1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Flop City Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Dec 23, 2011.

1. ashiin

ashiin Member

man, the clippers easily went from most exciting team to watch this season to the most annoying in 66 games. Why can't they just ball like normal.

2. Mr. Space City

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

They see something that works and they use it to their advantage. Wouldn't be the first time a team did it. Won't be the last. Unless the enforcement changes, then you can't blame players for giving themselves the advantage any way they can.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

5. VBG

VBG Member

Bumping because this is ridiculous. Clippers are my most hated team in the NBA which is amazing.

6. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Them and the refs both.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

They goin hard

8. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u0aXjHfvlPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PN6CylHbJE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://twitter.com/#!/AlexKennedyNBA/status/199701686200188928

"

9. AggieRocketsFan

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2Qel0efA3wQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Man those two last clips are an absolute disgrace. Why do the refs continually let them get away with it. Webber talks about tapes getting reviewed by league and coaches but hen nothing happens.

How come Griffin gets calls his way with love taps to the face but then Gasol gets elbowed to the head Muay Thai style and nothing happens? Its too much.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Nice to hear Chris calling him out.

Reminds me of JVG hating on floppers.

12. RJoc5onJr.

RJoc5onJr. Member

with this attitude, i hope you don't claim to be a basketball fan.

condoning flopping... are you serious?

13. onreego

onreego Member

I don't think hes condoning flopping just pointing out the flaw in the system that some teams are taking advantage of. Until that flaw is fixed they'll continue to do it.

14. Yao11

Yao11 Member

[​IMG]

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

One of the simplest things that could be done to put a ton of pressure on these idiot flop artists would be for ESPN to consistently do a "Top 5 Flops of the Night" segment showing the 5 best/worst flops of the night and then having viewers vote on the worst one. Then come back and spend another 5 minutes counting them down 5 to 1. Then at the end of the season they should have Van Gundy give away a trophy (something like a rubber chicken on a scarecrow stick) for the worst rated flop artist in the league.

As passionate as Van Gundy is against flopping, something like this would really illuminate the issue. These guys making millions of dollars a year, with greek Adonis bodies, massive 250-300 lb frames flopping around like a catfish drying on the creek bank is plum stupid. Not to mention Chris Paul acting like he's got a 220 volt hot-wired cattle prod shoved up his hind end.

I can't wait for the ESPN commercial where all the guys are in the motor home and every time they touch each other they fall in the floor and flop around like they're having a seizure. Git'er done guys.

#115 jopatmc, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
  16. onreego

onreego Member

This would be great. I think the league should issue a form of technical foul that after a certain amount of times earns the player a fine. When the league sends the notice of the fine they should also send a video compilation of all the flops that leads to said fine. Also, if possible, played to the theme music of Benny Hill.

17. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The fans and the media need to keep the pressure on the league to finally do something about it. Make them look stupid. Make them look bad. Force the system to change. I like jopatmac's idea. And the review and fine/suspend idea has been around for ages. These are simple solution to execute. There's no excuse. It's a matter of whether they want to fix it or not. Put enough pressure and publicity on it, they'll have to do something.

19. jopatmc

Another thing I would pull if I were Hollins and the game and series is decided and Memphis is going home for the summer, I'd call a timeout, call all the guys together, thank them for all the hard work and not being floppers, then I'd tell them to take the final couple minutes of the game to flop to their hearts content. What would be hillarious is if all 5 guys fell down and acted like they'd been shot by a 45 in the kneecap all at the same time and with every touch from the Clippers. That's how I'd end the series and the season if my team was on it's way out. Just put a huge exclamation point on it.

Then when questioned by the press, I'd state, "Well, we have a great group of guys and they're not floppers, I didn't allow them to flop all season, I called them out when they flopped because flopping should not be a part of the game. Since the season was over for us, I wanted them to remember what they had accomplished and have a memento over the summer that would make them smile instead of wondering what they could have accomplished if I had allowed them to flop all season."

People, coaches and players, in the league that don't like flopping can do something about it. There's all sorts of ways to magnify it and make it look stupid. There's all sorts of ways to make teams look and feel stupid fo those kinds of antics. There's all sorts of ways to magnify it so that the NBA offices have to address it. So far, nobody is doing anything about it besides Van Gundy and some of the ex-players ranting about it a little bit and very few players calling out their fellow players on it. They simply don't care enough about the issue to do anything about it.

It's really a shame too. They addressed the Kevin Martin creating the contact on the shot issue. Why wouldn't they deal with Chris Paul acting like he'd been shot with a cannon every time somebody touches him?

20. jopatmc

This little play right here, the ref should have told Paul, "If you do that again, I'm going to T you up for conduct detrimental to the game". Don't take no guff. Just call him on it and let him know if he pulls that kind of antic again, it's a free throw, and if he argues it, he's out.