1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets retro jerseys / colors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BossHogg713, Feb 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I notice they like to wear these a lot during big events instead of the current jerseys. Showed again tonight. A lot of the teams have gone back to the old school look. Is this a sign that the Rockets jersey change is coming ? (Red & Yellow)

2. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I wasn't looking too hard, but it looked like our alternatives.

3. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I meant to put alternatives but still that old school color.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Only if Yao Ming was out there they would have had the "Chinese takeout" jerseys aka the current home/road jerseys. :p Maybe they wore them because of Kenny Smith?

But no, I don't think this is a sign of anything.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't understand why didn't give the old-school players their respective old-school jerseys in the Haier Shooting Stars contest....

6. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

They should go back to the old ones. You see the Bulls, Lakers, and Celtics wearing their classic ones. They look great. The ones we have now are so much better than the pajamas of the late 90's. Those were the worst uniforms ever. Not worst in the NBA but worst in the history of mankind.

7. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Unless you count the 2013 Astros unis with the American League patch.

8. Games6&7in94

Games6&7in94 Member

Except that the ones they have now are the worst in the NBA. So they went from the worst uni's ever to the worst uni's in the NBA.

Rockets uni's are horrendous.

9. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

IMO, the current one are ok. Nothing special but could be worse. At least the colors are almost right. Where the hell they got the navy blue for the pajamas was a mystery. And what team changes it's unis coming off back-to-back chanpionships? Or was it one year later?

10. okguy456

okguy456 Contributing Member

i hope they go back to the ketchup and mustard. they look so much better and it seems alot of people are for it. i feel they would sell much better too. maybe they should switch to them to coincide with the astros uniform change?

11. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

I'd say a refresh to the uni's are coming within the 2 years.

I'd love to see the Rockets do what the Sixers, Wizards, and the Pistons have done.

Update the classic.

12. inishi

inishi Member

Do not want

13. thejav

thejav Member

Fixed...

14. okguy456

okguy456 Contributing Member

i know! i really hope that happens

15. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Even the Jazz went to their retro unis.. which I gotta admit is nice. 76ers too. And the Wizards and they're amazing looking imo.

Most the other teams never left their original looks, like Celtics and Lakers. Keep it how it is.

And then there's the Rockets and Pistons.. changed classic looks to horrible modern messes. :(

16. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

So the unis they had on tonight are not retro? Just kinda retro inspired? Those would be better than the current ones and go back to the logo from the championship years.

17. Illegal Machine

The problem with these jerseys.....the shoes are straight off of Ronald McDonald.

18. Illegal Machine