1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

was at tonight's game, and given further proof that Dragic may be the man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T for 3, Mar 31, 2012.

Tags:
  1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

At this point, I say keep Dragic and give him time at the 2. He is a bigger priority than Lee.

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Terrible argument is terrible.

3. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Either package Lowry, Scola, and Kmart for a superstar or start both Lowry and Dragic after shipping out Scola and Kmart

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I personally think Dragic should be kept over Lowry. But I think one of the main reasons why this board and me are favoring Dragic is because he is simply more fun to watch.

The main difference between Dragic and Lowry is footwork. Dragic's method of getting to the paint is to use his quickness and foot work while Lowry uses his compact power to power himself in the paint. For most basketball fans the first method is always going to be more fun to watch.

1 person likes this.
  5. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's also better for Dragic's longevity, and makes it easier for him to create his own shot in the clutch. At age 30, I like Dragic a lot more than Lowry.

6. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

On thing people forgot is the Lowry is injury prone not as much, but he get injured in most key moments.

I will love to keep both but I think is unrealistic to give Dragic big bucks for a back up roll that he probably don't want and tell Kyle to be a back up when he is clearly a starting point in this league.

This is hard. The truth is that we probably won't see this 2 together next season. Who will be? No idea. But is better to have more options than none.

7. inishi

inishi Member

To be fair, if you compare Dragics numbers as a starter to Lowry's first 12 this year, they are very similar. 17 and 9 with 3 + TOs. Dragic is much more efficient, Lowry is a much better rebounder. Rockets were 7-5 over each 12 game stretch.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Two things give Dragic the edge:

1) Lowry can be traded to get something really good, whether that be a high draft pick or a borderline all star type player. Dragic cannot be traded, if we want to get any production out of him as an asset we MUST re-sign him in the offseason.

2) Dragic is a bigger player with better physical tools, and he's left-handed. I think he has more upside than Lowry. Lowry is a max-effort guy to get to borderline all-star status--Dragic has the physical ability to be a top 3 PG in the league.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Is there a third choice, sign and trade Dragic? I would like to keep Dragic over Lowry but at least we won't be losing him for nothing.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

SnT isn't viable anymore for unrestricted free agents.

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Thanks.

Crap, then your option 1 is the way to go.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Well I mean technically you can still SnT but there are heavy restrictions which means it doesn't give the player more money than just signing as a free agent.

So the only reason so SnT is if the player wants to go to a team which has no cap room. So you're not going to get much back in that type of deal. Maybe a late 1st rounder if you're lucky?

13. Relaxing

Relaxing Member

Thing is..HEDO is a selfish prik..even the players of the National Team dont like him...Dragic is just a nice guy...he is beloved by his teammates for his hard work and sincerity..plus he has an Euro Championship just behind him where he played 35 minutes per Game..so he should be way more worn out then those nba *superstars*..just saying...hes not just good now because of a contract year..give him starter status and he will deliver every season

14. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

Watch your back Dragic for next season's point guard just ask Aaron Brooks. I would love to keep both have Lowry be a back up and come in push the pace like he use to do.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Lamar Odom has sucked so far. And that team would be either 8th or 9th seed at best. As a fan would I rather be on the treadmill of mediocrity or hope for a lucky ping pong ball?

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not only is Dragic playing great, but he has helped Scola, and Parsons and Lee shoot better as well - by getting them really quality looks.

Dragic's passing and running of the half court offense have been fantastic and the team is benefitting from that.

Scola climbed back of 50% shooting for the year.....after struggling for most of it.

Very nice to see....

DD

17. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Edit! lol :grin:

18. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Only one thing I definitely give Dragic over Lowry, he is super clutch. I still would keep Lowry as a starter.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Go back and see the Portland game from earlier this year. The PG is the guy with the ball in his hands at the end of each game. The guy who either makes the final pass or shot to win the games would probably be considered "clutch" right? Dragic has been great... maybe even better than Lowry, but I think that people on here are severly downplaying Lowry's play in the first half of the season.

20. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Lowry has been super clutch in his games as well. Of course they won't make them all but Lowry has hit some big time 3s at the end of games too. Some of them were 10 feet behind the 3 point line