1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 12/13/2002

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

There is cause for genuine concern.We are getting consistantly beaten in close games. The players are making poor decisions and are failing to either execute down the stretch or stop opposing players.The Grizzlies deserved to win and are better than their record suggests but they still are one of the weakest teams in the league.We failed to stop their penetration and shooting. The defense was poor.When teams get their shots down it's always going to be very difficult to win. Nobody could stop Williams or Person. I didn't expect us to stop Gasol but poor defense was the main reason why we lost today.

2. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

And bben, I keep on bringing up Stevie, I've been forgetting about Cat. Please don't jump all over him too as one of the Rockets problematic gaurds. Without him, this team loses sooo much, especially with him playing defense like he was earlier. May I remind you that we're 8-4 (I think) with him in the lineup and just .500 without him. This includes 2 very quality wins (our last 2) where he played very well.

3. MASTERASIA

MASTERASIA Member

Your post doesn't make any sense. You say the whole team suck tonight then you go off saying "Yao played alright tonite, but not good enough, so is SF and everybody else".

To me, the team didn't suck tonight. They play decent tonight where most of of the starters score really well if you compare their stats to their recent games. Their mistakes and defence at the end and the Memphis playing that cost them the game. I mean everytime they score, the Memphis respond with their own. Memphis was pretty hot and look and to prove it, they are on 4 games winning streaks.

4. knifejc

knifejc Member

After reading some of the posts on here it makes me remember why i hate coming to read some of these posts after a loss. I guess all of our expectations were raised a lil after the last couple of games.

YES! this was a game the rockets should of one, but they didn't tip your hat to the grizzlies and lets move on to the clippers. Hopefully like jeff said this game was anomaly and the Rockets will get back on track

5. sol705

sol705 Member

Cmon guys, this was a very good game in that it was competitive, dont put the blame on just one person, everyone has to share the wealth. This is a team game, no one person takes the blame or the credit. Franchise just did what he always does and what everyone wants him to do, have the ball in the closing seconds and do something with it, I would rather have him make the decisions than anyone else. Yao's turnovers weren't costly, except maybe the one where he got stripped by JayWill, not like any othem led to a fast break or something like that. For anyone to call someone a Yao lover, just because they dont think Yao had a bad game or that the turnovers weren't costly, is kind of jumping the gun a bit. Also, for all you guys jumping on Franchise because of his play near the end, this man is your LEADER, you live and die with his decisions, that's how it works with everything in life. I gotta agree with the assertion that KT had no business being in there in the end though, what the Rockets needed was a better defensive player, we already had enough scorers on the floor with Franchise, Cat and Ming. Eddie shoulda been in there, at least he coulda maybe gotten in Gasol's way or something. Well, in any case, this is just one of those games that young teams on the upward move always learn from. Hopefully we should see better results down the line in similar situations, in the meantime, stop this Yao-Lover Rox Hater or Franchise-Lover Yao-Hater crap, it's ridiculous. Everyone has their reasons for watching Rockets games, if someone's reason is different from yours, get over it, it's just a game.

6. superpro

superpro Member

Shut your XXX up, quintessany! Why do you label every one that don't agree with you as a YAO fan, a "not Rox fan"? What's wrong being a Yao fan? I am a Yao fan, Francis fan and Rox fan!!

So don't reveal your stupidity twice or more. We already know your are an "idiot" fan.

7. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

Yeah, I'm always scared to come here after losses, too, but I feel it's my obligation to post here and support my teams' leaders from some of the knee-jerk-reaction haters... I'm not sure why cuz it's always a lost cause. :cool:

As the saying goes, "Never argue with an idiot; you can't win". Maybe I should avoid the board after losses.:rolleyes:

8. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

The one thing that the Rox need to and will learn is to run the two man game with Steve and Yao(Utah style) with Cut, Rice, and Eddie on the perimeter stretching the defense and creating space.

Also Yao+EG in the paint was tough. EG however had big trouble with Pau off the dribble. Rockets are going to be a b**** to deal with after the All Star break when Ming gets a chance to get his legs back under him.

9. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Our star players are man enough to take the blame for the loss. Why are you guys still arguing? The Rockets lost as a team. Every player needs to share the blame.

10. superpro

superpro Member

One thing you need to learn is to base your arguments on facts not assumptions. I myself is a Yao fan, a Steve fan and a Rox fan. So first of all, don't put your label on me before you bark. Give me an example that anybody claims "that the reason that the Rockets win is only b/c of Yao or that the Rockets lose is b/c of everyone but Yao." on this board.

If you cannot, then you are really getting annoying.

11. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Shut up Ben!! and don't call yourself Chinese.

Do me a favor ;)

12. link

link Member

i don't think he is chinese. i don't know where the he!! he comes up with these so called sayings and how he can say chinese have a habit of doing this or that. this guy is coming up with **** i never even heard of. don't be coming up with your own chinese traditions and passing off lies as truth.

13. link

link Member

anyway, i think i figured out why the rockets lost today. it wasn't any individual's fault. it was friday the 13th. it's obvious bad luck will follow.

14. prlen

prlen Member

Hey hey,what's up with u?
    That 's his business.

15. superpro

superpro Member

If you are not Chinese, you will not understand what he is talking about. If you are Chinese and don't understand that famous saying, your English might need some improvement.

16. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

I think obviously Steve Francis is trying to go for homerun every time when the game is on the line. I think he should learn to control himself and stick with the basic fundamental basetball. He traveled twice and missed crucial 2 free throws and so is Mobley and then he try to homerun with 3 point shots

17. askitka

askitka New Member

Some Yao fans here are doing Yao a great dis-sevice with they comments.

Newtons second law states: "for every action there is an equal opposite reaction".

No matter if you are a If a Yao fan or SF fan.
    IF you pick a fight by critising player 'x' because a single bad game,
    then expect some sort of reaction from the great many fans of player 'x'.

How do you like it if Yao and a bad game and everyone jump on him (and you).
    If you don't like it and don't DO IT.

It a team sport. Focus more on the team and less on individual.

Terms like Chinese, American.. should be use lightly because one person can't represent the whole country.

Yao doesn't go around and say I play good because I'm a Chinese......
    When everyone know China is a relative weak BS country.

Using such terms can cause very negative feeling in the forum, so please stop it.

Focus on the team! Stop fighting!

18. walterw

walterw Member

What the hell is this?

19. askitka

askitka New Member

12-14-2002 02:06 AM

Some Yao fans here are doing Yao a great disservice with they comments.

Newton's second law states: "for every action there is an equal opposite reaction".

No matter if you are a Yao fan or SF fan.
    IF you pick a fight by criticizing player 'x' because a single bad game,
    then expect some sort of reaction from the great many fans of player 'x'.

How do you like it if Yao had a bad game and everyone jump on him (and you).
    If you don't like it then don't DO IT.

It a team sport. Focus more on the team and less on the individuals.

Terms like Chinese, American.. Should not be use lightly because one person can't represent the whole country.

Yao doesn't go around and say I play good because I'm a Chinese......
    When everyone knows China is a relative weak BS country.

Using such terms can cause very negative feeling in the forum, so please stop it.

Focus on the team! Stop fighting!

20. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

No, they are all choking Rudy T :D, :p, :rolleyes:

:D I just don't want DoD to get away with Coach bashing if nobody can blame on any single player.

Think about it, most of this thread is ridiculous, on both sides.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.