1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin or Lowry: Who would you rather have?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Feb 10, 2012.

?

Lowry or Lin

1. Lowry

72.7%
  2. Lin

27.3%
  1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

...in turnovers

2. amaru

amaru Member

Lowry is better, but Lin is just going off right now. Props to him.

3. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

in pts, asst, court vision, on-court leadership and clutchness as well.

4. BleedRocketsRed

Points/assists could be attributed to the system. Lowry isn't that far behind in assists at a slower pace. Lin is a better scorer though.

Court vision is debatable.

On-court leadership/clutchness, need a larger sample size. Lowry in his own right is pretty clutch as well.

Lowry is a superior defensive player, rebounder, takes better care of the ball, a better overall outside shooter.

5. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I think they're even. Lowry is much more polished but is half as deadly. It's clear what Lowry brings to the table - solid 3pt shooting, a midrange jumper, great ft%, and a bulldog drive into the paint.

Lin's 3pt shooting is less proven, but he is clutch as hell. He gets to the line more shooting subpar, is much better than Lowry at driving to the basket, has better handles and gets the superstar calls.

If you put Lowry in Lin's position, you would not get the same statistics. And before any Lowry fans gets all hot over this claim, remember than Lin is setting new NBA and personal records daily. That's a big assumption to make if you think Lowry can copy Lin, even if it's in D'Antoni's system.

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Lin vs Jazz: 28/8 and 8 turnovers
    Lowry vs Jazz: 32/9 and 1 turnover

7. BleedRocketsRed

Regardless, this thread is stupid.

Who cares about "who is better."

We have Lowry and we need to hope he continues to have more games like he did against the j*zz today.

8. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

Come on!
    This is beyond ridiculous! Who else put up the similar numbers under MDA except Nash?
    And if you can't see Lin is gonna maintain the current form from the limited sample size, it's your problem.

9. Zergling

Zergling Member

Offense is only one side of the court. Lowry is the superior defender and rebounder and is capable of putting up similar offensive stats. Give me Lowry, the better overall player.

10. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

Are you trying to show how childish and uneducated you are?:grin:

11. Margrave

Margrave Member

We should have had them both.

12. BleedRocketsRed

Never said he wouldn't.

I like Lin and hopes he does succeed.

I just don't think that 8 games is enough to say that he is better than Lowry who is considered by experts as an All-Star snub this year.

You are crazy if you do not think that points+assists come from the fast pace of MDA's system. Hell Raymond Felton had career numbers in both categories in NY (not as good as Lin obviously, but still had monster numbers).

Lowry has been leading this team to an overachieving record putting up pretty good numbers (15/8/6 with solid defense is nothing to laugh at). Lin has more upside but I would take that production right now.

Lin has his strong points, Lowry has his.

13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

spookyoldlee is just trolling, try to ignore him.

Lin is a good player, and he has some nice potential. But let's be honest... anyone with that many touches and that much control of the offense is gonna put up nice stats. He definitely has to cut down on the turnovers though. He has 52 in 8 games as a starter. Even Westbrook thinks Lin is turning it over too much...

And Lowry? I'd take him all day. Dude has so much heart and plays his ass off each and every night for the Rox. Not to mention he is a super hard worker and has shown improvement in each season.

14. STR8Thugg

Fixed.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

No doubt. What an awesome tandem that would've been. Sigh. F$&@ David Stern.

16. BleedRocketsRed

During the Rockets 7-game win streak earlier this season.

Lowry put up:
    39.43 MPG
    18.14 PPG on 41.6% FG, 38.89% 3ptFG, 96.77% FT
    7.86 APG to 3.71 TOPG
    7 RPG
    2.14 SPG
    1 Triple-Double

As I mentioned before, Lin is playing great but it is too small a sample size to judge.

17. GreatBigWhale

GreatBigWhale Member

When I read the title I thought this was a joke, can't believe people are serious.

18. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Lin lead his team with Novak and Jeffries that's right.

19. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

everyone keeps under estimating Lin

When MAgic Johnston, Nash and Kidd thinks his real ... then thats it..

When Carmelo /DAvis comes back expect Knicks and Lin to play even better as he doesnt have to play heavy minutes

20. STR8Thugg

I'm pretty sure "everyone" isn't underestimating Lin. Have you watched ESPN in the past two weeks? Have you seen all of the Lin threads on here? WTF are you talking about.... :rolleyes: