1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have the least likely chance to make Playoffs this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidio840, Apr 17, 2012.

1. solid

solid Member

What would happen if they lost all the remaining games? How far can we drop?

2. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

#12 if we lose out. I say we do it.

3. davidio840

davidio840 Member

Lowest we can likely get is 13th pick lol. Talk about tanking/playing your worst basketball at the wrong time!

4. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

banh roi em oiiiiiiiiii

5. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I say we go into full tank mode ;)

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

And now you understand why that is the stupidest most useless forecasting tool ever made up by a sports reporter/analyst. Hollinger should bury it.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

you know ...I did ...and then i realized that we are not gonna get past the first round and i'd rather have a lotto pick.

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The definition of choking.

9. DieHard Rocket

I wouldn't call it useless. IF we would have beaten Utah it would have been 96%, but we didn't. I think we were at like 60% before that game or somewhere near that. But since we lost we were never actually at 96% so I would say the forecast has been pretty accurate.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

It's useless. We were at 90% a week ago. It means absolutely nothing.

11. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

Round 1 would just embarass the Rockets

Rockets are done - stick a fork in 'em. Sad part is they'll probably win 2-3 games and miss the playoffs by a single game.

Missing the playoffs is the best thing that could happen to us, as compared to getting swept by either the Spurs or Thunder in a Round 1 series. We've already been embarassed enough for this year.

12. DieHard Rocket

Unless it said 100% it isn't useless. Doesn't take a statistical expert to see that losing 4 in a row to direct competition is going to ruin our chances.

Forecasts don't mean anything for certain, that's why they are forecasts. It's using previous data to predict what is going to happen. It's hard to forecast train wrecks, though.

13. dreammvp

dreammvp Member

I am as frustrated as I have ever been as a rockets fan after last night...I felt like I punched in the gut after that loss...but the believer in me just doesn't let me give up..I know I'm in the minority but I still hope we can and think we could sneak in...Portland could beat Utah at home...look at their last 5 games after aldredge went out..they have been pretty competitive and won a few games...Utah is not a good road team...if we beat swimwear actually have a shot...Dallas would be in huge trouble..they close at chi and atl. but I'm not counting on Dallas missing the playoffs...if we beat Dallas I think we could win out cause Miami will rest players for sure...Orl is not as good without Howard but its not a gven that they can't beat Utah....I will keep believing until we are officially and mathematically eliminated

14. Bball_Gill

Bball_Gill Member

It is beginning to look like one. Hard to keep a positive tone.

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

It is useless. We weren't a 10% risk to miss the playoffs a week ago. We were 50/50. It's not a legit forecasting tool.

16. DieHard Rocket

I guess we can agree to disagree. But Hollinger has a pretty good rep and if Morey tweets out his forecasts I think that gives them a little credibility.

Sports are too variable to get forecasting it down to a science (ie the confidence interval is probably relatively low), but when something completely unexpected happens, like blowing four straight games in a playoff run, it's going to screw up any forecast.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It means nothing after the fact. All probability predictions are like this.

Before you flip the coin, the probability of getting tail is 50%. After you flipped it, it's whatever it happened. Doesn't mean the 50% prediction was useless before the flip.

Same thing with the lottery. If we end up at #14, the chances of getting the #1 pick are extremely small. But if we do get lucky and win it, you can say that the small percentage before the draw means nothing.

18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

The two Denver losses, essentially pushed the Nuggets closer than they were towards the playoffs and really only need two wins to clinch a playoff spot with 36 wins and three wins to clinch the 7th seed, since all of the other teams essentially need to go undefeated to win 37 games. If Houston, Utah, or Phoenix lose anymore games that magic number falls to one and two games, respectively.

19. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

its 4 more wins or we get another 14th pick.

****ing frustration boiling all over

and next year we are just gonna see an extended dragic and lee declining in production again and some random new rookie lighting it up while the pg saga turns into a drama series with the eventual calderon-ford battle who morey decides to ship lowry out and get another sleeper stud who will breakout again and then we can book all future 14th picks

and parsons is playing out of his mind...he wont improve much ala shane battier. free agency morey's lowball offers are just gonna be owned by the big spending gms and owners

at least charlotte fans can look forward to maggette's contract coming off the books... but we all value our players so much that we are so hesitant to trade them away meaning a huge rotation with extraordinary depth but average talent level is unusually low.

this season was lyk that gf that constantly teased you about sex only reveal to u shes on her period when she finally sleeps in the same bed as u. the next month is the same and the next month...

20. across110thstreet

no one else wants to point out that 32-29(Houston) is going to always be better than 32-30(Utah)?