1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron James' game on espn2

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by NJRocket, Dec 11, 2002.

1. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

O my God. James just had a nasty dunk!

2. drapg

drapg Member

That may set regular people with regular jobs and careers for life.

But he's entering a world where people spend millions a year on cars, homes, and vacations.

The way NBA players spend their money, that could dry up fast. If you add all the people that will be showing up to get a piece of James, he could easily go broke really fast if his career bombs or he gets hurt.

Two words: "MC Hammer"

3. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Yea, that was sick! He is the real deal :D.

4. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Ok...we now know he can jump high and dunk.

5. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

We should have taken this to the chat room!

6. drapg

drapg Member

what no-look passes! amazing!

7. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I've seen enough. His instincts are incredible. He will be a superstar if he keeps his head on straight.

The Rockets can only hope he lands in the Eastern Conference. The West is loaded enough.

8. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

He has done two great passes in a row! James is awesome, he does look like Magic Johnson. I'm sold, he is going to be great.

9. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Someone needs to wipe the j*zz off of Vitale's pants.

10. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

So far, the only weaknes I see in James is his shooting. But his passing and jumping skills are sick.

11. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

James' jumper is off right now, but I heard that he has a solid jay. It probably is because he is just having an off night. I'm sure that he must be pretty nervous too.

12. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

I did not realise how much bigger he is than Kobe and T-Mac. He looks like he is 6-8 or maybe it is just because it is a hight school game. BUt his body is alot bigger than Kobe or T-Mac's was at the same time. To me he is more like Magic than Kobe. I realy like his game, it is like a Jason KIdd who can jump and run the floor like Kobe.

13. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

He also seems like he is a good guy. He seems like a nice family man. He seemed really mature in his interviews, and he's only 17.

14. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

Yea i compare him to an athletic Magic or Lamar Odom more than Kobe or Tmac, still great.

Anyone else hear Bill Walton tell dicky V to "calm down" as they were fading away?

15. chinese

chinese Member

He is very very impressive, like a young KG to me.
    He will be good in NBA.
    But someone suggesting trade Yao for him? No
    way at all.
    Tell me I am in love with Yao.

16. Timing

Timing Member

Honestly I don't think his jumper was off, they showed a graphic that he's shooting 40% for the season. That's not good. Otherwise, he looked like he had great instincts and a super quick Desmond Mason type leaping ability. Who knows if he'll continue to improve but if he does then he could be a real force one day.

17. drapg

drapg Member

Hearing Vitale and Walton drool all over the kid was way over the top for me. Sure he looked great, but they are supposed to be objective commentators. Doh. We're talking about Vitale and Walton... never mind.

18. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Just what the NBA needs...another slam dunk artist who can't shoot a jumper.

I hope he was just having a bad night as far as his jumper goes.

19. Summer Song Giver

Drapg, those guys were there ONLY FOR LEBRON, I think their drooling was well justified in this case(ok, Dick Vitale was a little over the top but that's just him(I starting to like Bill Walton a little bit, he is very knowledgable and has gotten away from being the jackass who dogged the Rox at every chance he got )).

I wish Lebron the very best, the talent is there no question. Hopefully he will heed his own device and just try to be the best Lebron James he can be. Hopefully he gives himself every oppurtunity to maxiimize his talent. Good luck Lebron.

20. cujo

cujo Member

Lebron is definitely good. I was impressed at his unselfishness. Most kids at his age would showboat , but he didn't. At the end of the game with the victory in hand, he could have isolated and take it to the hole, but he chose not to. I also liked his interviews. At 17, he knows how to talk to the media better than alot of NBA players. He didn't seem cocky to me. This kid is for real. Can't wait til next year.