1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Jordan Hill to Lakers for Derek Fisher, 1st round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thino, Mar 15, 2012.

?

Do you like the Jordan Hill for Derek Fisher+first rounder trade?

1. YES

359 vote(s)
    55.9%
  2. NO

283 vote(s)
    44.1%
  1. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

People like you who would ruin a franchise.

2. shanvhere

shanvhere Member

Yes cause we don't live in a social network or nothing. I have the right to state an opinion, and to express my opinion, and you have the right as well.

3. Mr. Space City

this is like the baltimore ravens getting hines ward

4. dragician

dragician Member

I love the first round pick though..

5. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

I didn't say you don't have the right to let your opinion be known. I'm saying your wrong on your view.

1 person likes this.
  6. shanvhere

shanvhere Member

Thank you for your expression in letting me know I'm wrong, I will take in into consideration the next time I let my expressions be known.

7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Oh, DM can pick nicely in the 20's, of that there is no dispute. It's just that yet another pick in the 20's won't help them get that star player they so desperately need. All that will result is DM adding (yet) another "asset" to the mix.

Jordan Hill was leaving for NOTHING (as you put it) because he was terrible and the Rox had basically cut ties with him by not picking up his option. My post wasn't a complaint per se. It was more of an observation. Basically, Morey just got rid of guys he never should have acquired in the first place. Hill was a bust when he came here and despite the endless posts and excuses made in his behalf, he was basically a non factor AFAIK. From what I have seen of Fisher, he's done but I expect McHale to play him because he is a veteran with "championship" experience (Oh Joy!). As for getting Camby, I suppose the case could be made that he's better than Hill but at this point in his career, it strikes me as the splitting of hairs when comparing bench players plus Hill was so bad I really don't see how comparing him to Camby is really makes Camby look all that great.

All in all, this is what I have come to expect from the Rockets: yet another sideways move on their part as they shuffle on down the road to nowhere.

8. joesr

joesr Member

OMFG he has a team option for 3.4mil

9. Asian Sensation

I can live with the Rockets eating 3.4 mil if it meant playoffs this year and some clutch shots for us from Fish and the 1st round pick is real nice.

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

It's player option

11. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I like this trade. I like the the included draft pick. I like his expiring contract. I like getting rid of Jordon Hill. I like being in the playoffs. I especially like the idea that we could face LA. Rooting for Fisher will be a learned response. Having a Rockets jersey on will help, (a little)>

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Did we join the wheel chair league since last night? Camby? Fisher? Really?

The Pacific Conference has to be laughing so hard left coast residents think there is another earthquake.

13. SynergySin

SynergySin Member

David Stern, please, PLEASE, I BEG YOU, cancel this trade for "basketball reasons"

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

So what should he do? Quit trying? This is what I don't understand. Yes, it's frustrating that there's no star right now. No, that doesn't mean you just shut down the franchise until said move comes around. They're better off with this pick than without it.

Hill came here after a half-year in the league. Sorry, there are endless examples of guys that were complete junk for a lot longer than that that ended up being very good players. He also came for the dead carcass of Tracy McGrady, which didn't exactly have a lot of value (shocking, right?). What superstar could have been acquired for that package?

On Fisher, sure - he will get playing time for a couple of weeks, when Lowry is out. I think Fisher's as capable as a random D-league call-up. After that, sorry - there's just no way he's going to play ahead of Lowry or Dragic. I don't care what kind of moxie he might have - his minutes are going to be next to nothing, if he isn't bought out. He's a placeholder for 1-2 weeks, end of story.

On Camby, you "suppose" the case could be made? Please. Camby is a clearly superior rebounder, shotblocker and passer than Hill. The single biggest problem for the Rockets this season is that on nights when Dalembert is in hibernation, they simply cannot defend the basket. This gives them a better chance to do that. It's not sideways.

I guess I just don't understand the frustration, as it pertains to this deal. Yes, the Rockets need a superstar. Unfortunately, it hasn't happened yet. So what do you want them to do - fold up the franchise and do nothing until that time comes? They improved their rotation and added a first-round pick without surrendering a single asset of any value.

2 people like this.
  15. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

They said he had to be traded because he wouldn't be happy playing behind Sessions.

I wonder how he's going to like playing behind Goran because please tell me you aren't benching Goran so you can start Fisher.

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Damn I am so relieved. I personally thought that Morey was going to dump Dragic for the first round pick that we picked up for Hill. The only negative is that the Camby trade probably means we make it to the playoffs. And despite Bima's logical arguments that we need to satisfy our draft requirements to NJ asap it looks to me like there could be great value in the twelfth overall pick.

But a scrub like hill for a 2012 top 20 protected draft pick sounds like a steal to me.

Had hoped for more pop in the trade deadline though.

17. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

morey is growing the rockets network. i think it is because fisher is a veteran clutch perimeter guard AND his ties with the players union.

nice job keeping this team together daryl. keep developing your roster until you can acquire the RIGHT player.

18. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

Your welcome! I am glad I could help!

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

No, Fisher had to be traded because he would have cost the Lakers $6.8M next season.

Lakers are in cost-cutting mode. Ownership (Jerry Buss's kids) are making a mockery of the Los Angeles Lakers franchise. It's all about the money for them. A shame for Lakers fans. I suppose it's a win for other NBA fans.

20. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

ill keep the first round, but drop derek fisher.