1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blake Griffin dunks on Pau Gasol... twice!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tehG l i d e, Apr 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. jlwee

jlwee Member

Kudos to Pau for challenging the dunk. Most players would even have the guts to challenge it.

2. prs325

prs325 Member

This is good new for the Rockets!!! Pau's value will plummet and the Morey can finally afford him smh...

3. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

Thats not even right. griffin thinks he can run whatever he wants..

4. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Griffin plays like a douche but (despite the obvious fouls)his dunks are awesome and F*** Pau Gasol.

Shaq would ram his shoulder into anyone getting in his way or hold defenders down with his free arm. They never called those fouls until he was way past his prime. Stop whining and just enjoy Pau getting dunked on.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Stars get patented moves the league ignores. Manu "euro step" travels, D-Wade palms the ball and Kobe get's fouled by ghosts. Blake uses defenders to elevate to the rim.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The Blake story is tired. I imagine the masses still get excited about it. I'd rather watch solid basketball called properly. Watching Blake try to score without a solid setup is excruciatingly painful. The dude would be a sure fire HOFer if he just developed a post up game. As someone else noted, he seems to have shown little to no year over year performance. As Clips/Roxfan noted, the Clippers are probably better with Any of the other top 5 ish PFs in the league.

Gasol is old and tired. I dont hate him as a player but don't feel sorry for him per se. In this instance, clearly an offensive foul - does t matter what the refs called... A travel is still a travel even if refs miss it. A foul still a foul. Worth complaining to the league office but that won't do much.

I'm not sure why Blake decided to try a wrestling headlock later in the game either??

Whatever... Historically and persistently annoying LA team versus newly annoying LA team. If i don't like it I can always change the channel

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

This^^^^....
    plus maybe its just I'm gettin old, but why does most every superstar haveta be an arrogant douche? The league just gets less n less class every year as they prop up their poster boys... makes me appreciate the blue collar hardwork and hustle of the Rox even more....

8. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

how's that not an offensive foul ? does he need to break someone's jaw before the refs do something about it ? and btw the more i watch him play, the more i dislike Griffin, take away the highlights and the kid does NOT know how to play, no jumpshot, no D, + he seems to have a very low BBIQ

9. REEKO_HTOWN

I looked on the box score and game log and it begs to differ.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

First dunk was an offensive foul because he extended his off arm. I can see how the refs would miss it, but i think they should have T'ed him up for pushing Pau done. That was pretty obvious. Not that impressed, considering he held himself up.

Second dunk could have been over the back , but it's often ignored when a player is dunked on. This one looked very impressive though.

Gasol is going to be sore tomorrow either way.

Jordan has to stop over celebrating plays that aren't even his. He's going to start a fight, pushing Griffin like that, and Blake's probably going to pay for it.

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

The long awaited Bynums face after dunk gif.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

As much as I hate Bynum he seems like a funny guy.

13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

A lot of guys in the league can make that first dunk if they are allowed to basically punch the defender in the face to take away the challenge. It's not nearly as impressive when you realize that he got away with a big missed called that allowed him to get the dunk.

14. Spankie

Spankie Member

lol deandre in the first one pushed grififn as if he was backing up gasol

15. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I was wondering about you. How do you feel about the current Clippers?

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The ref on the sideline "behind Griffin" made the call on this one - from his vantage point he see's the contact but not the extension of the arm by Griffin .... which had he seen , its an easy offensive foul call.

I really hate when refs out of position make these kind of calls - that should have been made by the guy on the baseline who has a much clearer view of the play.

Stars get enough calls as it is , having a ref out of position make a poor call just adds to the horrible state of officiating in the NBA.

17. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

I'm not really sure what you guys are looking at. Gasol comes flying up to block Griffin's dunk which is his fault of why he got hit in the face. Its not like he even elevated more after the fact. He was already up there when that happened. There was no way Griffin was not going to dunk that ball. If that was Parsons everyone on CF wouldn't have given a damn. People are so sensitive these days.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'm not a Blake hugger or anything, just curious about the offensive foul rule.

It didn't seem like Blake extended his forearm when he collided with Gasol, so is that still an offensive foul to just leave your elbow sticking out like that without really moving it?

19. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

bull****. Superstar calls? Or no calls for that matter

20. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I'm pretty sure you can't extend your forearm out to use as a shield against defenders coming to block your shot regardless of whether or not you push off with it once contact is made.

This rule is from 2004 and I'm not sure if it's still the same "A player who extends a hand, forearm, shoulder, hip or leg into the path of an opponent and thereby causes contact is not considered to have a legal position in the path of an opponent."

I would imagine Blake having his forearm extended into the path that Gasol took to block the shot would be considered a foul on Blake but I'm not 100% sure.