1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

looking forward to JAN.17 2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yao1134, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Yao1134

Yao1134 Member

YAO VS SHAQ! the heavy weight title match. for the belt!
    i cant wait till this game is played. from what i know YAO knows his nba history of centers. and he knows of course that shaq is the best in the business right now. YAO also has alot of confidence and plays well against "the good teams" i bet YAO shows shaq up. what do ya'll think?

rockets 110
    lakers 102

YAO 44 points 18 rebounds 4 blocks
    shaq 28 points 11 rebounds 1 block

2. RedHonda76

RedHonda76 Member

I believe Shaq will destroy Yao in this game. If you look at many teams that Yao first face, he will struggle but in the rematch game, he has learn the opponent's move and dominate.

3. cas

cas Member

your stat prediction is simply ridiculous.

4. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

BET ME!*

*BET ME! is a copyrighted phrase and cannot be used without the express written permisson of heypartner

5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Hopefully it won't be like the Mike Tyson/Michael Spinks title fight. Tons of hype, 91 seconds of fight.

6. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

At the start of the season I dreaded the lesson Shaq was going to deliver to Ming. Now, I think Shaq is feeling the dread. After he is thoroughly embarrassed, all of his supporters will point to Shaq's toe and say, "Poor Shaq. It wasn't a fair match because he is playing hurt."

Horsefeathers.

Shaq's time is quickly passing because he couldn't control his weight for whatever reasons, including the toe injury. But that's life. Injuries have stunted a lot of athletic careers in every sport. Yao is going to provide a lesson in basketball fundamentals and youthful exuberance.

7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I think it will be a good matchup, and I expect the stats to be close.

Everyone will be anticipating this by then....and so will the refs. They'll call it pretty tight. Yao will certainly get out-muscled, but Yao is also pretty quick....and for those who haven't noticed, pretty tall. He'll get his own.

I'd laugh my ass off if Rudy played a little bit of Yao AND Cato (at the same time) against the Lakers. Rudy likes to exploit matchup problemsl; I'm surprised he hasn't tried that yet.

8. AT

AT Member

I agree Pole. I've been wanting to see this pairing for a while now. Especially with Cato getting crazy on the boards like he was last night.

I think Rudy's being very careful about his foul situation. He knows it wouldn't take much to get those 2 into foul trouble quickly and thus is overly cautious in that regard.

9. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

Well, if the Lakers put on Walker and Shaq.....I would like to see Rudy come with Yao and Cato for a little while.

10. fasthand2000

fasthand2000 Contributing Member

No, it will be Lewis against Tyson, taller and more skillful person win.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

More like Tyson/Holyfield fight. Watch out for your ear Yao!

12. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Don't get over your head.

All I want to see is Team-Ball; ball movement, unselfishness, good decision making by the lead man Steve Francis. If we play well and lose I will be pleased nonetheless.

Yao will be able to score and probably have a descent game but Shaq will be ready and up to play against him. Yao should avoid early foul trouble because of Shaq and Kobe's aggressive play. Yao will take his lumps and probably get moved around easily by Shaq. My job now is that Yao is a very very intelligent person and with the way he is learning fast on a game to game basis,I believe he will have enough in his Arsenal to make Shaq work a little.

Shaq =====> 28/12/3

Yao ======> 18/11/4

James Possey will give Kobe lots of problem AGAIN.

13. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

I won't put too much hype on Ming's first game agaist Shaq. However, I expect he to match up Shaq well, if not beat/embarrass Shaq in the next 2 matches this season. Ming clearly plays better the second time around. He learn's opponent's strength/weakness really quickly.

14. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

...or the Tyson/Holyfield fight. Do you think Shaq will bite Yao's ear off:) :D

15. coolpet

coolpet Member

yao will be sent to the floor after one Bang, then shaq will dunk on him. then shaq will do his shake the bum walking. Yao will come back with a fade away jumper. then Yao will play with his red string.:D

16. BranJ17

BranJ17 Member

The Rockets already beat the Lakers this year.

17. Timing

Timing Member

Shaq didn't play. It's going to make just a little bit of a difference when Shaq shows up. ;)

18. SLA

SLA Member

This is another hilarious thing. Yao Ming scoring 44 points with 18 rebounds and 4 blocks!!! LOL.
    That will be an awesome game. Hopefully Shaq will be back in shape. And we have homecourt advantage. I don't think they will play against each other that much. Cato or Collier will guard Shaq while Yao just sits around. Shaq already said that Yao is the future of the Center. Shaq will dominate.

Is James Posey good at defense?

19. ILoveClutchCity

I would like to see Cato and Yao play together in this game, so Cato can take some of the responsibility of guarding Shaq otherwise I think Yao could get in foul trouble early and not even be a factor. Thoughts?

20. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

This is gonna be an ugly game for Yao. Its at staples center too. Yao's surprised us before, why not another one?