1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

key to beating the rockets.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by orateam, Dec 19, 2002.

1. qpx

qpx Contributing Member

I think the best way to beat Rox is to have Clippers. :)

Need to frustrate yall.

However, I do believe Clippers is the answer for yao if you ask him who is the next he wants to face. This is only a team that Yao didn't win when playing NEXT.

2. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

However, I do believe Clippers is the answer for yao if you ask him who is the next he wants to face. This is only a team that Yao didn't win when playing NEXT.

So, we're gonna beat Mavs.;)

3. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

Yup,yup...that's actually better than fronting or getting Yao in foul trouble. Just get Stevie and Cat to think they're the sh*t and let them dribble, dribble, dribble, shoot, shoot. Just make sure you put a body on Yao on the offensive boards.

But if Stevie and Cat are following the game plan, I think the best way to beat the Rockets is to run the double team at Yao quickly. Guards have had success poking the ball away from Yao (both Yao and passers have to improve on this). Continue fronting him because the Rockets seem uncomfortable getting in the entry pass. Hope the Rocket shooters are cold from the perimeter. Keep the Rockets off the boaards.

When the Rockets are on D, good guard play seems to break down the Rockets the most as evident last week. Run your offense through your PF. Make Eddie or MoT move their feet.

The key to the Rockets is not in shutting down Yao, but making his teammates play.

4. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Stevie, Yao, Rice, Mobley and Eddie... These guys remind me of the story of the Five Chinese Brothers. (Don't any of you readers roll your eyes.... as kids, I know ALL of you readers out there have read this kiddie book! If not, I feel bad for you. You should take it up with mom or dad b/c you got shortchanged as a kid :D)

Anyways... the story goes something like this.

There are five brothers that looked the same. They each had something special that they can do. The first Chinese brother can suck up all the water in the sea. The second brother’s neck could not be cut off. The third Chinese brother cannot sink. His legs can stretch like he’s growing taller. The fourth one cannot get burned. The fifth one can hold his breath all night and day. The first Chinese brother got in trouble and the people in the town wanted to punish him. It wasn’t his fault. It was a boy’s fault because the boy was making faces and didn’t listen to the first Chinese brother. They tried to punish him by cutting his neck off, by drowning him, and burning him. None of the punishments worked because every time they tried a new punishment, a different brother came. They switched brothers every time they tried to kill him. The people in the town didn’t know they switched. The brothers can save themselves. What do you think happened at the end?

Moral of the story? When they're all working together, You can't beat the FIVE CHINESE BROTHAS!!!!
    Stevie knows this: "He's just like me, except 7 5 and Chinese."

heh heh heh

:p

theSAGE

5. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Conversely, Yao has had several calls against him when he just stood there, literally, and the guard threw themselves into him and bounced off his chest. Yao never moved much less swatted at the ball.

Yao has gotten some good calls but he's had several of these and it is annoying. But welcome to the NBA.

He does an excellent job staying out of foul trouble. It took Dream 8 years to stay on the court consistently.

6. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I thought there are 10 brothers, instead of 5:confused:

7. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Well, the story says Five, but in our case, I'll make an exception.

Welcome to the Rockets - Home of the FIFTEEN CHINESE BROTHERS, now with James Posey, our FIFTEENTH BROTHER!

:p :p :p

theSAGE

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The key is praying. Praying that the Rockets will forget there is a game and not show up.

9. sol705

sol705 Member

A big part of the reason why everyone assumed he would be in foul trouble early on was because they thought he would be a stiff a la Bradley or Muresan, in other words a person with poor footwork, who would wind up picking up a lot of fools because they would be caught out of position on defense. Yao has great footwork on offense as well as on defense, and with the exception of Brad Miller, Yao seems to be a step faster than most of the centers he's faced. His footowrk often gets him in good defensive position faster and therefore he picks up less fouls. He isnt getting any preferential treatment, he's just not getting picked on by the refs for being a rookie.

10. sol705

sol705 Member

Forgot to mention, the guy doesn't b**** or moan or roll his eyes when he does get hit with a foul. He never shows up the ref, he respects them and they know it, Sheed might learn something from that.