1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 GOP Presidential Primary

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Jan 27, 2011.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Put wings on it.

2. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

I must admit, this made me laugh.

3. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Source?

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Let them eat cake!

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Romney is like a really rich Joe Biden.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The Democratic Committee and any non 1% PAC's (oxymoron?) ought to spend their money on the 25 critical Congressional elections because the 1% will. Again, we've seen it has very little practical effect to own the Executive with an obstructionist Congress. Hell, they can't even seat a judge without a recess appointment.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

how much did gwb set the record by?

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wow. This rings astonishingly true. Depends on how his gray hair comes in exactly, but wow.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Biden is a lot less robotic. He is the human Mitt Romney if anything.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He will actually - He's outraising Romney by a longshot, but Romney is getting tons of Citizens United-created anonymous SuperPac funds that come from random billionaires and weird shell corporations with no physical address that the FEC doesn't really have the ability to regulate.

Who knows what's behind them? We don't..thanks Citizens United!

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

12. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Another GOP primarie, another ass whipping taken by Ron Paul.

To be completely honest I was a little disappointed catching up in this thread in the lack of Paulites grasping for straws to explain yet another distant fourth place finish. I guess that comedy gold mine finally tapped itself out :(

13. Major

Major Member

He wasn't really competing in Florida, so 4th place is not a surprise there - same as how others didn't try for Iowa or New Hampshire. But Ron Paul pretty much needs to finish 2nd in Nevada, or his campaign goes down the tubes - the state is tailor-made for him. It's a caucus, where he's been organizing for months. It's a fairly libertarian state. And neither Newt or Santorum have many resources to dedicate to it. If he can't finish 2nd there (strong Mormon population makes it an easy win for Romney), there's no reason to think he can compete anywhere.

His best chance at a win is probably Virginia, where only he and Romney are on the ballot, and there is talk that Newt and Santorum will ask their supporters to vote for Ron Paul to prevent Romney from getting a win.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Even though he's more than likely not going to win, his message has gotten out which is a victory for Paul supporters. Other candidates are talking about many of his ideas, something that was unheard of 4 years ago.

2016 Rand Paul Ted Cruz and us Paulites will come out of hiding :). I still show my support as much as I can but I'm not going to make excuses and fight with ya'll.

15. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

CCorn will you vote for Romney if he's the candidate?

Sincere question

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

I will but it's almost asking me if I want to be hit in the face or my nuts.

I disagree with Romney on these points;
    Abortion
    Gay Rights
    Defense
    Afghanistan
    Education
    Immigration

But at the same time I disagree with Obama of quite a few of those, Gay Rights, Defense, Afghanistan, Immigration ( He keeps saying one thing and doing another) plus I disagree with his fiscal policies.

Now if my choice was Santorum or Obama I'm writing in big bird, or I might even be inclined to vote the D.

17. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

thanks

It sounds like it's going to be hard to get Paul supporters to the polls one way or the other.

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Romney is like a Hollywood characture of a richy rich guy. He hasn't worked in years but made $21 million last year and paid taxes at a 13% rate.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Most very educated libertarians I know still have a preferred party to vote for, we just don't vote straight ticket. Voting Paul in the main election would not be very bright if he's not on the GOP ticket.

20. highstep

highstep Member

Ron Paul is honestly too good for America. He is fighting for YOUR liberties. Why are the other candidates even in the discussion is beyond me.

The Founding Fathers are rolling in their graves.