1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rose wants Pau

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bewy, Feb 19, 2012.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

See, I don't think you can trade Deng. The Bulls are going to have to worry about LeBron James and Dwyane Wade and as much as they play great team defense, Deng gives them the best option to limit LeBron. They have Ronnie Brewer who is also a pretty good defender but I think you have to keep Deng for his defense considering they'll have to get by Miami if they want to win a ring.

2. Kenny536

Kenny536 Member

I find it really hard to believe that Rose went to management. He isn't that type of player.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

True, but Lebron and Wade are still better inside players than outside shooters. And team defense is much more important than one-on-one defense in the NBA. Clearly, players like Bowen or Battier or Artest in their defensive prime can and do make a difference. And to the extent it comes down to a couple plays here or there, that difference can be meaningful. But while Deng has a much better offensive arsenal than your typical lock-down defender, I don't find him to be that elite one-on-one category.

Gasol makes the Bulls better defensively, imo, and even more-so against a team like the Heat. A defensive line-up with Noah and Gasol plus whomever and wing is more likely to give Lebron/Wade trouble than a defensive line-up of Noah, Boozer and Deng.

just my opinion

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Sorry, i should have been more clear. I meant the request to trade for Pau may hurt team chemistry, not actually acquiring him. It's not likely to happen, so the rumors may just stir up stuff within the team.

Why not? He's been really itching to win a ring...called Isiah to ask him what to do and i think he's spoken to other players also...wants to be a clutch player, etc...his desire to win may be larger than his natural inclination to be soft-spoken.

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

to me i say kobe is blaming other people besides his self

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The biggest news to me out of the article (and I wonder how solid that bit of info is about Pau/Boozer and Rose's desires), was that Rose has had back spasms. I must have missed the news when it happened. Considering what we've gone through with injuries, Bulls fans better pray that it was just a minor muscle strain, and nothing more. Anyone know?

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He's had them in high school before, said they just came and left and he was fine, hoping it's the same thing now...doc said last week it's muscular not structural, which is good news.

1 person likes this.
  8. heartofachamp34

Same thought here. Didn't Sheridan get fired from ESPN? How trustworthy is this guys?

9. heartofachamp34

guy* that is

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks! Not a big deal, then, which is great news for Bulls fans.

11. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

12. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Boozer, Korver and Brewer for Gasol imo.

I am getting tired of hating the Bulls and those 3 are the reasons as to why I have hatred towards that team.

13. lalala902102001

Boozer for Gasol would be a big win for Chicago. There is no way the Lakers would do it.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Rose just needs to wait it out...The only reason stars passed on him and chicago is because of their youth/inexperience. Once he's fought a few more playoffs battles Chicago will have more flexibility and he'll find his other half.

Patience, it'll happen.

[​IMG]