1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Rockets reminds me of..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Luckkky, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

Everyone is talking all this crap now, then when we make the playoffs this year Don't sit there and cringe up on your seat sweating and **** with all excitement running through your body you stupid POS

=D

2. Asian Sensation

You're crazy. There's so many differences.

The biggest difference was that team was consistent night in and night out. Also their PF was Rasheed Wallace not Williamson lol. Sheed was still a bonafide star at that time that played like a superstar when he needed to. Only Duncan and KG were better at the time. Prince was a 2 way player that played better defense then Parsons and he could score buckets as well. Most importantly Ben Wallace was defensive player of the year from 2002-2006 with the exception of 2004. His post defense was like Chuck Hayes on steroids and he was blocking 3 shots per game while pulling down roughly 13 boards per game.

Talk to me when at least 1 of the Rockets makes this team.
    [​IMG]

3. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I wish you were right because it is kinda nice to think of these Rockets as 04 Pistons. But... 4 All-Stars alone on that team..cmon

4. dd89

dd89 Member

Hahaha, great reply!

5. alethios

alethios Member

...the island of misfit toys

That's what I thought of when I first saw this thread. Just sayin' it's going to be hard to find homes for our 09ers.

6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

[​IMG]

7. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Not talking crap on whether or not we will make the playoffs or whether or not we are fans of the Rockets. I am one of the biggest Rockets' fans I know. I watch every game, win or lose. I am just realistic and believe that whether we make the playoffs, do well in the playoffs or win a championship that the comparison is not close.

8. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

Makings playoffs = championship caliber team?

There was a thread last summer while I was still lurking comparing the Pistons D to the Bulls(?) of the 90's. Even those numbers weren't close.

9. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I've just noticed it gives people hope. It's hard to go into the season, year after year, knowing your team doesn't have a chance without major changes.

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Not one of our starters is better than their starters, and not by a longshot. Lowry is closest to Billups, but Billups was still considerably better at that point in his career.

Scola might be as good as 'Sheed offensively but defensively it's a joke. Ditto with K-mart and Rip.