1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 4/18/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Man, it sucks.I am speechless..

2. eaglepoke56

eaglepoke56 Member

Been a great sports year, personally . Let me briefly summarize:

NFL - Eagles - miss playoffs by one game- highlight- losing as a 14 pt. favorite at home to mighty John Skelton and the Cards

NHL - Sabres - left for dead - win something like 19 of 25 to move into the #8 spot with four to play. Lose three of final four. Sitting at home

MLB- Yankees- 12 games is all I need to see . They suck . Only consolation is Red Sox may be worse

NBA - Rockets- need I say more???

Unreal.

3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

You want a really bad sports year? I'm a Rockets, Longhorns, Astros, and Dallas Cowboys fan.

The last "good" sports season I had was when the Longhorns football team made the National Championship... only to have their Heisman candidate QB get knocked out of the game in the 1st quarter.

I'm desperate for something that I can actually kind of brag about.

4. eaglepoke56

eaglepoke56 Member

You know I should stop complaining. The alma mater {Okie State} had a pretty good season:grin:

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

My whole upbringing with the Rockets has been just losing season after losing season.

6. nbafever

nbafever Member

I didn't understand our defense in the 4th quarter. Scola was on Dirk? CLee couldn't stop Terry. I almost wished we had put Boykins on him. Just the Mavs kept walking into the lane, while we couldn't get close anywhere to the rim.

I thought we had improved on defense. When the pressure mounts, players lose discipline and revert to who they really are.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Boykins was our lucky charm..that leprachaun

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

we went through all that foreplay and now you're telling me no sex?????? WTF??@

9. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

At least I got to see us win back to back championships!

10. RyanB

RyanB Member

OkLes Alexander does not want to tank. I guess we 'll suck for another decade . It'obvious that this team is goin nowhere but gettin the 14th pick or at best the 8th spot in the playoffs
    sick and tired of all this stuff

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't even care anymore. Rockets could not beat the Mavs in 20 games. I still stand by that. I'd rather Rockets beat the Mavs just once than make the playoffs. That's how sick I am of losing to the freaking Mavs. I want to strangle the Rockets but they seem to be pretty good at strangling themselves. They did a pretty good Cowboys impersonation this year. Tank it at the end just like the Cowboys. When the pressure and competition rises...they crumble and fold. At least my teams are consistent in that regard. :mad:

12. Bball_Gill

Bball_Gill Member

Team high: Dragic +9

Team low: Lowry -17

13. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I still have faith.

14. dartherus

dartherus Member

I don't know if it's a very bad coincidence, but Rockets played waaay better before Lowry being back.

Perhaps the chemisty or the team flow was damaged? or it is just my personal perception?

Not blaming Lowry at all, BTW, perhaps it was a team issue, or something even the players were not aware of.

15. Rockets Ball

Rockets Ball Member

I really hate the Mavs, just do.

[​IMG]

16. bigphilystyle

bigphilystyle New Member

This was sick to watch near the end but I still believe man.

17. Bball_Gill

Bball_Gill Member

I used to think coincidence....... not any more. A rift between what was your starting point guard and the head coach.... seldom productive.

18. eman

eman Contributing Member

The whistles we've suffered during this losing streak make me wonder.

19. cod

cod Member

Lowry has been averaging Rafer Alston numbers in these losses, ie shooting under 40%.

On one hand they need Lowry to get game fit for the playoffs. On the other it's hurting them in their attempt to actually make the playofffs.

20. justinh

justinh Member

i havent read this whole thread, but to think that a lot of yall were rooting for the mavs over the heat in the finals last year still makes me sick.