1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

is Yao and all-star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smackdaddy, Dec 7, 2002.

Tags:
  1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

actually i think yao is a legit all-star right now and will prove it more as we get closer to the break. he is also getting a much stronger following in the rest of america.

not that many good centers....shaq is the only for sure all-star. yao ming has a lot of hype and is starting to play great so he could pick up a lot of the other votes.

2. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

WOW!!!!

YAO WILL START OVER SHAQ

that blows my head
    but yeah, those chinese, this is there national hero, communism is geared to a regard to that sort of thing, and damn, just think if they could have 2 kids how many all star games would just be asian... :)

it would be like a ummm, census poll, and its the nba ballot
    I love communism!

and the rockets RED glare....?!?!??

APOCALYPSE YAO
    :cool:

3. seymour

seymour New Member

Hey, jbond77, what does "communism" have to do with this. And FYI, there's no communism in China, all capitalism now.

Actually soccer is the major sport here. Among all those netsurfers basketball fans are comparatively less, and those who'd know about the vote and who'd care enough to vote, I think, would be far far less than all your American basketball fans.

So, don't worry. Apocalypse won't be coming. Yao won't be voted over Shaq.

(I can't believe my first post would be something like this)

4. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

China soccer really sucks.
    I believe more and more soccer fans will become basketball fans just because of Yao and Rockets.

5. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

Went to Beijing and Shanghai last year and it really does seem like capitalism is all around you. But we still know who really runs the country, especially after you visit Tianamen Square.

Anyways...on to bball...with a country of 2 billion, if only 1% were basketball fans, that'd be 20 million fans. And if only 1% voted for Yao (and only once) on the internet...that'd be 2 million votes!! A crude calculation, yes, but should drive the point home --> Yao could start!

6. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Oh really? :rolleyes:

7. seymour

seymour New Member

Yes, and the "communist party" high officials are the biggest capitalist.

8. fatfatcow

fatfatcow Member

so what if china is comminism !!! this doent mean is bad or are u embarrass as a chinses cuz china is communust contry?!.its is just different system than the american capticalism
    anyway back to bball i think yao is an all star the way he is playing right now and i think he will get 100 million votes:D :D :D

9. cctt

cctt New Member

China will be stronger,and Yaoming will be the best one in NBA.

:)

10. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

But they are all Yao Ming fans.

11. basketball

basketball Contributing Member

I don't think many people will be extremely upset if Yao is in the All-Star game. Consider his play of late and if he continue to improve, he might average 14-16 ppg at the all star break. I don't see anyone other Center in the West (except Shaq of course) that will average much more than that. As far as Z. Ig. of Cleveland, he is averaging 17-18 ppg but only shoot in the low 40's I think. Also, Yao's game is more complete then him. I would give the edge with regard to passing and defense to Yao. So, I think by the All-Star break, Yao is probably going to be the 2nd best center in the NBA. I wonder what the NBA is going to do if Bateer and Wang get vote in the All-Star game by the Chinese fans? I realize that Wang and Bateer are not on the ballot but they can be write in. That would be a joke if that is going to happen.

12. mancarcat

mancarcat Member

I sincerely, souly, crazily agree with you. Although it is truth, few Chinese would say it aloud. In china,

Communist party member=high official=capitalist=money keeper/consumer

But most of them like Basketball. Faint....:confused:

13. liujun0768

liujun0768 Member

damn nonsense!corruption is inevitable in every country including USA!what about enron and so many others!here is just a BBALL bbs,no political topic!ok?

14. Panda

Panda Member

Welcome. If you were here 2-3 months earlier, I would probably save a lot of time saying the same thing on this board.

15. Panda

Panda Member

Don't overreact. What he said is true, and if it wasn't for the practical benefits Yao bring to them, they wouldn't let this CBA superstar go to the NBA.

16. yingtchen

yingtchen Member

Cannot believe my 1st post is related to some statistics. ... with a country of 1.3 billion (not 2 billion), if only 1% were basketball fans, that'd be 13 million (not 20 million) fans. And if only 1% voted for Yao (and only once) on the internet...that'd be only 0.13 million (not 2 million) votes, sigh! (not !!)

17. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

Yikes! Better relearn my math. Nonetheless, I was just citing extremes....we'll all know the influence of Chinese voting when the votes come out