1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Chinese come in please

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by adong, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Yao Ming Fan #1

Yao Ming Fan #1 Contributing Member

I am a Chinese American in Sacramento. I am a King's fan. I also love Yao Ming. Hope he play well tonight.

2. feishen

feishen Member

From Shanghai, live in LA now. Yao Ming made me forget about the Lakers, which was my favriote team. I ordered league pass just to watch Rocket's game. I am addicted to NBA now becuase of Ming. I was just a casual NBA fan, only watched NBA on NBC. I think Mr Stern would llove to hear this.

3. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

I'm a white guy from America, for what it's worth.

Welcome to all the new posters...don't let the language barrier keep you from posting, because even us cultureless Americans are pretty used to reading broken English...hell, we break it ourselves everyday; so no matter how bad your English is, it's probably not any worse than some of this Yankee talk I have to read on this here board all the time:D

4. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

im not chinese but im vietnamese....

5. Shark Rocket

Shark Rocket Member

Chengdu.

But presently racking my brain in California...:D :D :D

6. NetsFan2002

NetsFan2002 Member

vietnamese? What is your last name?
    Nguyen?
    I have three vietnamese friends , their last names are all Nguyen
    :)

7. yaoyao

yaoyao Member

I am a Chinese and living in Philly now.
    YM makes me lose interest in 76ers.
    Hope AI and YM can play each other in NBA Finals.

8. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Any YAO MING/(Rockets) fans that would like to see what measuring stick we all hold Yao up to should check this video out...

Great Video Here

9. Montrealjumpman

Moving myself from Shanghai to Montreal this summer, I found I am now closer to NBA. I plan a trip on March 5th to Toronto for Rockets' game vs Raptors, and that gonna be my very first NBA game in person. My dream is to see a whole China National Team playing here in the league someday (hope not too faraway from now)!

For Rockets, you US guys, never underestimate Chinese's understanding on basketball, actually my first NBA TV experience started from 1993 Bulls' NBA final with Suns. With MJ's first retirement (allow me to say this, but I really hope there would be a final between Hakeem and MJ), I found the next favorite team (sorry, guys, MJ is my favorite)-Rockets, still remember all those line up names: Horry, Kenny, Maxwel, Sam, Eyle. Knicks at that time was playing in an ugly way (do they always?), bang, Htown got his first easily. Then came the combo of young Shaq and Penny, will never forget the 4 FTs Nick Anderson missed in the first game of that year's final. Then in an off night for nearly everyone, Sam stepped out and took the game with his 31 points in Game 4, what a crazy kid he was at that time!!! Lots of memories on Rockets. But when Rockets sent Hakeen out to Toronto, I found it unbelievable, maybe I don't know the whole story, but that action is just brutal!! Have to say one thing, we Chinese love Yao for sure, but many of them are becoming Rockets fans too, let's forget business, all we need now is Playoff, more realisitc 2nd round (I hate to have the fate of Twolves), then if we have enough chemistry, Conference final. Yao is only a player, without a team he will never succeed, I would rather he ends up with only 12 points 15 rebounds 4 assists and 3 blocks but Rockets win all the way to Conference final, but we are lucky, he is never so greedy!

10. kwik_e_mart

kwik_e_mart Member

Agreed... most of these are lurkers...

BTW, I am born in HK and livin' in Vancouver

How many times am I saying this over and over again???

11. axmpo

axmpo Member

DallasThomas:

That was some awesome video. Wish Dream had had the chance to play MJ in 94-95.

Anyway, I think I'll have to put my expectations in check here. As long as Yao Ming can help the Rockets to win championship(s), I'll be fine with whatever kind of player he'll turn out to be.

Cheers.

A Chinese in NYC.

12. axmpo

axmpo Member

Not true.

I'll support Yao Ming as long as he remains a decent human being, but I'll be very, very disappointed with him if he doesn't help the Rockets win championship(s).

A Chinese in NYC.

Heypartner:

You've sounded like the spokesman for the Rockets these days. What's going on? ;)

13. lavarock

lavarock Contributing Member

Not really, most chinese posters here are posting from an american school (mostly they are graduate students, of couse there are exceptions). The only way clutch can get a count is from ip address and the number will not turned up right.

BTW, i am from Shanghai:D

14. adong

adong Member

We love Yao for sure, and many of us are becoming Rockets fans too.There are so many rocket's TV live in China.We also can see FRANCIS,MOBLEY,RUDY T......And most of us know the history of rocket,know Hakeem & Barkley.

Maybe I'm not a professional NBA fans and with broken English,but I am really love this games and want to communicate with every rocket fans.

The macth of rocket vs kings is beginning while I post.
    GOGO!!Rocket ,beat kings

15. Panda

Panda Member

Made in China.

Any Chinese Mei Mei here? ;)

16. freebob

freebob New Member

17. zywin

zywin Member

From ZiGong,SiChuan

18. zld

zld New Member

just registering , and from shanghai

19. audi007

audi007 Member

me, from and still in Beijing!!!
    What makes me unhappy is that I cannot see the live TV of the Rock's match!!!!:(

:D

20. XQDIll

XQDIll Member

I am Shanghaiese

Anybody asked who's live near FUDAN university just now?
    yes, I am!