1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets waive Terrence Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Margrave, yes he had his character issues, but I don't understand how you can say he wasn't a high upside guy. Look at the end of this 2009 campaign when he was given minutes. From March 3rd on, he was pretty much stuffing the stat sheet (I would copy and paste the actual stats but I'm too lazy to format it to look presentable).

More times that not, high upside players don't turn into solid role players or superstars for whatever reason, but to say he didn't have high upside, are YOU kidding?

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Again. Hindsight

T-Will's attitude got progressively worse. Attitudes are the hardest thing to predict in any player.

For example, the T-Wolves weren't willing to risk drafting DeMarcus Cousins because they thought he was a headcase. They ended up drafting Wes Johnson instead. Now, if you go to any Wolves forum, they will tell you that they should have taken a chance with DeMarcus Cousins instead. In fact, the Rockets too were eager to trade for Cousins.

And Cousins so far, is looking like a terrific player with just raw talent.

Every trade is a gamble, it's about whether it's a good gamble. And a non-lottery first rounder for a lottery pick in only his second year who has demonstrated a lot of potential? I'll make that gamble any day of the week.

3. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Dont understand why they let him go when he could've been backup pg, something I wanted to see...people say his attitude got bad, who wouldn't be mad when they feel they never got a chance...I'm sorry but I would take him over bud any day! He shouldve got minutes at the 1-4...I hate that now we are going to have to look around for people who haven't been around the rockets system and expect them to do anything for us..let's face it none will do what twill did in his limited minutes IMO...one thing I really wonder is how were we able to trade Flynn and thabeet but yet not trade Williams for at least a 2nd..twill should've been included in a deal to bring kaman here if anything..to just release him and pick up another old dude that's gonna slow our offense is r****ded!

4. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

I don't know why so many people are just blowing this off and giving Morey a free pass. "Moreyball" is a system that prizes assets and takes safe, long-term routes toward developing a team. That makes the Williams acquisition even worse of a decision. It was so unlike-Morey, and it cost him.

When the NEW JERSEY NETS are ready to give up on a lottery pick of theirs, uh, red flag. Morey should have known better with such a dicey talent like Williams. Don't give up a first rounder for him, especially since your team isn't a lock to make compete for the playoffs and make it low enough to where it essentially doesn't hurt you.

So glad Williams is gone. He's got all the physical tools in the world, but no basketball IQ whastsoever. That costs you in the NBA.

5. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Had to fix

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

man that sucks, I wanted to see williams get playing time, he never had a shot in Houston.

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

guess we won't be hearing the crowd yelling "free T-Will" :rolleyes:

8. Dei

Dei Member

Who did NJ pick?

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Poor Terrence Williams. Daryl Morey found forever homes for Hasheem, Jonny and Jordan. Terrence was deemed not fit for adoption so Daryl had to euthanize him.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm extremely interested to see If Thabeet gets any play next to Lamarcus...

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Hey! My thoughts exactly...

12. HillBoy

Aw, There you go again interjecting reality into the discussion. Personally, I got a huge chuckle from the post that described Williams as a "high upside player".

13. HillBoy

Not me. I was dubious of this move from the start. I simply did not understand what they saw in a guy who couldn't make it on the Nets roster even when they (Nets) were crying for good players and who was sent down to the D-League. I have no idea what the Rox ever saw in him.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

No mo' '09ers

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

WAIT A MINUTE! Does this mean he aint takin us out ta dinner! Thought we wuz goin ta Sizzler! DANG!

16. allanivan

allanivan Member

He will probably have a really hard time to find a job in NBA, we tried to trade him, not a single team wants to have him. There may be a few if it is free to acquire him. Any potential suiters? Bobcats?

17. dragician

dragician Member

Not even a d-leaguer..

18. alethios

alethios Member

I guess T-Won't :rolleyes:

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Not sure what the management saw in this malcontent selfish person. He was a disease. Should have never been brought aboard. Should have been cut long time ago.

20. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

Wassup clutchfans, I'm gonna miss y'all I had a good time here and wish y'all and the team the best I'm glad I came here y'all show me support and motivation. #rednation. #whoop. Take kare everyone! God bless!

1 person likes this.