1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Rockets Can't Beat LA in Playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kruze10, Apr 5, 2012.

1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

We are only 1.5 games behind 5th.

5-10 are so close to the point where 4 of those teams can easily get any of those seeds (and we are right in the middle of that pack).

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

this is an ESPNLosAngeles blog. it is written by the local radio goons on 710 ESPNLA

still, what a bold, bold, analysis.

3. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

This is all I have to say:
    [​IMG]

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

After 2 tries:
    [​IMG]

5. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

I did it in one try, that why I was so excited.

6. borch

borch Member

They should remember (it was only 2 years ago), that Gogi goes in a beast mode in playoffs. He is just warming up.
    Steal believe Suns would have won if Gentry would have played him at the end of game 6 in WCF 2010.

7. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

well its understandable since we would be playing 5 on 8, with Joey Crawford mvp of the series.

8. Big Time Titan

FTW! Once the playoffs start it's wide open and everybody has a shot to go all the way. Bring anybody on, we ain't going out without a fight, we ain't no pushovers.

9. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

5 is just fine. Results against the Lakers notwithstanding, the Rockets are not a team that should be favored to last more than 5 against a top 3 seed in their current state. Doesn't mean I don't believe in them, just that it's the facts of how we've played in March & April.

10. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Maybe. I've always been partial to the way BMoney slapped the beef down with this 2005 post:

"Screw the Spurs. Screw 'em all. Let's stop worrying about who the Rockets face. Let them worry about us. We're coming. Let's kick ass."

Same idea, though...

11. lalala902102001

This Rockets team can not beat any of the top four teams in the West (IMO OKC, SA, MEM, and LAL) in a 7 game series. Still, making the playoffs is a big deal.

12. HoustonN06

HoustonN06 Member

I'll take are chances with the Lakers.

13. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

This game tonight should silence all critics, we played 5 on 8 all game long!!! If this is the playoffs, we beat them fair and square

14. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Suck it ESPN.

1 person likes this.
  15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    All the people who legitimately think we have any chance against OKC amuse me greatly.

16. dartherus

dartherus Member

That would be accurate for the Scola we had earlier in the season, still not fulled recovered from his knee surgery. A healthy Scola is a different beast.

Scola raped Gasoft badly tonight in O, and could defend him pretty well. And it's not the first time.

And it's not an isolated event. Even in Yao times, the famous playoff series, after Yao got injured, Scola raped Gasoft back then, in the final game he was double teamed and Lakers won. But Scola was never an easy task for Gasol to guard.