1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GSW announcer on Marcus Morris...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by robbie380, Mar 22, 2012.

1. cuddie

cuddie Member

He was decent, played in extreme garbage time, like 30-pt blowout garbage time. Hit a tough baseline jumper and that's really all I remember being memorable.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Unimpressive. He hit a few shots which he needed to do. I mean he is a NBA player. You are supposed to make shots in the NBA. Other than that I didn't see too much to get excited about. Marcus' primary problem is that he needs the ball in his hands to be successful and he simply isn't efficient/good enough to justify giving him the ball for iso plays....so that's a major problem. If he can work in some shooting off screens into his game then maybe we have a player. He has a long way to go.

But I will say he at least did have one nice drive to the hoop when his defender thought he was gonna chuck up another jumper. The defense at the basket was extremely soft, but it was at least good to see he recognized the opportunity to drive and score.

3. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

The Rockets drafted Morris for his potential to be a star and elite scorer. Personally, I want to see him be aggressive with the ball in his hands and I was impressed even in garbage time. I know we're used to having only role players, but I have no desire to turn Morris into one.

I agree that he has a long way to go, but I was encouraged on the offensive end. Not many guys can consistently score in 1 on 1 situations and this team desperately needs that. What I want to see from him is aggression on offense and hustle on defense.

4. houstunnin

houstunnin Member

8 3-6 .500 0-0 .000 2-2 1.000 0 0 0 0 2 1 8

5. houstunnin

houstunnin Member

Not bad...8pts overrall in 8 mins...

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He created his own shot very well on pretty much each of his baskets. Attacked the paint when needed and created space the best he could to get his shot off.

And on the, "all he does is score" criticism, I'm pretty sure if he gets more than 7 minutes a game he can show the other facets of his game. But primarily as a rookie and with limited minutes all he can do is try to score to increase his changes of getting some extra PT the next time out.

7. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

He's a young player that is just really anxious to show what he can do. I believe that he is pressing because it was a blowout and he just wanted to get some shots up. When I watched him during his two previous opertunities. He stayed in front of his man on D for the most part, and played within the system on O. He took good shots and made the right passes. He did miss some defensive rotations and got caught out of position a few times, but that is to be expected for a rookie. Offensive/Defensive basketball schemes are out the window in blowouts most of the time anyway.

8. houstunnin

houstunnin Member

He is a Melo kind of a player well lets give him hope since he's out 1st round pick..and hope he can become a player like MELO..lol...that be super nice...

9. BKRGator13

BKRGator13 Member

Let him earn his 20 mins per game and show us what he is all about. One solid game against golden state doesn't mean a ton in this league.

10. CertifiedTroll

He needs to make sure not to hustle when he doesnt get two shots per minute, to work on being more like melo

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I can't really tell much by watching someone play a few minutes in garbage time. I also watched him play in a couple of D-league games. He does seem to have a scorers mentality, which isn't a bad thing. I think players who only play a few minutes every few games tend to try and showcase their offensive skills when they do get in a game. I don't know if Morris will get any meaningful minutes until he can prove to McHale in practice that he can be a complete player. I think we have seen this season with Parsons how important it is to be a complete player. I certainly don't think Morris is a bust as some people have said, it may just take him a little more time to figure everything out.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

We've been missing a guy like him since the prime years of TMac....someone actively looking to score. I really enjoy watching the Rockets right now because the ball moves very smoothly through the offense, but unfortunately, that has rarely been a modem for success in the league. When the jumpshots arent falling, we aren't going to beat very many teams. Other than Morris, the only other guy on the roster that ever "makes up his mind to score" is Scola.

13. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

[​IMG]

14. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

I haven't been too impressed so far, but last night is changing my mind. I think the assessment that he's not really a role player, but more of a goto scorer is about right. I think he can fit in nicely with the 2nd unit as the scorer and give us options late in games when we need some help scoring. But, he definitely needs more time on the court against good competition to show us his defense and his flow within our normal offense.

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

While some people may dislike Morris jacking up shots right now, this is an attribute the Rockets need. Who do we have that's a natural scorer? Lowry and Dragic are PGs even if they can score okay. KMart is a finisher more than a shot creator. Scola is probably our best scorer, and he's getting older.

Even if Morris can't contribute much in other areas, if he can just score fairly efficiently he'll be in the rotation.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

was he impressive??????????????????

17. GeneValgene

GeneValgene Member

LOL...i love it

18. southswmrchuck

Agreed. Very polished player on offense, but who can he guard?

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

This.

The smartest thing you can do, to get an increase in PT, is to score points.

Playing defense, hustling etc is JUST as important in role players, but scoring points is a lot faster than showing that you're good on the other side of the court.

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Parsons didn't become the starter with his scoring.

[​IMG]