1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gogi's possible destinations: A Breakdown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sweetbobl, Apr 3, 2012.

1. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

Right? I mean, we might not be clear contenders yet, but we haven't been able to compete in the west like this in about two or three seasons. Call me crazy but i think with the right pieces (D Mo, and Lull and who ever we can draft this year) we might not need a star. Basically we should keep as much of the team as we can especially Dragic, and Lee...We were in fourth at some point and time, we need keep what we got and add to it, I mean pretty soon at some point some of the main stays will be coming down (mavs, lakers, spurs just off the top of my head) :rolleyes: Maybe im just a homer but this must be the way we're because we could have easily tanked years ago and no one would have noticed because our star player were out. A pretty decent team hopefully being cheap wont hold us back...

2. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

wow close this thread..he will be a rocket.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Think 10+ Mil is a strech, 7-8 in his 1st year of the new deal sounds about right.

4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

"Darth Dragic will bring balance to the force and rule the Empire"...............darth sidious

5. AussieRocket

AussieRocket Member

Mate, wake up, the Hornets haven't been in Charlotte for years. I was talking Bobcats :)
    But seriously D.J. Augustin is a free-agent and getting Dragic in his place may be an upgrade.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Phoenix may be content with AB if they lose Nash--they did trade for him in the first place after all, and hold his RFA rights, so he'd be much cheaper for them to retain.

Maybe we could take the Blazers off the market by trading them Lowry for their NJ draft pick? Any contract they signed Dragic to would be riskier and less favorable to their team than would Lowry's. Trading for Lowry allows them to keep more cap flexibility.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't see Charlotte as a real threat because I don't think Goran would want to sign with such a loser team and I don't think they're ready to start dropping $10M+ on a free agent yet.

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

HOU fans gotta show him a lot of love then, because no matter what the team offers him the final decision is with him and his agent.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If we make the playoffs and go to the second round or further.... Gogi would be willing to stay.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Gosh, I hope we keep him. But, given our recent luck- I would say he's gone.

11. Htown's2kFinest

I think if he gets to start, he will stay here. This is the team that Goran has played best with and he's comfortable with this team. I think he wants to be here first, doesn't want to mess with a good thing BUT starting for a good team is his priority. What I think (which isn't anything new) is either Lowry goes in a trade and we keep Dragic or Dragic signs elsewhere.

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I like the idea of starting a petition addressed to the Rockets urging the re-signing of Dragic. Anybody good with computers skills that could draft such a petition?

By doing so, it will let the front office and Dragic knows how much he is appreciated.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I am hoping to resign Dragic to near Lowry money. Then trade Lowry+Parsons to NO for their #2 pick.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

You want a ****ing pony, too.

15. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

You're right he loved living here. The suns did a player mini bio on him and he really had it going for him. Nice home, met g f, great nightlife etc.. Plus Phoenix is a really nice place to live.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL I'm sure Stern will be willing to part with the number 2 pick for Parsons and Lowry :p

I'm not even sure if I want to do that deal, Parsons is on his way to becoming a perennial all star (in talent if not in votes).

17. rocketkid713

rocketkid713 Member

hope he comes back next year IN MOREY (I STILL TRUST)?

18. Entropy

Entropy Member

If Gogi really loves playing with his team-mates and under Mchale's guidance, he aint going anywhere.

19. Toothless_Texan

20. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I don't know about the Suns. The team kind of gave up on him and I don't think he expected to be traded. I say he goes to the highest bidder, not counting the suns. Hopefully that's us.