1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

March 15th Trade Deadline Countdown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Feb 25, 2012.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]Look for the Rockets to have a busy week as well, with free-agents-to-be Courtney Lee, Chase Budinger, Jonny Flynn and Terrence Williams among those who would likely welcome a trade. Because Houston has been so deliberate about clearing salary cap space for this summer, most of its young players aren't considered part of the team's future and would prefer to go elsewhere for more money. Point guard Goran Dragic is not expected to be re-signed this summer and could also be on the move.

As for the team's core, shooting guard Kevin Martin and forward Luis Scola -- who were nearly traded to NBA-owned Hornets in the Chris Paul deal with the Lakers that was vetoed by the commissioner David Stern -- remain in the mix for possible deals for Howard or Lakers forward Pau Gasol. Martin is hardly helping his trade stock, as he has averaged just 6.5 points in the last four games while averaging just 17.5 minutes in the last three games. Martin's scoring has dipped from 23.5 points per game in 2010-11 to 17.1 this season, while his Player Efficiency Rating has nose-dived, from 21.4 to 16.9. He is shooting just 41.3 percent from the field and 34.7 percent from three-point range.[/rquoter]

At least 1/3 of the team would welcome a trade :p

2. Convictedstupid

Pretty sure the team option on Bud's contract doesn't have to be decided till summer. Which I assume we're picking up.

3. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

ugh, it seems like nothing is happening. maybe i'm just impatient.

4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

We still have 3 days left! However, I am feeling the same way... Something has to happen though.

5. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

yep, agreed.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't want to cheer for MOREY to make a trade....I want to cheer for the HOUSTON ROCKETS team.

Right now, that sucks....

All we do is wait for trades at the deadline, trades in the summer....what a joke that is as a fan.

DD

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Morey is doing the best he can working under the constraints Les gives him. It's painful and it sux but it is what it is. I'm kinda like Bobby Knight right now. WHen .... is inevitable, might as well sit back and enjoy it. I'm just hoping we can be forced into a rebuild if we can't acquire Dwight/DWill

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

So in any trade discussion you have to have a value placed on the assets. The only currency that can apply is the draft pick we would get in return.

Worth a top 10 pick - DMo, Lowry (but maybe not given the questions around his health).

Worth a 1st round pick - NY 2012 pick (by definition), Parsons

Worth a second round pick - Scola, Martin, Lee, Bud, PPat, MM

Worth a smelly jock strap - everything else except for Dally and our possible 2012 pick if we miss the playoffs.

9. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

Morey doesn't do trades till the last day if you have noticed from the last couple of years. Also something will happen, Morey always does something every year.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Oh, how easy it must be for you to forget the plans Morey had destroyed by Stern but you have your motives and bias.

11. gah

gah Member

Reality check: Off the court, trades gather the most interest in most fan bases in most sports. Deal with it. Even fans of the elite teams want to look for new shiny objects, it's just human nature.

12. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Wow you do like to complain alot.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

For which other posters give him lots of green bars next to his name!!!! :eek:

14. Mr_Mean

Mr_Mean Member

15. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Relax.

16. Know Your Role

I'm with this. I'm assuming we will make a deadline deal or three and end up with something marginally better than what we have. But with no future options it is becoming tough to be a fan. I won't give up on the Rockets but man does it hurt watching right now. Very little toughness or fire since the All Star Break. What I hope for is gutting the roster for bigger players and draft picks. Who? I don't really care, my only requirement is that they are strong, tall, and won't allow twolves to step on them and get away with it.

That was the lowest point I've had as a fan since the Lakers series. No excuse for scola letting that go. None. We don't have room on the Rockets for nice guys anymore. It's time for the Rockets to get mean and it's time for coach to show em how its done. Furthermore it's time for Morey to find some players Mchale can hone into a dirty lock down defensive squad.

17. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

19. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

I call that "the quantity over quality effect".

20. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Are you kidding me? 4-1/2 days at the tradeline is like, six months in dog years.