1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring in Wang zhizhi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by user, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Jeffshi

Jeffshi Member

No, thanks,

Wang has some talent, but he is too selfish to get along with Yao, I bet he is now so jealous of the successs of Ming Dynasty, because he was China's NO.1 several years ago. Wang growed up in an army team with introverted culture, totally different from Yao's personality, who is from an open big city.

Bring him in could only make team play worse. But I prefer signing Mengke Bateer as Yao's backup and good friend, then we can trade Cato for a qualified PF, such as Kurt Thomas.

2. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

wang is not cheap. he just signed a contract for $12 M

3. YaoROY

YaoROY Member

No thanks.

He's been here for 2 years, and he still can't play D. He can't hit a few 3 pointers, but if a big man can't play D it's useless.

4. user

user Member

Wang's contract is 6Mil for 3 years. He is cheap.

He got no support from his teammate and coach in Clippers and Dallas because he is cheap. waste 2mil a year on a play in NBA is nothing.

For Yao, he costs a #1 pick and tens of millions. You'd better give all the support he need to develope. Wang is stupid to sign with Clipper at such a low price. He lost respect from others and confident from himself. But he does has what it took to make him a star, not a superstar though.

Yao's development is much faster from day one. Yao is much smarter. Maybe because Yao is surrounded with capitalist while Wang is surrounded with military personels. :p

5. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Wamg=missed oppurtuniry, wasted talent (although fatally flawed in parts (defense)), and unsecure personality.

6. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

ehhhh. I'm going to have to pass. He would just block up minutes from our other players that can already do the same jobs as Zhi Zhi, probablly better.

7. JamesC

JamesC Member

How many threads about bringing in Wang are there gonna be? Wang isnt that good of a player by NBA standards and we flat out dont need or have any use for him.

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

We don't need Wang. Add more to the logjam we have. Great!

9. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

6M for Wang is overpaid.
    he won't get any contract again in NBA.
    back to BaiYi and win the CBA champion.

2 years still means no chance???
    Wang really sucks and he maybe still believe he plays better than Yao and Bateer.

10. joe the joker

joe the joker Member

I know your feeling as I am also a Chinese...But what ROX needs at 4 is some muscleman,I always believe.
    Have you ever seen Wang struggled for any rebounds or defended with full energy?Just shooting passively?Oh no,there are already plenty of black holes here in the ROX.

BTW,I am a good front in my U and can be much cheaper than Wang.Can this be a good reason for the ROX to pick me?:p

11. airforce

airforce Member

Wang sucks, we dont need a sucker. As a sucker he is not cheap.

12. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

13. ckfol

ckfol Member

Come on Guys, let's not bash on Wang. I saw him play against Yao in Shanghai during the 2000 CBA finals against Yao. Wang Zhi Zhi outplayed Yao during the series. He's a natural shooter with decent shot blocking ability. So far in the NBA, Wang just haven't got a chance to showcase his skill in Dallas or L.A. In the right system that utilize his skills, he can flourish. I think he can be perfect in Houston. With Wang setting up outside, Yao will have the perfect kickout partner who can knock down all those 3 pointers ala Robert Horry (the guy has 5 rings, 2 with Houston and 3 with Lakers).

14. holey_billy

holey_billy Member

Wang can be brilliant, but still useless for Rockets. Wang simply can't handle the situation that Yao got all the glory .

15. Nova

Nova Member

No.. no.. and no. We got good ppl on this team. Trading for Wang would be like.. trading downwards. Anyways, this team can do better than get Wang..... if you're gonna make a trade thread, at least have it make sense and benefit the team... actually, let's stop with the trade threads. This is getting ridiculous. No more bring Wang in. Don't need him, don't want him.

16. user

user Member

Wang sucks is the exactly the reason you trade him. You won't got a good PF this day without cost a leg and arm. Since he sucks now, you can get him. You will not get Tim Duncan, however good he is. I am sorry.

You have to dig into the reason why he sucked. No cache paid attention to him. No self confident because no one respected him. He just need someone to bring him into the system.

I am sorry but Rocket is not a contender this year and next time you see KT throw bricks, don't complain. No forward in Rocket can score.

End of thread.

17. never

never Member

NO Wang.
    Although I am Chinese from Taiwan, still i don't agree to get Wang.
    1. He looks dumb
    2. He looks dumb
    3. He looks dumb
    Why not consider the future Chinese star "Yi" Everyone is talking about him now....He is only 15 and talent.

18. user

user Member

Because ....

You cannot get him!!

He is the next #1 pick at center position. Rockets will be a playoff team next few years.

Yes, rockets should bring in top PF but no way you can have more than 2 superstars in a team unless you are Dallas Mavericks.

Duncan looks dumb to me, oh and that Ewing dude. Wang is just soft. His body is not soft, it's a mentality thing. He's not like that back in China, otherwise, he won't lead team to titles after titles.

19. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Good god, your English is worse than Yao's. What did you just say?

20. Possum

Possum Member

It's more like Wang or Collier' hmm..:) ;) :D