1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to ask the hard question: Will Goran Dragic be a Rocket next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OremLK, Apr 10, 2012.

?

Will Goran Dragic be a Rocket next season?

1. Yes!

190 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. No.

117 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Those are not starter minutes, that's platoon/bench player minutes. Utah and portland can offer 34 mins or more.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

They can offer him the starting job. All they have to do is trade Lowry. Which they should probably do in the offseason anyway.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This. It's not a difficult scenario, at all. Shop Lowry like crazy on draft week, and make the deal on draft night. Whether it involves trading him for a pick or a veteran - doesn't matter. Make the deal prior to free agency, and Dragic knows it's his team. He stays.

In the end, it comes down to Morey's evaluation of Goran. If his evaluation is what I think it is, though, it's that the star player we've been seeking for nearly three years is playing for us now. He seems to like Houston, and we can offer more years and money. I'd be quite surprised if he gets away.

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

If we ship out Martin and Lowry, what can we get in return? I'm thinking Martin can net us a backup point guard, and Lowry can net us a first rounder? Maybe Sacramento gives up their pick to get that veteran point guard they always wanted?

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets would more likely be able to trade with a team that will have 2 2012 1st round lottery picks such as the Hornets or even the Nets or Blazers depending on how the lottery shakes out.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm sure a package with Lowry+ could net us a lottery pick. Probably from Portland. Also, Portland has been rumored to wanting to trade out of the lottery all together. Why not go for both? We have the players to make it happen.

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yeah I voted no. He will get a big offer and we wont want to pay it since we already have a darn good guard in lowry. Perhaps we get rid of martin somehow and go like clips did earlier this year with 2 point guard offense.

With lee, martin,lowry and dragic that is too much talent between 2 positions. In a perfect world we keep all 4 but I don't see us keeping all 4 and will look to distribute that wealth amongst other weaker positions.

It comes down to minutes played and minutes available. When you have good players like dragic lowry lee and martin around there simply isn't enough minutes to validate their usefulness. It's more like we are not being the most efficient if we have dragic lowry lee and martin sitting on the bench all the time due to too many resources. kinda like the same reason we don't have more than one penis.

8. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

I like your optimisum and I hope we keep him at all costs, as Ive said so many times already.. but I disagree with your first point, all upcoming FA's are complimentary of the fans/teammates/coaching staff/front office/owner and then come summer time he bolts

so his high praises for the city and every level of the organization means nothing until he signs a long term term deal in July

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Are you saying you wouldn't want an extra penis if you could have one? And where would this extra penis be located? And for the record do the Rockets have one extra penis or 2 or 3?

10. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

I like the sound of that because thats essentially killing 2 birds with one stone

Portalnd is looking to snag our pg, why not give them one we'd prefer to lose (Lowry) all the while keeping our man (Dragon) and at the same time get into the lottery, what a great coup that would be

more like 3 birds

11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I'd say we have about 1 penis too many. Some one will go. unfortunately it will likely be dragic but the extra appendage will be cut and will either be dragic,lowry,lee or martin.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Who said we prefer to lose Lowry? Lowry has proven that he's the man and getting rid of him to replace him with Dragic could be a huge mistake.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Likely, we need lose Lowry to keep Dragic. Both guys want to be starters on the team based on their performance, it is hard to keep two starters on the same team. I am thinking Morey is going to figure out how to trade Lowry, Martin with others to keep Dragic if there is a good deal on the market.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Based on how Morey views value he might just sign and soon after trade Dragic like Orlando did Gortat and keep the bargain of a contract in Lowry. I guess we'll have to see.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Pretty certain Dragic isn't going to re-sign here if Lowry is on the roster. Read between the lines of his recent quotes. Aside from money, it comes down to truly running a team - something that's never going to be completely possible in Houston with Lowry on the roster. (Yes, I know we might could get him 28-30 minutes per game by playing him at the two some and in tandem with Kyle, but I don't think that's what he wants.)

It's going to come down to Kyle at $6 mil/year vs. Dragic and his expected deal ($8-10 mil/year, I'm guessing). I'd prefer the latter, and I think we'll get our answer from Morey by draft night. If Lowry is still on the roster after then, I think the plan will be for Dragic to move on. I'm hoping that doesn't happen, of course.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dragic is a better player than Lowry, you keep the better ones if you can.

DD

17. alethios

alethios Member

It's going to be real interesting come playoff time, to see who McHale will start as PG.

18. Truth

Truth Member

I dont think there is any debate who starts. We've clearly been playing a hell of a lot better Dragic starting. Leave things alone until you see a an obvious reason to make changes.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree, they would also have to trade Lowry.

DD

20. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

If it's a choice of have an extra penis with an old set of balls then I'd opt to trade the extra penis for bigger/younger set of balls. Trade the one you can trade for value and upgrade at another position or get younger.