1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hello Rocket Fans!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MemphisX, Dec 12, 2002.

Tags:
  1. codell

codell Contributing Member

This ESPN post has now showed up in 4 different threads on CC.net. Id bet my left ...ummm ..leg that its not true.

Egad! Some people are just gullible. ;)

2. cas

cas Member

If I were at another team's board, the most I'll put in my sig will be something like "Go Rockets". Imagine going over to the Mavs board and put something like, "The Rockets will finish above the Mavs this season!" That's asking for trouble.

3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Sorry Rockets 2K, MX is being slightly cool right now, but his past comments have been very condesending and down right nasty at times...you may not remember. And no, you don't put something like that in your sig and then talk **** about people and their biased views...AT THEIR BOARD, like he has in the past. I said what I said because he has a history of saying crap then not coming back to the board again, unless he feels like jumping in and saying something else full of BS.
    Oh by the way R2K...you said that the Grizz are doing pretty good this year? :eek: What NBA are YOU watching?

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I don't remember alot of **** starting, but that wouldn't surprise me..my memory aint what it used to be( especially on unimportant matters).;)

I don't watch other teams unless they are playin the Rockets. I'm a homer. I dont have time to watch a bunch of games.Hell, I have to neglect other things I should be doing just to watch my Rox play.
    I have to go off of what I read, and I had read somewhere that the Grzz were starting to put together some wins...I hadnt looked to see if that was true or not. I depend on you guys to keep me up to date on happenings in the rest of the league.

Nothing more...

5. walterw

walterw Member

Tomb of Doom is for the Grizzlies. The Rox has a great place called
    ClutchCity.:mad:

6. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

MemphisX - "Memphis will finish ahead of the Rockets in the 2002-03 NBA season. Book it!"

PeteRose says, "Put me down against."

7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Yea, actually they have won 5 of their last 10 games...not bad. Only problem is they are the worst team in the west and the second worst team in the whole league. That's not good.

8. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I believe that West didn't make an offer. West pretty much said he wasn't impressed with Ming and that Ming wasn't a shot-blocker. Oops! It's a long season, but you really don't think Memphis will finish ahead of the Rockets do you?

9. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Go Grizz....lots of trash talk. Tried to tell you Grizz are a dfifferent team then the 0-13 start.

10. walterw

walterw Member

Come on to this board on April with your signature intact, if you are man enough. Will you?

11. Sane

Sane Member

Really annoys me when fans of decent teams talk trash and then they get a cupcake win.

Memphis will not finish ahead of the Rockets. If they do, I'll change my name to "BBS gimp" and forfeit my 2000+ post.

12. askitka

askitka New Member

Run and gun is the game Memphis been playing all season.
    A low scoring team like Rockets trying to out play Memphis in they running game is unwise and playing into their hands.

Rockets need to control the tempo. We need leadership from SF.
    Slow the game down allows our big boys to catch up (waste less energy) and get into good defensive positions. This is especially important on the road.
    Yao had a good 4th period. But need to cut down risking passing (TO).

The young rockets will learn from this.
    Our game is inconsistent because we don't have a stable game plan. Once we solve this problem we win most of the game against weaker teams. And that is a lot of games!

Disappointed in losing this game, but MOST disappointed in the immature behaviour of some rocket fans.

Basketball is a team game. The team is above all players.
    I rather have the rocket win then seeing anyone of our individual players have a big game while the team losses.

The fans need to focus more on the team and less on the individuals!

Behave yourselves and respect yourself rocket fans!

13. Panda

Panda Member

Once a loser, always a loser.

I'm looking forward to the Kentucky Grizzlies.

I said I wouldn't trade Yao and Griffin for Duncan and you called me crazy. I don't recall you tell me that it all depended on Yao's attitude!

BTW, I won't trade Yao for Gasol plus J.Williams.

14. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Your team has 18 losses how can you trash talk? The Grizzlies won sure, but crappy teams upset good teams all the time, as the Spurs and Celtics others. Nice win for the Grizzlies, all it does though is guarantee that they don't get LeBron James. Time for the Rocks to take care of business against the Clippers.

15. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Hey, I didn't come on here talking trash. I just said it would be a tough game. I have been posting here awhile, off and on. I still think we will catch you in the standings. You guys came to our house, shot lights out, had your big rook playing decent, and choked up down the stretch. Don't worry we will do the same to the Mavs in Dallas.

Also we are not concerned about getting Lebron, we have better things coming our way after next season. We will then be making our mark on the NBA.

16. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

MemphisX, from a Grizz perspective, any thoughts on why our boys in red couldn't overcome the bears? Normally, we're a good defensive team, but tonite seemed to be something straight of the Dallas textbook on run and gun.

Was Memphis always this productive on the offensive end? B/c i think our Rockets average <89 pts/game (I vaguely recall). Naturally, tonite was a good offensive night for us. Conversely, we usually hold our opponents under 85 pts/game. Yet we obviously didn't do a good job tonite against the Grizz. The tempo of the game seemed to favor you guys. Moreover, I was troubled by how Pau had his way with our PFs.

Hubie's done a good job since taking over. He seems to have gotten the attention of the young Grizz team. Contrary to what I thought, youth didn't choke under pressure.

Impressive win.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

theSAGE

17. PhiSlammaJamma

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Congrats on the win. I'm surprised rudy didn't let the boys like francis and mobes run and gun. our boys would have eaten them alive if we let franchise and cat go back to the old iso's for this one team. anyways props to your team we'll see what happens next time

19. Sane

Sane Member

Cupcake win cupcake win cupcake win.

There's a reason people say Memphis UPSET the Rockets.

MemphisX,

Do you realize that you have to play 10 games over .500 ball all season to get to Houston? LOL, do you realize that we very well may be the 4th seed? That we haven't peaked and that none of our F's are playing well?

Can you imagine how good we'd be if one of our F's were playing decent basketball?

I mean, I understand that you're a Memphis fan and all, but can't you see that it's not realistic?

The Rockets can easily play .500 ball the rest of the season, and they'd still be with 44 wins at the end of the season.

So are you saying you guys will get 44 wins? I think you have to win something like 38 out of 60 the rest of the season to do that?

38-22?

I mean....Common....In the East, sure....But in the West? With no real big man? Common....

20. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

let it go Sane. and all you others. let his sig be.
    you guys sound like one of those kids arguing who's dad can beat the other's dad. :p

i've been noticing this quite often. 'come on' being spelled common. is this like an american spelling or is it like a joke in a previous thread all senior members are supposed to remember?

if it is, i didn't get the memo.