1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

4th seed!!!......but who could we upset?????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketboyz1, Feb 28, 2012.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

First Round teams we would want to avoid: Clippers, Thunder, Memphis (at full strength), Denver (at full strength), and Lakers. Even with the Lakers kind of faltering this year, they are a nightmare for the Rockets. That front-line is too formidable, and they have Kobe.

I know some do not want to hear this, but the Rockets would probably be a team that other playoff contenders would want to play. Most teams with a good frontline or a good roster depth shouldn't have much problems with us.

If this team had Yao Ming (healthy) or even a better bench, it would be a bit easier to pick them against better teams.

Moreover, the season is far from over with some posters are talking as if we are locked into the 4th or 5th seed, when the Lakers, Grizzlies, Nuggets, Trailblazers, and T-Wolves are sitting right behind us with 3 games or less. No season series is over with, except the T-Wolves.

We have a better record than Nuggets, Trailblazers, Grizzlies, and T-Wolves. At best, any of those teams in a playoff series would be toss-up. Two of those teams we haven't really played at full strength, while one has completely owned us in a season series.

2. PooleBoi7

PooleBoi7 Member

Dude....for there to be so many Rockets fans on this thread...ya'll sure do hate on the team alot. 1st, everybody said they hated McHale...then everybody said tank because we lost our first 2 games...then everybody wanted that Fossil Gasol...he should be writing his will in the next few years....now we're in 4th place, and everybody still hates?!?! Why won't ya'll go cheer for the Bobcats.

3. VBG

VBG Member

Constantly saying the Rockets will be a 10th seed and how their wins are lucky and how everyone except Lowry sucks is not being realistic.

It's being pessimistic.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

If I were not a rabid fan, I wouldn't be here, nor would most others. This is a fan site for those who really, really care about the Rockets. However, some of us are are very, very tired. It has been a loooooooooooooong time since the Rockets were relevant. The Francis era was fool's gold, all flash and no substance. That team scared no one. The Yao/TMac era was doomed from the git go. Both had a propensity for serious injury. And now a valiant, scrappy team of bench players. Yes, Lowry is a surprise, but since the Gasol fiasco, K-Mart and Scola have been de motivated, shadows of their former selves. Despite the record, despite the current standings, most know where this is going to end up. Yes, a blockbuster trade could happen, but how? It just seems to some of us, the organization has lost its way. Currently, we are not even getting our periodical pep talks from Les or Morey. Even the spin machine has grinded to a halt. There hasn't been a real sense of expectation or excitement around this place in a long time. I wish it were different, I really do. Personally, I would like to see a new owner and management team.

And, yes, I feel for the players. They are trying so hard. Well, some of them are. I love them and wish them well. It is a "fruit basket" turnover situation, and most won't be here long.

#84 solid, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

We are like Atlanta, Denver and Philly. Good regular season team but getting beat up in playoffs.

6. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Weird how last time we went to the playoffs, we nearly upset the Lakers with all of our bigs and max-salary swing injured.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I hope to stay at 4 and the lakers at 5....i have a feeling bynum is going to go down or at least be in pain later this season and into the playoffs. Odom always gave us trouble, but without him and an injured Bynum, we can definitely win. We'd take it to them either way, though, especially with home court.

8. dd89

dd89 Member

We just got blown out by the starless Jazz. Can you repeat what you just said?

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It was just one game.:rolleyes: Happens a lot in the league. They will bounce back tomorrow.

10. dd89

dd89 Member

who could we upset? how about ourselves.

like Kenny and Charles said on TNT OT, any team outside of the top 5 can make the playoffs or be out of it. Be honest with yourselves, the Rockets are definitely not going to place ahead of OKC, SA, LAL, Mavs or Clips. Still half a season left and I think we're headed towards a major dissapointment yet again: 9th place. Muck Forey and the 09'ers. Damn paracites.

11. jocar

jocar Member

Uhoh, 7th seed, and falling fast!!!

EJECT!! EJECT!!!

[​IMG]
    [1962-1986] R.I.P.

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

My thing is that I am not trying to tear the Rockets down at all, because I do not think some posters realize how good some of the teams behind us are. Briefly, we were ahead of LA and if things stay as they did, then we would've played them in the first round of the playoffs. Awful matchup for us. Poor rebounding team against a really good front line, while we really do not have the depth to beat them, like Dallas did or give them a series like 2009.

ALot of posters were notably upset last night about losing to Denver, especially since they are missing 3 players. Essentially, we lost to a weaker version, but they are still a really good team. Though, I have to say at full strength Denver is one of the toughest teams in the West, considering they lack Nene, Gallanari, and Chandler right now. The Nuggets are an unusual type team that could make a trade for a really good player and not severely effect their depth. Realistically, they could have a shot at beating a team, like the Clippers, Lakers, or even Thunder.

For the rest of the season, we only have 12 games against teams under .500, while Phoenix and Golden State are sitting in those games as well. 17 left against teams at .500 above, as 10 of those games are on the road.

We have to keep our eyes on Portland, Minnesota, and even Utah. These are solid, competitive teams.

Any 4th seed talk is very premature.