1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron artest....hooligan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by eddiewinslow, Apr 22, 2012.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Elbowing someone in the ****ing head shouldn't be tolerated...

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm going to say 7-10 games.

Maybe it's been mentioned...but anyone bothered by the fact that Durant saw what happened, let Ron run away, and then reacted?? And even then, he ran towards Harden.

I understand it's not wise to start something physical, but any kind of reaction towards Artest would have shown he had Harden's back. Durant didn't even want to look at Ron.

3. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

I don't understand JayGoogle's rationale :confused::confused:

Anyways, in regards to the original topic, there is no doubt that Artest's was intentional. Anyone who has played basketball knows that if you accidentally hit someone with that degree via elbow, knee etc, you'd realize quickly the action you just committed and you would follow up by looking out or apologizing for the hurt player.

Artest didn't do any of this and just walked and ran away, pretending like nothing happened.

4. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Where did JayGoogle tolerate it?

6. RedRedemption

He's certainly trying to downplay it. Trying too hard to "stay objective". Its clear what Artest did here. Just like its clear what Love did to Scola.

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

GONE. BANNED FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON.

that was one of the worst elbows in the history in the nba. bar none.

****ING MOTHO****A THUG IS JUST A SCREWED UP IN THE MEMBRANE NUT CASE. dayum r****ded fake street thug exhibits his real inner douche

ah, too bad I used to love the guy. No more, Ronald Artest!!

****IN' DUMBCUNT

8. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

This is what I call, a career-ending move by Artest :)

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

even worse, the Laker's board video is titled :"James Harden gets in the way of Artest's celebrations"

****ing assholes

makes me hate the fakers even more, as if thats possible

im gonna learn hacking and hack the **** out of that **** lakers message board

anyone wanna see the link is below

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=144613

lakers suck hairy balls

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He's mentioned several times how it was unacceptable. I think people around here are too eager to pull out their pitchforks instead of having a calm discussion, resorting to finger pointing and insults.

11. CertifiedTroll

I think he should be suspended for the rest of the season and playoffs.. Good riddance crap like that doesn't belong on the court.

12. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

if JJ Barea hadn't jumped towards the goal to attempt a layup, he wouldn't have been hit by Bynam's forearm. what the hell was JJ Barea thinking?

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

My rational is I don't think Artest threw that elbow to hurt Harden, I think he threw it to move him out of the way. More of a "Get the F___ outta my way!" and it just landed on Harden's head.

Don't look at it in slow motion, just look at it at full speed. Also think about how every one else saw it in live action. Van Gundy at the time was talking about how Artest was celebrating only AFTER slow motion does everyone start to form an opinion.

It's the purpose of the elbow that is the difference. I think he's trying to move Harden out of the way and some seem to think that he's trying to knock the dude out. I don't think that.

14. RedRedemption

Calm discussion?
    What is there to discuss?
    Artest should be punished. HEAVILY.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

He was just celebrating and wasn't thinking. Man is a headcase. He will be out for the 1st round of the playoffs. So more than likely the season since the Lakers are garbage.

16. Asian Sensation

Seriously man? You don't throw elbows without the intention of hurting somebody. You don't throw elbows fully wound back for extra force without seriously trying to hurt somebody and you don't throw elbows like that anywhere near the head without trying to KO somebody. That was a ****ed up play any way you look at it and Artest should be banned until next year.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Oh, was Artest threatening to go after Harden once more?

If not, then "having his back" is just fake posturing.

18. RedRedemption

He cocked his arm back. Good god this is the same dumb crap being said when Love stepped on Scola's face. ARTEST WANTS YOU TO THINK THAT IT WASN'T WHAT IT WAS. No offense to you, but the evidence is there.

19. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Can't believe people are defending ron

20. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

it doesn't matter what his intentions are because he's Ron Artest. you don't move someone out with your elbow by winding your arm back as far as it can go. if he was just thumping his chest like he was explaining to the ref, his elbow shouldn't even have been higher than Harden's shoulder. i'll actually agree he didn't want to knock him out, but it was clearly an intentional forceful elbow that caused a freakin concussion.