1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Atlanta Hawks: Tracy McGrady fumes over playing time

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SidDaKid, Feb 19, 2012.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Let's not play that "you guys" game. I'm on record the last couple of years wishing him the best and hoping he can transition into a Grant Hill second phase of his career.

I don't chase around McGrady threads needling him/TOF over every DNP or 1-4 shooting night. I don't give anyone grief for liking him.

? People hate him because he played here? How does that make sense? He burned bridges with fans with the way he jerked around the team the last 14 months he was on the squad. There's only one other former Rocket that drew the same level of wrath in Houston: Pippen.

But you (and some others) seem to be quick to look past it. It's been a pattern of behavior that's followed him his entire career. When he was lighting teams up and playing like a top 5 guy, you roll with it. But he seems oblivious to the fact that today he's reduced to a top 250 guy off the bench in a ~400 player league.

He's not T-Mac anymore, he's not a star anymore. He's a contributor off the bench. He's got as much right going to the press complaining about a 4-min night as T-Will does. And that he'd do so while still taking HIMSELF in and out of the lineup on his own prerogative is a bad joke.

Don't tell me you can't play the second game of a back to back but you're insulted if you only play 4 minutes the following game. You're in or you're out. No one else in the league pulls this kind of self-absorbed crap. No one.

2. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

McGrady has the ability to play good this season, his just stuck on a dumbass team thats horrible. Pargo is so bad.

3. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

He should seriously ask for a trade, hopefully Chicago or any other team can make a move for him.

4. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

yeah, any good team that is looking for a first round exit, please call McLady

5. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

i hate the way toronto...er...orlando...er...houston...er...ny...er...detroit...er...atlanta is treating me.

original comment is original.

1 person likes this.
  6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Gets it. Friggin' cry baby [definition]Prima donna[/definition]

- a temperamental person; a person who takes adulation and privileged treatment as a right and reacts with petulance to criticism or inconvenience.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Chicago won't have anything to do with him. They'd be nuts to go after him.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well someone has to polish the Michael Jordan statue in front of the United Center and keep it shiny.

9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I wasn't directing any of what was said to you personally but to all those on top of the matter.

Once again you misunderstood me. When I said that i was referring that because i simplified why people hate on him so much that everyone will tell me "not just because he played here! But because of yada yada yada"

Your telling me Tracy is the only one butthurt about not getting minutes? When he stood up and spoke about his frustration he got bumped up to 22min in the Chi game. This is just getting blown up because he is who he is. Not defending him but just stating so. We all know hes self absorbed.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

No. Don't give me this reputation crap.

He went DIRECTLY to the media and said. He wanted it to be blown up.

"“I’m tired of this [bleep],” McGrady said. “You can put that in the paper, I don’t give a [bleep].”"

Let me explain to you what "You can put that in the paper" means.. Back in the day, everyone read the newspaper, so if you want everyone to know something you "put that in the paper". See?

This is exactly what he did to the Rockets.

http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1515/adelman_i_had_no_idea_t-mac_was_out/

As of this afternoon, Rockets guard Tracy McGrady has reached out to ESPN's Stephen A. Smith to tell the whole world that he's out and will be getting microfracture surgery on his knee, and followed that up by posting on his personal website the same thing -- his season is over.

His employer? They have yet to receive a phone call.

You're just defending him cause you like him as player, not because of the real facts.

#150 tinman, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Yet again mr. tinman quoting his favorite part of the paragraph and beating it to death. Did i not state enough that he is a diva and an attention w****?
    We all understand that. When i say things their not always implied in a point forward matter.
    When we rant or blow up about something in real life obviously people will talk about it but, he meant it in a "i'm not going to be quiet about the matter anymore" situation.
    Not "hey everybody lets gather around here and start busting my chops"
    So what if I like him as a player? Had this been a case about any other player I like you guys wouldn't be this uptight about it.
    All I've been trying to say is you guys just cant wait to catch any little thing about him to further help your case on why hes such a terrible person/player on this and that.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude, I see what you're doing. You're sympathy card is bs dude. you would make the worst poker player. At least the TOFs are pretty straight forward .

Nobody is saying he's a terrible person. You are trying to divert the subject of him calling out the coaching staff via the media.

Rox11, what is the article about? you just defending him cause you are tracy fan, I've seen all of you plenty of times dude.

Nobody created this situation. Coach Drew didn't. Tracy went to the media and created this, look at the damn title of the thread!

Atlanta Hawks: Tracy McGrady fumes over playing time

This is the freaking subject dude. see? that's what emjohn and everyone else who's not worshiping him is talking about. the subject.

Tracy doesn't give a damn about Clutch fans and the NBA Dish dude, so stop with this complete farce that somebody is hurting his feelings.

Going to freaking media to complain about your playing time is definitely a Tracy McGrady thing. This has happened before. You ought to know, you're a fan of his.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Important question: did it work for him? More PT?

14. tinman

Supporting Member

You're making assumptions that all the posters here know this. I use to make that assumption that people here know about Rockets history.

Some of us do, but don't assume all. Especially "these" guys.

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Do you usually just listen to yourself talk or what? You completely neglect everything else i say and focus in on one area and debate. Very classic of you.
    I see the card you pulled there mate. I can just talk bs about Tracy but god forbid i say anything to defend him or else im just "not accepting" :cool:

16. tinman

Supporting Member

you are talking bs. you are doing this "please don't criticize tracy for cursing at the coaching staff to the media"

what the hell is there to debate?? this guy has been going to the media and complaining about his playing time, coaching, team, general manager, etc for years!

I understand what you are trying to do dude.

You want to be Kevin Costner in the Bodyguard, and you want to defend Tracy like he's Whitney Houston.

Guess what? You aren't Kevin Costner, so why the hell are you defending the DIVA??
    [​IMG]

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

dang Tinman.... she is dead... let her rest...good lord.

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Atlanta has become Detroit 2.0. I didn't know Drew was such an idiot. It really seems like he is giving up on wins so that he can rest Tracy and everybody. He is becoming the worst decision maker I have seen.

I just hope they make playoffs but his decisions are killing this team and locker room is becoming a complete garbage I guess

19. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

ROFLMAO!

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Man, it seems every T-Mac thread now has tinman going DD on the thread. :)

Anyway, what I find interesting is how T-Mac can still act like this while making minimum money. Seriously, how much of an ego can you have when you're making only slightly more than rookie 2nd round picks? At least get yourself a MLE contract before you start acting like you can tell the coach to play you.

Tou'd think he'd learned a little humility since his fall from superstardom to NBA minimum land.