To Change Their Awful Uni's This Offseason?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Games6&7in94, May 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Games6&7in94

Games6&7in94 Member

You don't have to even ask the players if they like our uni's. There's no way they do, NBA players want a uniform that looks like it belongs in the NBA.

2. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

That wouldn't be the case at all. People would be saying, "Man I wish we could at least look good while we are having all this success!'"

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I don't know why the Rockets don't realize their jerseys suck.

I RARELY see anyone out in the streets wearing a Rockets jersey. I have never bought one because it is so ugly.

Switch to old school unis - >>> PROFIT

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Put me part of the group who supports a uniform change.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

OK I've signed you up.

Anyone else?

6. JimmyJackson

JimmyJackson Member

sign me up as well please.

i hate the current ones, especially since they became converted by Adidas.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

OK you're on the list.

8. Good Times

Good Times Member

I like the uniforms. It's got that futuristic look to it, like sci-fi meets basketball.

If the Enterprise had a court, I could see captain Kirk sporting this.

9. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

Sign me up!

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

our uniforms are horrible... yao ming is retired so move past the asain look... i like our alternates... something more stylish and simplistic... with a thinner sleeve... more tank top and less shoulder pad...

11. Games6&7in94

Games6&7in94 Member

Page 4 really gets it!

12. RockStrosTex

RockStrosTex Member

I have never really looked at the font(only because i hate these uniforms) but it has too many little rockets in there.......i definitely hate these even more!

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

I bought my ex gf a MerGady jersey... it looks awful on her. Well mainly because the jersey is puke inducing... and I hate her. Add to that the Rockets have to play in an arena with a really depressing shade of red. It doesn't even look good in 2k12.

14. Houston288South

I agree, the uni's need to change

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Nonsense, you don't get the pure visual design brillilance in having a lower case "t" in the beloved old logo, that looks like a bad student design project from the protodisco era?

I mean a lower case t on a bright yellow tennis ball - how groovy is that!

16. Games6&7in94

Games6&7in94 Member

Poster Coto had some great modified jersey pics a while back. Same font/colors as the currents but much better uni's.

17. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

I don't think the Rockets will re-brand...not until there is a reason beyond just the fact they look dated.

Case in point philly. After the Iverson-era ended the Sixers were near bottom-feeders for years. They finally started drafting and assembling a solid young team with playoff potential. The front office recognized this and ditched the Iverson/DC era uniforms.

Other examples: See Indiana, Atlanta

We'll see what Morey does with these "assets". We do have lots of solid individual pieces + two 1st rounders. Maybe he'll pull off a few draft day trades to move up. This years draft is said to be solid and deeper than years prior.

Point is, the Rockets won't re-brand and give us new uniforms until this team turns a corner, become legitimate contenders, and a new era begins.

IMO, they need to blow this up and start over. :eek:

18. Games6&7in94

Games6&7in94 Member

Very valid points and probably the most likely scenario where they FINALLY rebrand.

I'd be ok with the rebranding to take place before they can acquire a more marketable roster, but that is typically when teams make those kinds of changes. Then again, plenty of other franchises make changes without a big acquisition or draft pick.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't care if they play in their underwear; I just want to win!

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Spoiler for possibly NSFW but funny as hell. But since you don't care what they wear, hear you go! :grin:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7iHhpKnN55w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>