1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

CBS Sports: Rockets the most serious "rental" team pursuing Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 13, 2012.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Howard is detemined to go to NJ. I say we facilitate the deal getting Kris Hump and the pick.

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

what everyone has failed to mention is the possibility of stockholm syndrome.

3. stefanb

stefanb Member

Funny thing is, people in Brooklyn can't stand the idea of there being the Brooklyn nets. They knocked down half of a neighborhood just to build parking for the arena. Most Brooklynites will tell you f#!% the nets! It's a principle thing. That arena is encroaching on Brooklyn neighborhoods. It's a sad thing to watch really. There were numerous protests, look it up. That Russian is just another scumbag real estate mogul ruining this country with ugly lifeless glass structures in place of beautiful brick buildings with tangible life going on. Gentrification is BIG business these days. Coming to a neighborhood near you.

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

He wants NJ so bad he doesn't want them to trade for hime ge doesn't want them to gut the whole team to get him.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

it is no robbery or kidnapping because Orlando has to agree....

If he goes in free agency.... he just moves on from his former life.

1 person likes this.
  6. Spooner

Spooner Member

7. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

the photoshop ideas I'm getting from this post have some potential...

ghost: svg is demi moore dwight is the swayz pottery scene.

poltergeist: the static tube is morey reaching for the innocent dwight.

ruthless people: dwight is bette midler, lowry and morey are the kidnappers, danny devito is otis smith.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

May the Rocks have a Happy ending.... love those above

10. J-Smoove

J-Smoove Member

Guys... Our bench is being terrible for a reason.
    Trade for Dwight, have our Bench become starters and POOF!
    Playoff team...
    Next year he leaves us and were left with our bench as our starters!
    Jonny Flynn
    Twill
    MarcusM
    Thabeet
    Dwight
    ^ Twin Towers.
    [ I hope you guys realize this is sarcasm. ]

11. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

so your saying that Lowrey Dragic Lee Martin Parsons budinger hill scola and dalembert are gonna be traded... sorry but you lost your mind

12. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

oh and i forgot patterson... sorry but we have a deep team where we will still be good if we trade for dwight and top of that we will have so much money to sign for another star player.. i know people would come play for the rockets with D-Howard

13. Damion Laverne

TERRIBLE sarcasm at that.

14. J-Smoove

J-Smoove Member

I was being sarcastic, by bringing out our not so talented players.
    And if we trade for Dwight it would be a "Rental." for half a season.
    He won't resign with us, he even pointed out the teams he preferred and we weren't one of them, were we?
    In the end we would probably lose our NYK Pick, Martin, Scola, and possibly Dragic.
    Lose Courtney Lee and others to FA.
    Have nothing to build around... Tank 2013 Season.. Fire Morey.. Les sells Rockets Franchise.. Rockets will be renamed to Jets.. <--- REBUILD LIKE OKC.

15. J-Smoove

J-Smoove Member

But hey this is just my guess...
    No need to point fingers. :rolleyes: :cool:

16. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I am sure when the Rockets do a minor trade or stand pat, Morey will come out with a statement claiming he did everything he could to get Howard so we should be patient until the off-season for a big splash. There's no way a trade between us and the Magic will happen, unless they want to piss the guy off after his comments.

17. sw847

sw847 Member

seriously I am tired of all these trade talks...really looking forward to the next few days going by quickly so we can get on with the season.

Like the poster above me have said, I highly doubt we have a 'splash' of a trade that would improve us greatly, we would probably stay as a mediocre team for the rest of the season.

I say screw the playoffs, break up the team for picks/young talent and tank next season. we are not gonna do anything with a kamen or wallace type player.

the past few seasons have shown that the rox are not gonna rebuild through trades...ONLY other option is draft...

a little off topic but renting howard is not a good idea IMO

18. Burko

Burko Member

Morey showed his ambition with the veto'd trade.

Hold tight, I'm sure he is working on something.

if it doesn't happen, we are well placed to go for FA.

19. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Two things I see here, 1 Howard is just a rental. There is nothing about Howard that makes me think he would ever stay with Houston. The only slim chance I see is if we make it to the finals with him. That might influence him somewhat but I doubt even that will entice him enough to stay. So he is definitely a rental but not just any rental. He is rental with value after the rental is over. That's what has me intrigued by this. It's like buying a nice painting to put in your rent property after the rental your painting still has value.

Why can I be so certain. Because no matter what Howard may say it takes a lot of character to walk away leaving millions on the table. And make no mistake about it Howard does not have that type of character. Howard wants Max dollars. He may threat to sign straight up with some other team but he will never do it. Howard has an ego as big as anyone in the league. He wants fame and fortune. Not one or the other. He wants both and he wants that extra guaranteed year along with all that extra guaranteed money. He is not about to leave that on the table!

So what does that mean for us. The Nets will have to give up some assets to get Howard. What assets? Just look at what Denver for Anthony some solid young player and picks. You can start off with Brook Lopez and returning our first pick. Add their 2012 and Brooks and you got a deal.

So the key here is what do we have to give up. I can assure you the Magic would want both of our 2012 draft picks and yes we can trade ours even if it's owned by the Nets because we can add a trade clause saying first allowable. The Magic will also want youth, maybe Patterson or Bud or even Parsons; they'll take Dalembert for a serviceable big and might even want Lee as good measure. Not sure exactly what we lose but you have to ask yourself, what would you be willing to give up at a crack at Dwight howard knowing at a minimum you get back Lopez and a couple of first. To me that makes the risk more bearable.

#199 Old Man Rock, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Why would they give a crap whether they make Howard angry? They know he plans to leave after the season and is just stringing them along so his eventual team doesn't have to give up good players to get him.