1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Terrence Williams in a Sac Kings Uniform thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by IzakDavid13, Mar 21, 2012.

?

Terence Williams will...

1. Average a triple double!

33 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. Become a 20ppg scorer

7 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. Have a solid career in NBA

62 vote(s)
    26.2%
  4. Blow this opportunity

49 vote(s)
    20.7%
  5. End up overseas

31 vote(s)
    13.1%
  6. Tweet his way out of Sacremento

55 vote(s)
    23.2%
  1. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

His going to get a triple double this year, he made some great passes that werent hit.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

We all know he has all-star potential, wish it would've worked out with our team. Sometimes we are too stubborn trying to make players fit in our team instead of just letting them play. Looking forward to his 2012/13 season, think it could make some people regret the decision to not giving him a chance.

3. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If TWill becomes All-Star, I hold no reservation for the Rockets. Just like we picked Olajuwon over Jordan which we will never regret. I rather play Parsons, who can mature to become a better player to win games than develop TWill who can become a star and likely leave the Rockets for money. The Rockets are on the right path, it seems like TWill too.

4. mario713

mario713 Rookie

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ToqefCwAKVM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah, watch this guy blow up now that he gets playing time. I definately didn't like his attitude (I can't stand a sense of entitlement), and he's not a better player than any of our 2-guards or Parsons for that matter, so he was never gonna get on the court for us. But if we truly were building for the future, and weren't so consumed with making the playoffs the last two years (we should have been in rebuild mode), maybe opening up playing time for T-Will would have netted us some reward (we may have even recouped our 1st round pick). I guess i just think that you don't trade for a player who you know you need to develop and then not give him an opportunity to develop. If making the playoffs was so important, then it was always going to be tough for T-Will to get playing time. T-Will is the kind of guy you trade for when you are building for the future, and when you can afford to put him on the court and see what he can do. It was a total mismatch with Adelman at the helm.

All that said, it's hard to blame the organization. They took a risk, T-Will continued to show his immaturity by publically blasting the organization, and our other players simply beat him out for playing time, so he didn't get on the court. Tough break for Houston, and clearly one of Morey's few bad moves. But he certainly had the talent pegged. Hard to blame him for betting on talent; easy to blame him for not giving him a real opportunity to develop.

#85 Aruba77, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  6. spysta

spysta Member

I think twill will get re signed by the kings, if you think about it he is the perfect 3 beside a ball hog like tyreke evans, him and isiah thomas can both be facilitators along with reke and cousins and thompson could possibly be a good team, for some reason I could see it being a great situation.

Im trying to think who could successfully coach such a team to the playoffs?

7. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

will forever be a potential player on mediocre teams. Ive given up on him, just looking at his normal twitter actions, he's a dumbass.

8. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

He hasn't tweeted for over 3 weeks, he's obviously been told, get off twitter, get in the gym and don't look back

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well he is currently playing starters minutes and doing great with it. 13 minutes 3rbds, 8pts. so far tonight.

10. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

half-time, has 12-4-4 and a block on 5-6FG

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

T-Will puts up big numbers on losing teams.

He put up big numbers with the Nets, but it means nothing if the team doesn't win. Same for the Kings, if they lose it means nothing.

After all, if he really was that good then he should have demonstrated that to our coaches when he was on the Rockets, and the Rockets are a winning team.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Its not about Parsons. It was really about Bud. We chose a proven but flawed commodity over Twill. I would have rather had Twill but then again I think Bud is a turd.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

T-will is too small to play SF effectively. He's like 6'4-6'5.

14. Omer

Omer Member

He's listed at 6'6

15. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Nothing said in that video is anything new. The athleticism, court vision, defense - its always been know he can do those things. We were expecting those things when we traded for him.

How could we/he not get it working in two seasons with 2 coaches? Waste of a pick and whats even worse is we stalled this guys growth and career for 2 years. We should have just traded him earlier if we were never going to give him a chance. There was just no class in the way T-Will situation was handled.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Last I checked the Rockets haven't won anything in more than 15 years.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Indeed. If you're not an NBA champion, Terrence Williams is your superstar.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Last time I checked Rockets haven't had a losing record in over 5 years.

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I just think guys need time to know what they can and can't do. Limited guys like courtney lee figure it out a little sooner,but I also saw him struggle big time in new jersey when they had cdr and williams. I can't really fault morey for making the trade,but I do fault him for not opening up minutes on a boderline,going nowhere playoff team. I would've enjoyed this season just as much had I watched a starting lineup of lowry,lee,parson,patterson,and thabeet as I do now. To me,its all about development in the throw it against the wall tactics. The only way the rockets will get out this funk is finding the next tracy mcgrady or jermaine o'neal on another teams bench. Its hard to find that guy if he's not on the court playing.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Anthony Randolph needs to go Sacramento.:(:(