1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scola is a real general out on the court.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1510 Polk St, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Don't get me wrong I like Patterson.
    Just like your screen name, you are dreaming. If you swapped Scolas and Pattersons minutes around today I don't think we win the game. Patterson needs to get a lot better on his post game.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Come on down, Kevin Martin! You're the next contestant on the Amnesty is Right. Scola is on a roll.

3. conquistador#11

well yeah, that's why we were ranked no. 3 in overall defense with a lineup of yao and scola. Having a legit center that clogs up the middle and can clean up the glass makes everybody's life easier.

4. carib

carib Member

PPat does not have much of post up game. PPat does well when he is shooting jumpers, when he is asked to post up he struggles. Right now you cannot compare PPat's post up game to Scola's cause Scola is way too crafty. McHale needs to work with PPat with his post up moves cause the Rockets badly need another player that can score in the block.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

He probably won't admit it but I think Scola was affected with the trade rumors. If you remember he played awesome the first part of the season then started playing like trash once the trade rumor season began. Now that the trade deadline has passed he's started playing amazing again.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

REEKO is on suicide watch

7. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

Love the example he sets for the rest of the team and can only imagine what his pregame speeches must sounds like

8. cod

cod Member

Scola's good form started a couple of weeks before the trade deadline.

9. arubato

arubato Member

I'm pretty sure Dreamshook was being sarcastic in his first post.

10. MorningDew

MorningDew Member

During the clutch time, scola's post presence is priceless for rox win tonite. He torn Murphy first with easy turn-around hook and freethrows, which forced laker put Ron Artest on him after a timeout. But u know what, the Argentinian tango continued in the very next possession! Luis used his crafty footwork to cheese the whole laker defensive bigs, and laid in an easy 2 to nail the lead for the rox. One thing though, he takes advantage in the ejection of bye-num, whose size posted problem for rox's inside game. Anyway, from the recent plays, luis scola >>>>>>>>>>Galsoft in heart, efficiency and watchability! Statement win for Rox tonite, keep girding, our season journey can be deep and exciting!

11. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Agreed, that hook he iced from the middle of the paint with Artest draped all over him was a thing of beauty.

12. dartherus

dartherus Member

+/- stats for the game
    Scola +23
    2Pat -16

Enough said.

13. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

14. sergio

sergio Member

Dude. When I read this it sounded like the dude from Marvel Comics was reading it for me.

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

El. Hombrey

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

REEKO avoiding this thread?

17. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

What's the deal with REEKO? Been hating on Luis?

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

VIVA SCOLA!!

19. houseofglass21

Scola is an absolute beast. It will be a sad day f he is ever not a Rocket anymore. PPat needs some serious work. His jump shots and hook shota are RARELY falling and I felt like I was screaming at the TV every time he was in the game. Screaming for Scola to be put back in. Sorry PPat fans, but Scola is the superior player for sure.

20. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

He complains about Scola throughout every game thread. Even when Scola is playing well and people are complimenting him, he’ll find some way to troll and take credit away from him. He bumps the “Amnesty Scola” thread after every game that’s not of Scola’s best and finds ways to dump on him on in every thread that’s praising him.

It’s seriously gotten to ridiculous levels of trolling, and I’m glad he’s quiet this time instead of coming in and trying to find ways to put down Scola’s great performance.