1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you own a Saturn car? MUST read, if so...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by verse, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Let's keep it real.

If you drive a Saturn, chances are you dont have anything inside it that is worth stealing.

1 person likes this.
  2. sbyang

sbyang Member

My first reaction as well. I'm guessing these are older cars.

3. Isabel

Isabel Member

I had a Saturn for nine years. Piece of ____. They don't make them anymore. I do remember they gave me a plastic card with a plastic key you were supposed to detach if you ever got locked out of your car, and use in an emergency. I never ended up using it, but wondered how they could make plastic keys that still fit your car. Now I know.

The tires never lasted long. The electrical parts, such as alternators, didn't either. The timing chain broke in the engine. (The Saturn dealership told me some untrue stories about not being able to be fixed or not being worth it.) The body was plastic which led to a lot of damage if it ran into anything at all.

Fortunately no one ever tried to steal it or anything from it. By comparison, they took my boyfriend at the time's ancient Buick - probably easier to hot wire - and then later they tried to take my Chevy pickup.

Lately I've been driving Hyundais and Kias. Non-American cars really are much less trouble.

4. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

That's what I'm saying

5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

My brother in law and a boyfriend of my wife's sister had similar Chevy Silverados that they randomly figured out that their keys worked in each other's trucks.

Cool story, bro.

6. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

All models?

7. Asian Sensation

Who buys a freaking Saturn?!? Moreover, how in the blue hell did you find another person with a Saturn in the same state, city and day.

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I was also at a gas station back in about 2001 when I saw this 8/10 chick get out of a red Saturn. Myself with much youthful bravado tells the 8/10 chick "like your car, your ass is out of this world." I then got slapped.

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Must have hurt, considering how tall she was.

10. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

A friend of mine had a Saturn that could be unlocked and started with another friend's mailbox key. Needless to say, there were a lot of pranks after that discovery was made.

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

this whole thing seems like you something you would read on facebook and be encouraged to "share"

12. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Yeah, I did a Snopes check on this one. No hits. Might actually be legit. If it is, EPIC FAIL on the part of Saturn.

13. verse

verse Contributing Member

It is true.

14. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

My fraternity brothers got a Saturn...but damn it, he's the only man I know who has a Saturn...