1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron James' game on espn2

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by NJRocket, Dec 11, 2002.

1. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

For those of you who are interested, ESPN2 is televising Lebron James' game tomorrow night at 7:30 PM.

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing him play.

I hope this is the right forum for this..if not, my bad.

2. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

I would like to see if he is the real deal. He will be in Houston at the end of the month.

3. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Is he playing at that Academy tourney?

4. drapg

drapg Member

I have been looking forward to this for a while now.

I actually feel ashamed to say it because I'm the world's biggest advocate of high school students at least GOING to college before becoming professional athletes. God forbid they actually stay to obtain a degree.

Just call me another mindless victim of the media hype.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What's the point of going to college when you're 18 when you can make millions and millions.

If someone told you when you graduated high school that you could have a check for $5 million if you waited to go to college, you wouldn't take it? Even if you wouldn't, can you really blame someone for taking it?

6. drapg

drapg Member

Well, I might take it because I know the value of a dollar and would put about 95% of that into savings. But of course I value a college degree quite a bit, because even though I have the money with the 5 million dollar check, what else do I have? What do I do with my time? After sitting home for the entire year of 2002, I know the value and desire of being a productive citizen and having something to do when you wake up in the morning, besides running and watching ESPN999 all day.

But based on the past observations of NBA players' spending habits, the average 18-year old going straight to the pro's would probably end up spending that money within a few years. Now if he sustains a career ending injury in the middle of that guaranteed 1st round contract, what next? what does this guy do for the next 60 years of his life?

go back to college and get a degree? I don't know. It gets much tougher to go back to school once you've got it in your mind that you're done with it.

7. drapg

drapg Member

That's not even mentioning the kids like Korleone Young and the countless others that end up bouncing around leagues in Europe and the likes of Sioux City Falls Hicksville, Tennessee

8. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

No, actually his school is not. I head at one time they were trying to get them here. Oakhill (the team they are playing tomorrow) will be here. Sorry about that. I was looking forward to going if he were coming here.

9. mduke

mduke Member

Hmm, I'll have to TiVo it.

10. drapg

drapg Member

bump.

If you're a sports fan, this is a must see.

11. Frylock

Frylock Member

Its going to be badass cant wait for the game!

12. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Let the hype begin...this should be sickening with Vitale drooling all over him tonight.

13. Timing

Timing Member

With great shame and embarrassment, I have decided to watch this game. I hope he plays well.

14. drapg

drapg Member

what are those white things on his arms?

15. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

People go to college to get an education and to eventually get a good job. Isn't making millions of dollars playing basketball a good job? He is going to sign a $25 million shoe deal. That has him set for life already.

16. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I'm thinking it's to hide tatoos.

17. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I love the game so far....just because of ESPN. I hope he bombs tonight and makes ESPN foolish for airing this game.

I'm not doubting his skills but what kind of players does he play against during the regular season?

18. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

His shot is off a little so far, but Oak Hill is just focusing on him.

19. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

They just said that they are to cover up tatoos, because that is the rule in his high school.

20. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

These coaches dress too nice for high school. I wonder what kind of under the table money they are receiving?