1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jbasket, Feb 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

In before Lin haters using this one game sample as proof as to why Lin will now go back to the D League because he was just a "system" player lol

That said though, I have always though Baron is the better pure PG and ball handler, and that perhaps he should be starting simply because of his chemistry with Melo and Stat. I still think Lin is better but its obvious that for that BD is much comfortable with those two guys. Lin is better off playing with the bench guys that gives him the spacing to use his quickness and creativity to attack the basket and also kick and draw.

2. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Next time coach should slap his face if he go for the homerun pass and turns the ball over again.

Actually not a bad idea to ask Lin coming off bench. I think it will happen soon.

He works better with second unit.

3. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Ironically its been his homerun passes the length of the court that has resulted in most of his assists tonight and in some of the games recently.

Whereas before most of assists came off running the PnR with Chandler/Jeffries and kicking out to Novak.

He has excellent vision and good instincts, but he is still not quite a polished passer as even BD yet. He hasn't developed the ability to predict 1-2 moves ahead and that's why he hesitates sometimes when the lane isn't open.

He should spend a lot of free offseason popping in Steve Nash/Rondo tapes and atleast get something from that, although those guys have elite court vision and passing skills that you develop from very early in their career.

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He's nothing more then a backup PG.

I've criticized mayweather as much as I have Pac btw but that has nothing to do with this.

Way to attempt to make it racist because one of your heros isn't what you thought he was

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He's had good games and bad games. Far more good than bad.
    You don't lead your hopeless team to a seven-game win streak from the dead as a backup PG.

His ego just got crushed by Melo. That's all that has happened thus far.

6. King1

True, but he's not a starting NBA PG on a good team. He's a good kid with a good story who can likely hand around the league for a while as a solid backup. There's nothing wrong with that.
    Willie Burton scored 50 points in an NBA game. Harold Minor was "Baby Jordan"...it happens

No it didn't. I give Lin more credit then haveining his ego crushed by the likes of Carmelo Anthony. Teams are just adjusting to him

7. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

He is basically still a rookie.. Lets not say he is a Harold Minor yet.

8. King1

I was talking about in terms of unwarranted hype. The positive press as a person and good story was warranted, as a player not so much

9. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Wow Linsanity is discounted because they beat weak teams (and excuses why LA and Dallas didn't really count either) then they beat the hapless Blazers and its all the proof in the world. Not to mention you know Melo was actually going to try tonight end to end of all games.

10. liunatic

liunatic Member

Effort is key....doubt they will be able to keep this type of effort up consistently. No defense to fall back on, and we have yet to see an offensive scheme that works for their best players...

11. langal

langal Contributing Member

how come ricky rubio doesn't get this much flak after a bad game?

reminds me of something Lin said - that he has to prove himself to everyone EVERY game because of race. One bad game and you are out. Legler said in an interview once that he faced similar problems from various coaches since he was a white guard. being Asian is just that much harder.

reminds me a bit of Doug Williams actually.

12. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Jeremy Lin ‏ @JLin7

13. redao

redao Member

Feel sorry for the racists. that's all.

14. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

I'd say he's better than Derek Fisher or Old Jason Kidd.

15. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

if d'antoni was the coach, maybe. no way brown or carlisle starts lin with his 5 TOs a game.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Irving had 8 tos tonight in a loss against the Bucks. He shot well though.

17. King1

He's defnitely better then Fisher is now

18. King1

So if someone is critical of Jeremy Lin then they're a racist? Great logic there.

19. esteban

esteban Member

Welcome to 2008!

Barry Soetoro

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

No. But there are some obvious ones like GlenRice.

Also a fair degree of prejudice does occur when judging Asian basketball players initially. Like the fact that you'd usually assume a black guy would be 10x better than an Asian dude in the NBA.

No matter how well Jeremy played in college and in the D-League none of that transferred because his Asian ethnicity was enough to give him a bad first impression. Each level of basketball (high school, college, etc.) he faced this.