1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 12/13/2002

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djkickass

djkickass Member

Regardless, Griz is going to be a contender for the rest of the season. This team is underrated. Remeber that they won 5 of their last 10. They played very well but Rox should have tightened their defense early on.

2. joe the joker

joe the joker Member

Why dislike the dudes?Just because they dont hand the ball to Yao?
    Yes u see the games,but do u know the games?
    As a good guard,he should also be able to control,to cut and to shoot.Do you know Franchise?He's got one on one ability,and not Jason Kid!
    I bet that Franchise is the best one on one player I've ever seen,or at least among the best.And he does a great job today until the OT.So should we all blame on him and forget his contribution to make us have the chance of plaing OT?

I dont mean that Franchise has no responsibilty for our lost,I just wanna to say that we should not just focus on him.Yes,he should adjust more to be suitable for palying with a big center,but as I've said,adjustment takes time.So be patient your guys and shut up.

3. MASTERASIA

MASTERASIA Member

You got a f!cking problem with me TROLL? You haven't enlighten me why I'm stupid? That's the third time you've insulted me. YOu're saying everyone's is riding Yao's jock? Look who's riding Francis? Show just shut your trap before I lay a smack down on your skinny ass!:mad: :D

4. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

register,log on, and bashing Yao after maybe every game
    what's your next name????????????

5. lsjluke

lsjluke Member

I am a Yao fan,but I am also a Steve Fan,then,of course I am a Rox fan!

6. quintessany

quintessany Member

Bashing Yao? How is pointing out 6 turnovers bashing? I am glad that the Rox have Yao on the team. He will be a good player. I am just pointing out that this game was Yao's fault as much as any other Rox.

7. sharprain

sharprain Member

:mad: come on, could not you guys just stop the quarrel? All of us feel sick about the loss (damn, it took me more than three hours to keep watching the damn NBA online and in the end we lost :mad: !!!). we lost as a team and everyone share the same responsibilities. i just hope they can learn from the loss and play smarter next time). Maybe they really need to learn how to play OT.

8. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

hi

Can someone tell me who was guarding Pau Gasol?

9. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

EG and KT

10. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Right on!!! bball is NOT a ONE man game. You never saw the indivadual stats has a column "# of game lost at his hand"

6 turn over can never be a good thing, same is true for missing 2 FT at end of the game.

11. Skip To My Loom

Going by his game stats, no one was guarding him. No one was guarding white chocolate either. :mad:

12. link

link Member

it was an exciting game to watch in the second half. francis had a really nice game. was clutch with that three pointer to tie it and yao also played well down the stretch. but he needs to be more aggressive earlier on in the game and not try to pass it too much when he's that close to the basket, he should shoot it himself. right now, he lacks aggressiveness. he really made some dumb mistakes early in the game. he was practically right next to the basket, and passed the ball out further to mobley i think it was. he also made a dumb rookie mistake of jumping while defending. he needs to stop doing that.

that being said, francis also had his share of mistakes, he choked and missed two free throws and made some dumb turnovers of his own down the stretch. But there is no real individual player who made more mistakes than the other.

they just got beat by a team that played better and more aggressively. what it came down to was basically who wanted the win more.

13. basketball

basketball Contributing Member

I agree that you cannot blame one player for the team loss. Steve had some good plays earlier in the game. If not for his good play early in the game, the Rocket might be losing big by the time they got to the 4th quarter. Just like you cannot blame the loss on Yao for making turnovers early in the game. The thing is during crunch time Steve's mistakes are magnified because people tend to remember the last thing that you do. Missing free throws and turnovers are part of the game. It does seem that when the Rockets lose a close game, it is usually due to their dribbling style of play. I think people don't mind if they lose the game because the shot were not falling even though they got a good shot. But missing shot ( because of not executing or try to do thing on your own when the opportunity is not there) can be disturbing. But one thing that is more disturbing is that why the Rockets abandon what getting them easy basket during crunch time? May be the question should be directed to the coaching staff. But overall, I agree that this is a team loss. Every contribute to a win just as they contribute to a loss.

14. Dreamlead

Dreamlead Member

C'mon, stop with this blaming. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. In my head, this loss could be attributed to many players, but it could also be attributed that Memphis just came better prepared than us. Who knows?
    Why don't we talk about some of the positive things we can come out of this. Yao seems to have gotten his FG% in play again. Francis went nuts scoring. Eddie, well he had 4 blocks what can I say? Hey didn't we even out rebound Memphis?
    Anyone else want to point out anymore positives?

15. tolne57

tolne57 Contributing Member

This is embarrassing. We lose a game and the members of this board immediately begin to bicker among themselves. Can't we just accept the lose and not try to blame anyone person? Mistakes were made by everyone, including Yao and Francis.

BTW Eddie and KT were on Pau most of the night.

16. Nova

Nova Member

TROLL?????? :confused:
    You are calling RocketGuy3 a f'ing troll? Do you not know anything? Everything he posted made complete sense! :mad:
    Yao is GOOD, but come one, the Rockets are not a one man team, and he had 6to's tonite. If Francis had 6 to's everybody on this site would probly jump on him, but nooo, not if Yao gets 6 to's. He's a darling, he can't make any mistakes... :rolleyes:
    Yao ain't all powerful and a genius, he's a very good basketball player... and you know what? SO IS FRANCIS. He kept us in this game tonite. TO's are ALWAYS COSTLY! You wanna make an argument about how Francis doesn't give the rock to Yao? BULL. This was a tough loss, sure, but Francis is not a selfish player. Be happy we have such a good backcourt that can score, cause if we didn't the rox wouldn't be anywhere near where they are right now, they'd be back at the bottom.

17. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

Hehe, sorry MASTERASIA, that hate statement was based on just massive, blinding amounts of rage based mainly on an older threads. My apologies - as of late, you've given me no real reason to hate you. I'd edit the post if I could. But I DO hate the others I listed there, and a few others.:D

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rudy...Rudy...Rudy....

WHat the heck are you thinking. Why, oh why Rudy, is Moochie Norris playing in the 4th quarter when you need defensive stops....why are you playing SF, Cat, and Moochie....what happened to Hawk, or TMO? 2 players that can at least bother Wesley Person.

Rudy...Rudy...Rudy...please step on Moochie's toe so that he can go on IR and you can get your head out of your own rear end and see that Mooch should only get a few backup minutes a game.

Rudy...Rudy...Rudy.....your coaching with your patootie !!

DaDakota

19. bben212

bben212 Member

I bet that Franchise is the best one on one player

20. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

Sorry to post twice in a row, but hey, MASTERASIA, just to be clear, you're not bashing Francis for this game, are you?

Think I may have unfairly made NOVA hate you now because earlier I thought you were (you did after an older game). Anyways, just trying to clarify the situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.