1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Granville

Granville Member

He followed me for a short distance and then I turned around when I noticed him. Then he told me who he was and why he followed me.

2. Granville

Granville Member

How can you assume that Martin knew the Police were called? It's also your opinion whether Zimmerman couldn't wait for the Police to show up.

3. Granville

Granville Member

I don't get the automatic assignment of policitical affiliations over this issue either.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

it's a fact. dispatcher told him cops on the way just wait and don't follow. he can't wait and he followed.

5. vlaurelio

i don't remember reading anything which says zimmerman properly introduced himself to trayvon

6. Nook

Nook Member

Yup, the dispatcher told Zimmerman that he did not need to follow Martin. It is one of the strongest arguments against Zimmerman's self defense claim.

7. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Has trayvon dealing drugs been discussed yet?

8. edwardc

edwardc Member

Once again all zimmerman had to do was stay put and let the police do there job.

9. laogai

laogai Member

Wrong. Wrong again. Once again, you moved from Bi-racial, to
    "traditional white", to Anglo saxon. Your silly notion of Being white
    only pertains to being Anglo saxon is just UTTERLY FALSE. No one's
    squirming, I'm educating you on a culture lesson. You're the one that
    keeps trying to Identify what is white. Which is quite racist Sir.
    That's like me telling an Afro-Latino, Black Jamaican or Haitian that
    He isn't Black because he isn't American Black. Or an African telling an African American that he isn't black, because he doesn't come Africa.

Anglo saxon is NOT "traditionally" white. Anglo Saxon refers to
    Language, Based on an English ethnic group. Whites speak all different types of Language. White Hispanic
    is very relevant. In Florida there is roughly 70- 80% of Hispanics who Identify themselves white The highest among any state. Not all white people have the same culture,
    speak the same language, or are from the same country. Hispanic is NOT
    a race, so "looking hispanic" just means he doesn't look like a white person from the United states.
    Guess what, Not all white people have a certain "look", just like not
    all black people have a truly defined look. There are many full Blooded white European Hispanics, Sir. Even then they don't have an anglo saxon "look". Nonetheless they are still white.

For you to define white is really racist on your part. Bordering on KKK WASP territory. Being anglo saxon is not a monopoly on "whiteness". All white Europeans aren't Anglo Saxon. Looking and being hispanic doesn't make George Zimmerman less white. One can Identify with the Hispanic culture and still be white. Plus there are many anglo saxon "looking" Hispanics. This notion of "whiteness" on your part is exactly why there are still racial problems. Hispanic Blacks don't speak the same language, have the same hair textures, nor do they have facial features that resemble as African Americans. Nonetheless they are still Black. Africans don't have a monopoly on blackness and neither do anglo saxons.

So according to you it's okay for a family to align themselves with racists, Because their son was killed?

George Zimmerman is white and ethnically latino. If he were to be charged or locked up it would read race: White. Fact. I'm not making this up, this is not my opinion.

10. vlaurelio

fixed

1 person likes this.
  11. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

It also speaks to Zimmermans state of mind in the incident. Clearly Zimmerman thought Trayvon was a criminal. He said so on 911. Most reasonable people would not approach a criminal because of the presumed danger ...unless of course you knew you were armed and could defend yourself.

Surely the prosecuters will argue stand-your-ground doesnt apply if you knowingly put yourself in harms way while carrying deadly weapon. That supports the case that Zimmerman was prepared to use deadly force in a self inserted dangerous situation ...thereby weakening his self defense arguments.

12. Nook

Nook Member

The only way around this point is if Zimmerman asserts he abandoned pursuit and was ambushed... however, even then a jury will hear testimony that Zimmerman was actively pursuing Martin.

13. Nook

Nook Member

:rolleyes: Way to not address the issue, which is not surprising as you have not in two days.... so there is nothing else to discuss.... I might as well use hyperbole, you have...... I cannot believe that you think Martin's family is racist...... dispicable.

Yup, if my 17 year old son was killed going to get a bag of skittles, and aligning with racists would bring needed attention to my sons death, you sure as hell better believe I would do it...... I would be desperate for any and all help I could get....

By the way, my sister-in-law in Florida was surprised to hear that she is considered white in America and if anything gets extra benefits beyond white folks.... she would like to talk to you sometime about your very interesting perspective...

14. SunsRocketsfan

That is true I do not know the neighborhood and what actions might have prompted Zimmerman to want to carry a loaded gun. But it just seems like it was action of carrying a loaded gun that really endangered himself and made him feel threaten to need to use and pull the trigger.

If Zimmerman didnt have a gun we most likely wouldnt even hear about this story. Although people do die in fights it's very rare. There are fist fights all the time and in most cases one guy gets beaten till he cant fight anymore the other usually backs off at that point. Worst case some broken bones, bloody head, some stictches and bam you are fine.

Sorry to hear about your son. I agree I would feel exactly the same way if I was in your shoes. It's impossible to not want some retribution when your loved one is part of a crime. I often feel the same way for victims of rape and murder. There is nothing more I would love to see but to watch the perpetrator suffer a slow painful death.

Also thank you for the discussion. You bring up some valid points and do not resort to stupid tactics and labeling people as Republican, Democrat, Racist, etc. I do not know why everyone on here needs to make any issue/story a Republican/Democrat thing.

1 person likes this.
  15. laogai

laogai Member

You said Jesse Jackson was racist. I told you they aligned themselves with Jackson. Aligning yourself with a racist and receiving support from them, over a matter that you think is racist, would therefore implicate them to being a racist. I don't think any Jew would align themselves with Hitler, Just because their son was killed. The Martin Family in all likelihood would not consider Jackson racist. According to your logic, it's perfectly fine to be friends with a racist.

If my son was shot and killed, I would not align myself with a racist. I stand on principles. But it's not surprising you would, considering your WASP like notions of whiteness.

I see you didn't address my issue I raised. But it's okay. Keep thinking White can only be Anglo Saxon.

When did I say your sister law was considered white in America, you keep making stuff up.

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

#2996 tallanvor, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I don't think this event is entirely anyone's "fault." It may just be one of those avoidable tragedies that was not avoided... when it could have been avoided... but don't put words in my mouth, please.

I don't think you even know what "hypocrite" means.... :grin:

18. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Not a tragedy, it was murder. I know how much you like to use the "right" words.

19. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Maybe you should wait until GZ is charged or even convicted before you start slinging that word around? Just an idea....

20. vlaurelio

you defend a deadly bullet but you worry about a harmless word?