1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IF Yao is drafted by Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coolpet, Dec 12, 2002.

1. coolpet

coolpet Member

I think Yao will not be as sucess as he is in Houston right now, he will be another 3 pointer shooter.

2. verse

verse Contributing Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

:D

ROTFLMm'fnAO!!!!!!!!!!

3. Shark Rocket

Shark Rocket Member

Then Dallas will reign the league for the next ten years.

We will have to hear, Mavs did it again! The tenth Championship in a row! The greatest team ever! Then Yao, Dirk, Nash will be considered the best ever trio in bb history.

4. walterw

walterw Member

We would have been doomed then.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You mean if he's drafted in the 2003 draft?

Hmm, I think David Stern would get really confused when he steps up to the podium and sees that Dallas wants to draft Yao!

:p

6. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Were you reading The Mavs board?? They had a thread like this. Talking about Yao might be more successful there than here with Rudy. It was funny, I was reading it not to long ago.

But I dout it. Who would use him as just another 3 point shooter?
    It wouldn't make much sense.

Blatz

7. Shrimpie

Shrimpie Member

Wow, imagine a line-up of Yao, Lafrentz(sp), Dirk, Nick and Nash. Nash drives and the defense collapses. He either dishes to Yao which means two points plus a foul or to Dirk at the corner and that is wide open 3 or to Nick somewhere else another wide open 3. That is sick. And, not to mention a more effective zone defense with Bradley replaced by Yao.

I don't know what to say :)

Shrimpie

8. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I think the Rockets could still be doomed, well, if Kidd joins Duncan in San Antonio. That combo would be unbelievelably good. Man, that cannot happen!!!! The Spurs do well enough against the Rockets with Duncan alone.

Spurs are due for a long period of sucking.

9. zebra

zebra Member

Dallas desperately needs a post player. If they had a legit one, they wouldn't have blown that huge lead to the Lakers. I think if they would have seen all the post moves Ming already has, and his knack for offensive rebounds, they will plant his butt in the paint, especially with all the shooters they have. They will occasionally have him in the high post to draw out the other teams shot blockers. But to think he'll just stay in the 3 point line and jack up threes doesn't really make too much sense. I'm here in the west coast and remember when Nelson coached the Warriors and they had Webber for that one year. He left him in the post.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

ummm:rolleyes:
    uhhhh::rolleyes:
    the point of this? any team with Yao would be getting better...

11. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

If Dirk was in Houston......:rolleyes:

12. GreatProgrammer

i wonder if anyone know Kings fan bbs, i wanna take a look there. :D

13. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

If LeBron James went to UT :rolleyes:

14. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Look at the way Dallas lost to Spurs, they desperately need a solid post player. Spurs just killed them in the paint. No matter how many regular season games that you won, it all does not matter in the play off.

It was funny in the half-time report of the Spurs-Dallas game, the reporter was showing off all the cameras in the arena, as well as the TV Mark Cuban is watching. Amazingly, he was watching Ming in the Kings-Rockets game :D

15. coolpet

coolpet Member

you mean just before he start to watch Dabbie does dallas?

16. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Yeah I think it is before the game, even though it is aired at half time.