1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(NBA.com Video) Tracy McGrady's Career Top 10 Plays

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pkothari1013, Apr 4, 2012.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you might be right :) "They" like to make a special exception for this guy, the NBA has had many stories of players who were talented. He's not an exception.

well, I just want to correct people and give them the truth.

Misconception:
    1. We would win a championship if Tracy was healthy

Truth:
    His best years of health with the Rockets we could not beat Dallas and we could not beat Utah with home court. this was the first round of the playoffs.

Almost winning a championship = losing game 7 of the NBA finals, not losing game 1 of the first round

2. Misconception:
    Rockets fans want him back

Truth:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wQ8_sQZOKjU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z7qT-39KaGY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#41 tinman, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  2. tinman

Supporting Member

Nobody would post a Pippen thread and say crap like we almost won a championship and worship him like he's Jordan.

Also, nobody would make a Pippen dedication thread when he's currently playing with another team!

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Hard to really tell since it's far enough in the past that it's hard to gauge what kind of reaction that whole fiasco would have faced on here.

You do understand, you keep this topic alive more than anybody. You want people to stop doing it but you keep the train running too.

Just let it go, there's so many other better ways to discuss the Rockets.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

There wasn't a flood of Pippen only fans coming here. Pippen fans were basically Bulls fans and probably didn't want to root for the Rockets .

It's debatable that this should even be in the GARM since half of those highlights in the video were not about the Rockets, plus this player is currently playing with the Hawks.

I didn't start this thread and I didn't put in the GARM.

Is it me or the Rockets have a team with people with heart and are fighting for a playoff spot right now?

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

All right man, feel free to continue wasting your time arguing with people who will never change thier mind man.

Just trying to help you from continuing to fall for the same bait over and over again....

6. Juck_The_Fazz

Juck_The_Fazz Member

t-mac <3<3<3 Juck T-Mac Haters:mad::mad::mad::mad:

7. tinman

Supporting Member

These people shouldn't be posting or bringing up dead threads from 2008 in the GARM to prove something about LeBron James.

8. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

I'm willing to bet Tinman has the most posts in this thread without reading it all. :grin:

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

tinman, not trying to argue with you. But not all Rockets fans who like TMac are TOFs, just like not all Rockets fans who like Yao are YOFs.

Pippen and McGrady aren't really the same. Pippen were here for a shortened season. He whined his way out and screwed us over the first year he was here. McGrady at least gave us a few productive seasons before it went sour.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

I agree with you.

But there is a segment of fans here who are delusional mcgrady fans as opposed to logical rockets fans.

The Rockets with Barkley, Dream, and Pippen lost in the first round.

Nobody is CONSTANTLY reminiscing that we "Could have won some championships" despite that Pippen's resume having 6 championships.

The Rockets with Barkley, Drexler, and Dream lost to the Utah Jazz in the WCF game 6. Some of us think what could have been, but not to the degree that these illogical fans do.

These guys need to get this to the part of the brain that has logic.

McGrady NEVER was close to a championship. He lost in the first round every year.

If you apply that logic, every team that lost in the first round should have a championship.

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

12 posts by tinman already. I think he might be on pace to break a record.

12. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I'm guessing it's in the GARM because the majority of the plays were in a Rockets uni, especially the top 2 plays.

It's gotten to a point where I don't even like posting about Tracy because you get labeled right away, not that I give a **** but no reason to bring up interwebz hostility over someone who doesen't even play for the team anymore.

Anyways, here goes nothing.

Say what you say, we all had ups & downs with both Yao & Tracy, maybe a little more with Tracy... But that's the same with everything in life, you weigh out the pros/cons & from there you make your decision whether or not you're satisfied with the outcome. Some people believe there were more cons & some people believe there were more pros. I just can't hate or dislike someone that gave us so many amazing memories.

A large part of the game is about winning a championship, but some of the NBA's most iconic moments arguably took place in the regular season.

Pippen was a trash piece of ****, totally different league. He never tried during his whole tenure as a Rocket.

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

TRACY MCGRADY -- I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

in before tinmaccccc..wait.

15. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Most talented player ever. Unfortunately he lacked heart.

16. kikimama

kikimama Member

I remember why I stopped reading threads in the garm. Tinman thinks he's a prophet or something. Let people enjoy who they like and stop ****ting all over them.

17. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I'm sure you meant, "shame he didn't take care of his body better". Definitely think he had more talent than he knew what to do with, Jeff Van Gundy once said that Tracy had so much talent and was so physically gifted that actually hampered his development. Oh well..

18. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Those plays are some of the arguments as to why that's my absolute favorite player.

19. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Come on tinman not to start a flame war but can't we have a tmac thread without you stinking it up no matter if it's in the garm, dish, or hangout?

[​IMG]

#59 got em COACH, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

Third best post on this thread