1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Lebron James' game on espn2

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by NJRocket, Dec 11, 2002.

1. SFrancis3

SFrancis3 Member

This was probably the first time you have ever seen Lebron play, so who are you to pass judgement on his jumper. He was playing the best team in the country on his first nationally televised game and HE LED HIS TEAM TO VICTORY.

He is a brilliant passer with great footwork, court vision. He didn't showboat and dunked only when he felt he should. I bet he could have had 5+dunks in that game if he wanted.

I am really looking forward to seeing him play in the future as an NBA star.

2. Timing

Timing Member

Dick Vitale was incredibly annoying. Even Walton was getting annoyed by that joker. No wonder why I don't watch college basketball games.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

You don't realize how much 25 million is. The only way to spend that kind of money is if you have a hundred people spend it for you, which is what Hammer did, make bad investments, or have someone steal it from you.

As long as he doesn't have a big posse, 25 million will last him for the rest of his life.

I also believe that anyone that went to college that says that they wouldn't put off college for that kind of money, obviously did not take any business classes.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Let him go east...but even I hope he doesn't get buried in Cleveland. I'd much rather see him in New York even tho' I hate the knicks.

If I were a hot free agent I'd hold out and sign on where Lebron goes right away.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

But wouldn't LeBron James want to get buried in hometown Cleveland?

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

I know its hard to judge a player off just one game, but James definately has some things he can improve on.

He has bad form on his jumper. His release is a lil funny looking and instead of going straight up, he kinda fades backwards or from side to side. Overall, his jump shot looks like poop.

Also, he looks to be lazy on defense. He looked like a matador several times and cherry picked one or two others. Not good technique at all.

His passing is indeed awesome. I can see him as a point forward, however, I dont know If i would spend a #1 pick on a pointforward who doesnt have much of a jump shot and half asses it on D.

7. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

I agree that he needs work on his jumper as far as technique goes. I noticed a couple of other things he needs work on too. He needs work on his low post game. His footwork wasn't very good when he tried to post up. He also needs to work on his movement without the ball. A lot of the time he was just standing around while his teammates were passing the ball.

All of these are really minor details though when you consider his overall game. With NBA level coaching he should have all these areas solved within a couple of years.

Can you guys imagine what this guy is going to be like after about 5 years in the NBA.

8. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

He as an okay jumper, but his form is messed up.

9. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

For a 17 year old, I think his jump shot is fine. I think he had good from, he just needs better shot selection. He is only 17, he has penlty of time to work on his shot.

10. Panda

Panda Member

Let's hail the next Kobe, Jordan and Magic triumvirate! King James!

Oh wait, maybe also Darvin Ham with passing!