1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Date Mistake?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cokebabies, Apr 11, 2012.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8UVNT4wvIGY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I was in the same situation with my current wife when we were dating. Young college age woman living at home with parents about 1 hour drive away from where I live and play. I drove her home. She was eternally grateful, and hey what do you know, she even married me.

So that's what would have happened if I didn't give her a ride home.

Man up next time. Part of being a man is sacrifice. You also showed that you don't want to protect her from weirdos. I would never never never let a woman take public transportation in the middle of the night. Even if it put me out a few bucks.

Sorry dude, maybe next time.

1 person likes this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Amen, OP messed up.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Chivalry may not be dead, but it was seriously wounded.

If it were my daughter, there would be no way in hell I would let her go on a second date with you. If you were my son, I would have shook my head.

1 person likes this.
  5. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Eh, it's a pick-em. You maybe could have played it better, but ciest la vie.

The main thing to remember is this: women are like streetcars. If you miss one, there will be another one coming down the track in 10 minutes or so!

:grin:

6. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Should have called her a cab.

[​IMG]

7. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

Well put, I concur.

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

You probably have insecurity issues if you're worried about appearing like a doormat just because you drove her home on the first date.

You can be a man about it and ensure her safety getting home and STILL be a man about it in the relationship by not being a punk ***** when it comes to other stuff.

You are a loser...

9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

10. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Women always think their entitled to something just for looking good and showing up.

Get your ass on the train.

11. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Ok this makes some sense.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This was your mistake. You took the blame when there was none. When you get into any kind of relationship, you set expectations. By saying 'sorry' you made it clear that you should have driven her home and screwed up.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

About 4 years ago my best friend set me up with this girl. The first date went alright, we went to an improv show. She was good looking, a little short for my taste but still had some nice assets.

Anyways on the second date I went to her house and she had me watch home movies of when she was a little kid. Then later that night she called me and said she thought we should talk to each other every night on the phone. THIS WAS THE SECOND DATE.

Needless to say I assumed she was a serial killer and tried to never talk to her again.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What time was this again?
    Honestly . . . .should have done something closer to her house.
    Then you 5 minutes from her home and only a 45 minute drive home
    That said. .. . you should have at least OFFERED to take her home

MAN UP! That is kind of like opening the door for her . .. not technically necessary
    but . . it does show gentlemanly behavior. . . .
    this is the 2012 version of putting your coat over a puddle for her
    [cause we know that ain't happening]

Rocket River

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im not sure what is to discuss. She lived 45 mins away and you sent her packing on public transportation?

Just FYI: If you like a girl, whether its the first date or not, you should go out of your way to make her comfortable, even if its an 1 1/2 out of your time. If she is a girl with any self worth, she shouldn't be taking your calls.

16. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Maybe she just doesn't like you. I don't mean that to sound harsh, but there could be another reason for her behavior besides this incident.

I don't think that you should have been expected to drive her home. Sure, it would have been a nice gesture and made a more favorable impression, not it was definitely not your duty to do so.

17. kikimama

kikimama Member

Since you obviously like her, you should have drove her home. You guys could have bonded more during the long ride.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL, you have a nice first date with a cool chick that you would like to pursue something further with, you even get a kiss and a 2nd date......then you send her home on the train.

Yeah, you blew it big time. Fake internet bravado aside, a gentleman would have driven her home. What were you thinking??

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

37 responses and not a single "ride, ride" reference yet.

Shame.

20. cod

cod Member

That's not the same at all.

I would even offer an acquaintance a lift home if he/she had to take the train at midnight. OP blew it big time.